Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Target Endures!!

+9
artimies7
TheGreatHibiki
vevans0009
Moonman
Sean Mirrsen
Youchip
BenRG
zombiepancakes
Nebuchadnezzar
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Target Endures!! Empty Target Endures!! Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:06 am

Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar

soooooo looks like when their weapons don't work the Eldaks are just big scaredy-cats, HA! lol!

2Target Endures!! Empty Re: Target Endures!! Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:19 am

zombiepancakes

zombiepancakes

well of course! they're robots with no arms or legs, if their weapons didn't work, what would they do, bump into you? If Art WAS a threat, I think running away would be a good thing to do

3Target Endures!! Empty Re: Target Endures!! Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:11 pm

Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar

Surely they have more than ONE weapon... Question

4Target Endures!! Empty Re: Target Endures!! Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:09 pm

BenRG

BenRG

Oddly enough, the thought that jumped into my mind was: "Shouldn't have bought these death-rays as a cheap end-of-line lot from Wall-Mart." Razz

5Target Endures!! Empty Re: Target Endures!! Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:04 pm

Youchip

Youchip

I really have no idea where mr jackson is going with this one

6Target Endures!! Empty Re: Target Endures!! Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:16 am

Sean Mirrsen

Well, it's probably that the Eldak are OF technology, their weapons can destroy nothing BUT technology. It's like that episode of Futurama - "the human monster is immune to our strongest EMP fields, but dies from a simple sharp stick".

7Target Endures!! Empty Re: Target Endures!! Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:50 am

Moonman

Moonman

They better not risk another frontal assault, that Art is dynamite!

8Target Endures!! Empty Re: Target Endures!! Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:12 am

vevans0009

vevans0009

Art is without a doubt, one of a kind. Laughing

9Target Endures!! Empty Re: Target Endures!! Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:55 am

TheGreatHibiki

TheGreatHibiki

Alien 1: It seems the earthlings won.

Alien 2: Did they? That board with a nail in it may have defeated us.
But the humans won't stop there. They'll make bigger boards
and bigger nails, and soon, they will make a board with a nail
so big, it will destroy them all!
[both aliens laugh evilly, for quite some time]

Now replace 'board with a nail in it' with Art. Then you get why I laugh so damn much.

10Target Endures!! Empty Re: Target Endures!! Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:40 pm

artimies7

artimies7

Srsly tho? I was like, whoah, these bot's are stupid. One shot won't always kill an opponent.

They're so stupid, it's funny.

11Target Endures!! Empty Re: Target Endures!! Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:59 pm

TheGreatHibiki

TheGreatHibiki

artimies7 wrote:Srsly tho? I was like, whoah, these bot's are stupid. One shot won't always kill an opponent.

They're so stupid, it's funny.
I'd rather think naive than stupid. They seem very narrow minded and set in their ways. If anyone had a chance to kill Art it'd probably be Gary. Because Gary seems to be the odd one out. Those tend to be the scary brilliant ones. Hmmm Kinda like Scarlet.

12Target Endures!! Empty Re: Target Endures!! Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:13 am

KaZe

KaZe

zombiepancakes wrote:well of course! they're robots with no arms or legs, if their weapons didn't work, what would they do, bump into you? If Art WAS a threat, I think running away would be a good thing to do

Bah, heck with that. Their weapons may have no affect on ART, but their are plenty of other targets in the room.

Which is why I always say, "When in doubt, take hostages!" Twisted Evil

...not that I've ever done that before. Suspect

13Target Endures!! Empty Re: Target Endures!! Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:10 pm

zombiepancakes

zombiepancakes

KaZe wrote:Bah, heck with that. Their weapons may have no affect on ART, but their are plenty of other targets in the room.

but they said art is the only threat and they only want to exterminate him, if he's immune to their weapons, there's still no reason to hurt anyone else, but plenty of reason to run away from art because he is still a "threat"

14Target Endures!! Empty Re: Target Endures!! Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:24 pm

KaZe

KaZe

zombiepancakes wrote:
but they said art is the only threat and they only want to exterminate him, if he's immune to their weapons, there's still no reason to hurt anyone else, but plenty of reason to run away from art because he is still a "threat"

Good villiany requires knowing how too leverage a situation back into your favor. If the hero is immune (temporarily in this case) too your attacks the logical course of action is to threaten his friends/loved ones in order to get him to back off. Taking hostages is SOP in these cases as it puts the ball back in the villains court. A true bad guy ALWAYS has a reason too hurt someone. pirat

15Target Endures!! Empty Re: Target Endures!! Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:47 am

cenaris

cenaris

KaZe wrote:
zombiepancakes wrote:

Good villiany requires knowing how too leverage a situation back into your favor. If the hero is immune (temporarily in this case) too your attacks the logical course of action is to threaten his friends/loved ones in order to get him to back off. Taking hostages is SOP in these cases as it puts the ball back in the villains court. A true bad guy ALWAYS has a reason too hurt someone. pirat

But if all they could do is make Art thinner, then it's basically assumed that all biological lifesforms would be affected the same way. So all they could do to anyone is give them a makeshift lipo-suction.

16Target Endures!! Empty Re: Target Endures!! Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:11 pm

BenRG

BenRG

KaZe wrote:Good villiany requires knowing how too leverage a situation back into your favor.

You're assuming the Eldak have read the Evil Overlord List. It is much more likely that they are super-Mooks with lots of firepower but little initiative and who regularly pop stupid pills.

17Target Endures!! Empty Re: Target Endures!! Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:39 pm

TheCourier

TheCourier

This is inevitably going to end at Gary.

(Hahaha. Garyyy!)

18Target Endures!! Empty Re: Target Endures!! Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:22 pm

Spacecat

Spacecat

Think of it this way:

There's an alien being who, according to prior knowledge, can kill anyone of your kind with a touch or even general proximity, and has been left standing from your primary weapon.

Then, factor in the possibility that, for all their tech and deadly posturing, that these aliens could very likely be terribly naïeve about other races.

So...I think they're perfectly justified in their freak out.

...Just wanted to give my two cents.

...Sorry.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum