Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ciao!

+31
allaun
sir-talen
Mr-Ru
SPRoss
Ganthan
Riikano-Alinaris
CyberCorn Entropic
DarkAngel
ford63
Winds
The Old Wolf
Hells-Reaver
Moonman
Leak
wolfman-al
Dughan
The voix
indrejue
Silvador
cenaris
Huivn
Xikar
Doctursea
rpx
vevans0009
tonylov
EmfinnFZ
norman728
Bunyip
Sylentknight
Vordreller
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Ciao! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ciao! Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:22 pm

Hells-Reaver

Hells-Reaver

I think she forgotten that the "little penguin" knows her "other" name and "profession..." And the website that confirms it.

27Ciao! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ciao! Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:35 pm

The Old Wolf

The Old Wolf

Hells-Reaver wrote:I think she forgotten that the "little penguin" knows her "other" name and "profession..." And the website that confirms it.

Well spoken.

This confirms my assumption: Hilary is pure evil. Ciao! - Page 2 Old_Wolf_Curse Whatever she gets when her world truly comes crashing down on her without hope of redemption, she will deserve in spades.

28Ciao! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ciao! Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:28 pm

Winds

Winds

Moonman wrote:I noticed a little gaff that JJ made in the comic and decided to take it upon myself to fix

It fits her so well!

29Ciao! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ciao! Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:48 pm

ford63

ford63

Mad BITCH Evil or Very Mad

30Ciao! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ciao! Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:31 pm

DarkAngel

DarkAngel

tonylov wrote:Holy crap…that face in the last panel is… terrifying. affraid
Agreed pale

Xikar wrote:Think Kat still has that hitman's number?
If she does, I'm willing to contribute.

Well I'm usually the first to admit whem I'm wrong...& I was SO wrong.

Up to this point, I was so sure that Hilary was just some prissy, her-sh*t-don't-stank diva who never grew out of her "cheerleader" years. Petty? Yes. Cruel? Of course. But, aside from breaking hearts & hurting feelings, ultimately harmless. An antagonist, but not a villian. Nothing on the level of Jack or Ozbasic or even the Eldak. I didn't even consider her to be "evil", at least in the common interpretation of that word.

In two strips, that opinon got blown to hell.

In fact, if Hilary Locke were real, she would scare the piss out of me. At this point, I wouldn't put anything past her. I totally can see Hilary trying to burn down the Gang's house (Think about that & look back at the last panel of strip #788 & try not to shiver), or getting Wolfboy to physically hurt Pip (although the last strip seems to hint that he may also have been discarded at this point).

That expression in the last panel? It's not evil, it's psychotic, which is what makes it so terrifying.

Again...I was wrong.

31Ciao! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ciao! Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:57 pm

CyberCorn Entropic

CyberCorn Entropic

Hilary just set herself up here. Her mistake this time was in not delivering her soul-crushing message in person so that she knows he fully understands the situation once it sinks in.* What she doesn't realize is that Pip won't believe Kat. Kat (and Art) have tried to warn Pip something like this would happen, but he's too much in love with his mental image of Hilary** to listen. Kat can argue until her whiskers fall off, but Pip will insist that Kat must have misheard what Hilary said, if not flat-out made it up. Instead of destroying Pip's self-esteem, Hilary's just guaranteed Pip is going to pester her more, if only to prove Kat wrong. It's going to take a lot more to break Pip's spirit.†

Remember, at this point, only we, the audience, really know what she's been doing. As far as Kat is concerned, Hilary was only seeing Walfaramus before she used Kat as a proxy to break up with Pip. To Pip, this is all just one big misunderstanding.

* Hilary looks borderline insane in that last panel, but I suppose one has to be like that in order to enjoy hurting people.

** Love being a type of drug-induced mental illness, if one wants to be cynical about it.

† In the meantime, Jolly Jack has an opening for a series of gags of Pip trying to romance Hilary.

Actually, I agree with Dughan's analysis. Often, the worst thing to happen to a person is for them to get all they want. I'd also like to add that Hilary has another foe, time. In time, both Kat's and Hilary's figures will fade, but Kat has other assets she can use – personality, friends, job skills. Hilary relies much too heavily on her body to get what she wants. Unless she manages to secure for herself a marriage with someone with deep pockets (an unlikely proposition), she'll eventually be skating on thin ice.

http://www.freewebs.com/roadstripe/index.htm

32Ciao! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ciao! Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:56 am

rpx

DarkAngel wrote:
tonylov wrote:Holy crap…that face in the last panel is… terrifying. affraid

In fact, if Hilary Locke were real, she would scare the piss out of me. At this point, I wouldn't put anything past her. I totally can see Hilary trying to burn down the Gang's house (Think about that & look back at the last panel of strip #788 & try not to shiver), or getting Wolfboy to physically hurt Pip (although the last strip seems to hint that he may also have been discarded at this point).

That expression in the last panel? It's not evil, it's psychotic, which is what makes it so terrifying.

Again...I was wrong.

Psychotic is like a symptom or a prerequisite. Look for more signs.

CyberCorn Entropic wrote:

* Hilary looks borderline insane in that last panel, but I suppose one has to be like that in order to enjoy hurting people.

Borderline insane? At this point that is like saying "She slightly killed 40 people"

33Ciao! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ciao! Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:20 pm

Riikano-Alinaris

Aaah, that's Hilary. And I would say the situation is worth the waiting

34Ciao! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ciao! Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:29 pm

Ganthan

"Congratulations Hilary. Was it worth it? Because despite your violent behavior the only thing you've managed to break so far is my heart. Maybe we can just settle for that and call it a day? I guess we both know that isn't going to happen.

We were going to throw a party in honor of your tremendous success. Your boyfriend Pip couldn't come because you dumped him and left him for dead. All of your other friends couldn't come either because you don't have any other friends because of how unlikeable you are. That's what it says on your official testing record. 'Liked by no one. A bitter unlikeable loner whose passing shall not be mourned.' SHALL. NOT. BE. MOURNED. That's exactly what it says here. Very formal. Very official. It also says you were adopted, so that's funny too."

35Ciao! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ciao! Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:00 pm

SPRoss

SPRoss

I wonder if that first bout of pity sex took place in Pip's room? I wonder if that silly rabbit realizes that Pip (or one of the little shadow guys) is the sort to have filmed it?

36Ciao! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ciao! Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:29 pm

Mr-Ru

I'm not sure what to think really.

On the one hand, Hilary's 'bitchshell' did cracked for a moment when she found that pony lunchbox and her breakdown could have been sincere. The drugging and manipulation could be a force of habit for her, since she knows no other way to live. And now her plan has worked, she can't tell it to his face and leaves it to Kat with an excuse. There's just something about how forced that grin of hers is.

Then again, she could just be a total redeemable bitch and Pip is a total non-entity to her.

37Ciao! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ciao! Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:34 am

sir-talen

sir-talen

I think we're missing one very important thing here.

The Denizens

Remember them? Cute little guys? Live under the house? Wander around aimlessly inventing cute things until given a direction?

Last time it but one it was helping Jack build a rocket to destroy the world and devastate a significant portion of the neighborhood with laser guns. More recently they built a fleet of TIE Interceptors to help their buddy Pip rescue the Kat and Art.

They like helping their friends.

Imagine what they'd do to someone who broke their friend's heart.

http://sir-talen.deviantart.com/

38Ciao! - Page 2 Empty I think this sums up this panel.... Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:48 am

allaun

39Ciao! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ciao! Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:58 am

Xikar

Xikar

sir-talen wrote:I think we're missing one very important thing here.

The Denizens

Remember them? Cute little guys? Live under the house? Wander around aimlessly inventing cute things until given a direction?

Last time it but one it was helping Jack build a rocket to destroy the world and devastate a significant portion of the neighborhood with laser guns. More recently they built a fleet of TIE Interceptors to help their buddy Pip rescue the Kat and Art.

They like helping their friends.

Imagine what they'd do to someone who broke their friend's heart.

Ultimate army of destruction. That's what

40Ciao! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ciao! Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:28 am

BenRG

BenRG

Cyber Corn's suggestion is interesting; I wonder if we will see a stalker!Pip storyline or whether he'll just do something like... I don't know... repost Hillary's er... "past work" to her new employer with a promise that it will follow onto public image servers in one week.

Because one good "f*ck you" deserves another. Twisted Evil

41Ciao! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ciao! Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:33 pm

Zero the Dragon King

Dughan wrote:Hillary is getting exactly what she deserves.

She has this one wonderful moment of petty triumph at the expense of others, but later in that same day she will be sitting in her apartment utterly alone with no one who wants to share her company. She isn't entirely heartless, as her break-down showed us... and even now that she is "back on top" she has nothing genuine. Her "success" will be the only thing she has to cling to as days become months of empty, meaningless interactions with people who either want to use her, or dislike her company. To badly mangle a line from a wonderful show, "And you’re what? Petty bitch with delusions of standing? A sad little queen of a sad little hill."

She might not fully realize it yet, but every time she is alone with herself, it will become more and more clear to her. Eventually, no one will want to be around her, save for a quick shag... and even those people will be as loathsome and toxic as herself. Eventually, she will be forced to face the fact that anyone who ever could have cared for her, that anyone who could have loved her... she has driven away through her actions and her choices. In reality, people like that often turn to various drugs (including alcohol) to deal with that truth. I doubt the series would take such a dramatic turn as displaying her as some washed up alky who only looks good after a 5th of jack and too many beers, but it wouldn't be far from the realm of the possible.

People like she is meant to represent are often driven by a feeling of inadequacy and loneliness, coupled with the inability to trust anyone due to the assumption that most people, deep down, must be as horrible and petty as they are. In all truth, they do not deserve contempt or scorn, they do not deserve anger or hatred... they deserve pity. What Pip will suffer will suck, don't get me wrong; but unlike Hilary, he has friends around him who care about him and love him. He has the ability to grow from this, however painful such a growth might be. Hilary will have to hit "rock bottom" on her own, and have nothing to fall back on before she has a chance to grow as a being. Don't hate her, pity her, for she is pitiful indeed.

"But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?"

- Mark Twain

Not sure why, but this seemed relevant.

42Ciao! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ciao! Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:54 pm

EmfinnFZ

DragonKingZero wrote:
"But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?"

- Mark Twain

I did, for a few years between becoming old enough to actually think about the religious doctrines I'd been programmed with and growing up enough to move on from the whole morass of stupid.

I'm also still cheering for a remarkably devious and effective play from the brilliant and stunning Ms Locke.

The two are (probably) not related.

http://cityofsteam.com/

43Ciao! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ciao! Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:56 pm

RennisTora

RennisTora

Please jump over the counter and smack her, please jump over the counter and smack her, please jump over the counter and smack her...
Nope I'm not angry, why do you ask? ',:3

44Ciao! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ciao! Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:10 am

Riikano-Alinaris

RennisTora wrote:Please jump over the counter and smack her, please jump over the counter and smack her, please jump over the counter and smack her...
Nope I'm not angry, why do you ask? ',:3

Y'now, smack sounds like a kiss (a nightmare becoming true?)

45Ciao! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ciao! Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:13 am

Ganthan

The one thing Hilary relies on to get ahead in life is her sexy body. She doesn't have ANYTHING else to fall back on. Whatever revenge one might get on her, she can always just seduce the right people and come back out on top again. Losing her good looks really is the worst thing that could happen to her.

It looks like it's time for the Quad to whip up another batch of 'Instant Obesity Juice.' Twisted Evil

46Ciao! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ciao! Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:28 am

wolfman-al

wolfman-al

Ganthan wrote:The one thing Hilary relies on to get ahead in life is her sexy body. She doesn't have ANYTHING else to fall back on. Whatever revenge one might get on her, she can always just seduce the right people and come back out on top again. Losing her good looks really is the worst thing that could happen to her.

It looks like it's time for the Quad to whip up another batch of 'Instant Obesity Juice.' Twisted Evil
Heh.
Hehehe
HEHEHEHEHEHEHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
MUHUHARHARHARHARHARHARHARHARHAR
Oh God!
That would be delicious, a fate worse than death for her, at least if its permanent.

http://www.airpatrolonline.net

47Ciao! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ciao! Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:49 pm

Mr-Ru

Somehow I feel that direct revenge wouldn't be so poetic and just stoops to Hilary's level. I'm sure something will happen to her though.

Meanwhile, I'm sure Pip's ebay account has sorted itself out whilst he was busy and he's got a store full of good junk to resell. Pony lunchbox included.

48Ciao! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ciao! Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:01 pm

indrejue

indrejue

how about if pip gives that exec guy the fat potion and tells him to give it to Hillary to give him more control over her.

49Ciao! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ciao! Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:55 am

shadowdarkk

shadowdarkk

indrejue wrote:how about if pip gives that exec guy the fat potion and tells him to give it to Hillary to give him more control over her.
you are evil Twisted Evil ... and i like the idea cheers

50Ciao! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ciao! Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:11 am

Riikano-Alinaris

I like more the lunchbox idea... send her one per day, until she is submerged, make her angry and rancorous until she explodes (poof!)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum