Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

#796: So, the prototype for Hiary was...

+18
campfirestring
jollyjack
Sylentknight
Anasazi
Moonman
rpx
double-a-fla
wolfman-al
Vordreller
DarkAngel
TheGreatHibiki
BenRG
Nikolai
tonylov
vevans0009
The Old Wolf
cenaris
not_cenaris
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

jollyjack

jollyjack
Admin

cenaris wrote:Strange. I always got the impression charity shops only ran voluntary spots.

Nope. They're run like any normal store. There ARE voluntary staff, but managers/core staff get a wage.

https://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

tonylov

jollyjack wrote:
cenaris wrote:Strange. I always got the impression charity shops only ran voluntary spots.

Nope. They're run like any normal store. There ARE voluntary staff, but managers/core staff get a wage.

Have you worked in one before JJ?

jollyjack

jollyjack
Admin

tonylov wrote:
jollyjack wrote:

Have you worked in one before JJ?

Three replies back.
C'mon, dude Very Happy

https://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

tonylov

…………* face palm* how could I have missed that? Edit: Now that I think about it my question is still valid and from the response I’m guessing the answer is no.

campfirestring

campfirestring

No offense to JJ, but I miss the squirrels. :/ and the rest LOL

indrejue

indrejue

i want the little denizens back jj they need to screw with bitchbunny

Gernsback

Gernsback

The Old Wolf wrote:Any story worth its salt has a character that readers love to hate. Rocket Romano, Randall Flagg, Bellatrix Lestrange, you name it. We love seeing evil in all its incarnations, and continue reading or watching the story in blissful anticipation that the baddie will go down in flames, because somewhere in our lives most of us have encountered someone like Hillary, and in real life sometimes the bad guys win (at least temporarily.) No argument about Jack's work being eye candy, but he spins a really good yarn, too.

Let us all remember that all the abovementioned trolls got their asses handed to them. So let it be with hilary.

Jack...Make. The. Cunt. SUFFER.

I swear off this otherwise excellent strip.

Pick one.

P.S. I never loved to hate characters like hilary et al. I just hate them. House NEVER got the smacking around he richly deserved.

Ravenos

jollyjack wrote:

Just to clarify: Jack's right, but also some government schemes from the job centre (i.e: The Work Placement Programme) have "volunteer" places in which... essentially you're getting paid your benefits to work there for a set amount of time, and should you refuse, they'll stop your benefits, as well normal paid position for core staff, and volunteers. I do believe they was phased out by our current government (or lack of under Cameron/Clegg) before summer last year. I know I was one of the last to be put on that variant of scheme before I got an actual paid job.

Nikolai wrote:Nope, thats not it.

"I'm fuelling his delusion the we have some kind...."

Might of missed it... but sure the typo is "The" here

Gernsback wrote:Let us all remember that all the abovementioned trolls got their asses handed to them. So let it be with hilary.

Pick one.

P.S. I never loved to hate characters like hilary et al. I just hate them. House NEVER got the smacking around he richly deserved.

Hmm... TAXI for Gernsback

And that was worth signing up for a single post for... I think.

Love the strip btw.

Gernsback

Gernsback

[quote="Ravenos"]
jollyjack wrote:

Just to clarify: Jack's right, but also some government schemes from the job centre (i.e: The Work Placement Programme) have "volunteer" places in which... essentially you're getting paid your benefits to work there for a set amount of time, and should you refuse, they'll stop your benefits, as well normal paid position for core staff, and volunteers. I do believe they was phased out by our current government (or lack of under Cameron/Clegg) before summer last year. I know I was one of the last to be put on that variant of scheme before I got an actual paid job.

Nikolai wrote:Nope, thats not it.

"I'm fuelling his delusion the we have some kind...."

Might of missed it... but sure the typo is "The" here

Gernsback wrote:Let us all remember that all the abovementioned trolls got their asses handed to them. So let it be with hilary.

Pick one.

Hmm... TAXI for Gernsback

And that was worth signing up for a single post for... I think.

I'm sorry...I thought there were others here that believed mean people should get punished, never mind if they look hot.

Ravenos

Gernsback wrote:

I'm sorry...I thought there were others here that believed mean people should get punished, never mind if they look hot.

Not the way the world (and indeed this comic seems to) work.

EmfinnFZ

Gernsback wrote:I'm sorry...I thought there were others here that believed mean people should get punished, never mind if they look hot.

Nonsense! Were your ideals to be enforced the world would be indeed a poorer place for the lack of Evil-Goddesses whose shoes we mere mortals are unfit to act as doormats for.

"Evil" and "Bitch" are just malign synonyms for "Effective" and "Winner" used by those who are neither.

*Still waving the flag for Team Hilary*

http://cityofsteam.com/

Gernsback

Gernsback

EmfinnFZ wrote:
Gernsback wrote:I'm sorry...I thought there were others here that believed mean people should get punished, never mind if they look hot.

Nonsense! Were your ideals to be enforced the world would be indeed a poorer place for the lack of Evil-Goddesses whose shoes we mere mortals are unfit to act as doormats for.

"Evil" and "Bitch" are just malign synonyms for "Effective" and "Winner" used by those who are neither.

*Still wavinng the flag for Team Hilary*

All just fancy words for "pussywhipped"

*getting the coordinates of that flag, and calling in an air strike*

EmfinnFZ

Gernsback wrote:
All just fancy words for "pussywhipped"

You got your Idyll, I got mine.

Mine's a lot less boring and pastoral though.

http://cityofsteam.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum