Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Comfort of a Delusional Mind

+10
DarkAngel
fhqwhgads
Hells-Reaver
Charvale
RenaTamer
Moonman
tonylov
zombiepancakes
wolfman-al
BenRG
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Comfort of a Delusional Mind Empty The Comfort of a Delusional Mind Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:55 am

BenRG

BenRG

Oh dear! Very Happy

The Comfort of a Delusional Mind SA_0787_small

Looks like Pip's going to have to negotiate a sharp learning curve ahead if he actually thinks Hillary admires his physique. What she wants is someone desperate enough that they will ignore her... er... "sparkling personality" and give her the emotional intimacy her life lacks.

Art is really in a tough situation here. Does he risk alienating Pip by trying to educate him or does he stand back and let the School of Hard Knocks do it for him, thus letting his friend get hurt in one of the nastiest ways possible?

It should be interesting to learn if this is just Pip's personal delusion or whether Hilary has actually told him that he has a hot bod.

2The Comfort of a Delusional Mind Empty Re: The Comfort of a Delusional Mind Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:59 am

wolfman-al

wolfman-al

Oh Pip...
Poor, poor Pip.

http://www.airpatrolonline.net

3The Comfort of a Delusional Mind Empty Re: The Comfort of a Delusional Mind Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:02 am

zombiepancakes

zombiepancakes

OH MY GOD. THE GUNS Laughing Laughing MORE LIKE LITTLE PEA SHOOTERS. Ok enough of that. Let's not forget that all of this was because of his ebuy account getting suspended. As soon as that is resolved, he might go back to working at home and never see Hillary again. Or will he choose to continue working at the shop because of Hillary? Hmmmmmmm..........

4The Comfort of a Delusional Mind Empty Re: The Comfort of a Delusional Mind Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:06 am

tonylov

What she wants is someone desperate enough that they will ignore her... er... "sparkling personality" and give her the emotional intimacy her life lacks.
I don’t think so. Hilary has gone from being rich and powerful to a poor nobody, that is a traumatic experience and people often change dramatically after traumatic experiences.

5The Comfort of a Delusional Mind Empty Re: The Comfort of a Delusional Mind Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:42 am

Moonman

Moonman

The Comfort of a Delusional Mind 2426959-not_sure_if_serious_or_being_sarcastic

6The Comfort of a Delusional Mind Empty Re: The Comfort of a Delusional Mind Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:06 pm

RenaTamer

i don't know, i think it would be cool if Pip and Hillary's fling actually developed into a loving (dare i say it) relationship. sure Hillary hanging around the house will drive Kat up the wall and will fray her nerves just waiting for the rabbit to pull something that might never happen... though that might just be what Hillary is planing, to do nothing but cuddle Pip and quietly watch Kat drive herself crazy.

besides, someone in the house deserves to fall in love and be happy. it's not like Art or Kat are willing to take that step any time soon, and i don't see the brain trust finding time in their busy day to go looking for boys...

they would probably just build one anyway.

7The Comfort of a Delusional Mind Empty Re: The Comfort of a Delusional Mind Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:16 pm

Charvale

Charvale

RenaTamer wrote:i don't know, i think it would be cool if Pip and Hillary's fling actually developed into a loving (dare i say it) relationship. sure Hillary hanging around the house will drive Kat up the wall and will fray her nerves just waiting for the rabbit to pull something that might never happen... though that might just be what Hillary is planing, to do nothing but cuddle Pip and quietly watch Kat drive herself crazy.

besides, someone in the house deserves to fall in love and be happy. it's not like Art or Kat are willing to take that step any time soon, and i don't see the brain trust finding time in their busy day to go looking for boys...

You make a valid point.

I just thank god Pip didn't start talking about their sexual escapades to Art instead of flexing his flippers.

8The Comfort of a Delusional Mind Empty Re: The Comfort of a Delusional Mind Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:01 pm

Hells-Reaver

Hells-Reaver

*face-palm*

9The Comfort of a Delusional Mind Empty Re: The Comfort of a Delusional Mind Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:11 pm

fhqwhgads

RenaTamer wrote:i don't know, i think it would be cool if Pip and Hillary's fling actually developed into a loving (dare i say it) relationship. sure Hillary hanging around the house will drive Kat up the wall and will fray her nerves just waiting for the rabbit to pull something that might never happen... though that might just be what Hillary is planing, to do nothing but cuddle Pip and quietly watch Kat drive herself crazy.
I would LOVE if this actually happened. Collateral insanity without even trying. Twisted Evil

10The Comfort of a Delusional Mind Empty Re: The Comfort of a Delusional Mind Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:22 pm

DarkAngel

DarkAngel

Actually what would be an awesome plot twist is if Pip is using Hilary! Y'know, kinda like "Oh I know you're just using me to annoy Kat, but hey, if I gets some nookie in the process..."

I mean c'mon, he can't be THAT delusional................right?

RenaTamer wrote:I don't see the brain trust finding time in their busy day to go looking for boys...

Makes one wonder what kind of man (men?) they would build. Would they answer the call of their hormones & build a hunky "studbot", maybe something more cuddly...

...or would they get weird?

EmfinnFZ

RenaTamer wrote:I don't see the brain trust finding time in their busy day to go looking for boys...

DarkAngel wrote:
Makes one wonder what kind of man (men?) they would build. Would they answer the call of their hormones & build a hunky "studbot", maybe something more cuddly...

Well, we already know they go googly-eyed over teeny-bopper-sparkly-faux-vamps, so that might be considered a pointer.

DarkAngel wrote:

Myself I can see them taking the scientific approach of first defining "manly" and then extending that to logical extremes.

So... Lordi look-alikes?

Of course (TV aside) their main definitive example of "male" is Art, so... umm... 50cm eyerows on legs?

http://cityofsteam.com/

12The Comfort of a Delusional Mind Empty Re: The Comfort of a Delusional Mind Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:43 am

CyberCorn Entropic

CyberCorn Entropic

Love is its own sort of insanity.

DarkAngel wrote:Makes one wonder what kind of man (men?) they would build. Would they answer the call of their hormones & build a hunky "studbot", maybe something more cuddly...

And then they'd forget why they built him in the first place. Followed by outfitting him with high-grade weaponry and a warp drive. Then, as they argued over who got to keep him, he rocketed into near-Earth orbit and kamakazied a passing TARDIS. Razz

http://www.freewebs.com/roadstripe/index.htm

13The Comfort of a Delusional Mind Empty Re: The Comfort of a Delusional Mind Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:24 am

DarkAngel

DarkAngel

EmfinnFZ wrote:Well, we already know they go googly-eyed over teeny-bopper-sparkly-faux-vamps, so that might be considered a pointer.
The Comfort of a Delusional Mind SA_0657_small
Yeah, methinks the Pipster put an end to that nonsense Wink

EmfinnFZ wrote:Of course (TV aside) their main definitive example of "male" is Art, so... umm... 50cm eyerows on legs?
Yeah, I've been wondering for awhile now if they might be a little sweet on Art. Nothing major, just a innocent crush.
Remember the "April Fool's" joke? Kat was out at the time & it wouldn't be as funny to make Pip...fatter so one must think that Art was the intended target. Sometimes children - or childish people - will tease the object of their affections.
Just a thought...

CyberCorn Entropic wrote:And then they'd forget why they built him in the first place. Followed by outfitting him with high-grade weaponry and a warp drive. Then, as they argued over who got to keep him, he rocketed into near-Earth orbit and kamakazied a passing TARDIS. Razz
And then things would get weird What a Face

14The Comfort of a Delusional Mind Empty Re: The Comfort of a Delusional Mind Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:00 am

CyberCorn Entropic

CyberCorn Entropic

DarkAngel wrote:
EmfinnFZ wrote:Of course (TV aside) their main definitive example of "male" is Art, so... umm... 50cm eyerows on legs?
Yeah, I've been wondering for awhile now if they might be a little sweet on Art. Nothing major, just a innocent crush.
Remember the "April Fool's" joke? Kat was out at the time & it wouldn't be as funny to make Pip...fatter so one must think that Art was the intended target. Sometimes children - or childish people - will tease the object of their affections.
Just a thought...
It's quite possible at least Scarlet does (the other three going along because they're not used to having divergent interests). Discounting anyone at Quinten R&D, Art and Pip are the only two males Scarlet has spent any substantial amount of time around. Of the two, Art is more of what might be called a "Daddy figure", and it's not unusual for girls and young women to develop crushes on father figures outside of the family. To Scarlet, he's like a father, and she probably loves him as if she were his daughter.

Which probably would disturb Art greatly were he to ever figure it out. Razz

BenRG wrote:Art is really in a tough situation here. Does he risk alienating Pip by trying to educate him or does he stand back and let the School of Hard Knocks do it for him, thus letting his friend get hurt in one of the nastiest ways possible?
Sometimes the only way we can get someone to learn something is to stand back and let them get run over by the metaphorical steamroller. Whereupon, as their friend, our job would be to man the bicycle pump to puff them back into shape.

http://www.freewebs.com/roadstripe/index.htm

15The Comfort of a Delusional Mind Empty Re: The Comfort of a Delusional Mind Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:25 am

vevans0009

vevans0009

This reminds me of a scene where Han Solo was unfrozen and then met Chewie again in a cell. "Everybody is getting delusions of granduer!!!" Laughing

16The Comfort of a Delusional Mind Empty Re: The Comfort of a Delusional Mind Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:27 am

Riikano-Alinaris

CyberCorn Entropic wrote:

Which probably would disturb Art greatly were he to ever figure it out. Razz

Strip #269 ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum