Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Wars Marathon

+16
Xenathos
Leak
The Old Wolf
jollyjack
Sheason
Nighthawke
KaZe
Moonman
TheGreatHibiki
artimies7
BenRG
Nikolai
Sylentknight
Dreadstunlock
wolfman-al
cenaris
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Star Wars Marathon Empty Star Wars Marathon Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:42 am

cenaris

cenaris

I bet it includes the Holiday Special. I motherf*cking bet it does. And they say the prequels were bad.
Star Wars Marathon Sa_07210

2Star Wars Marathon Empty Re: Star Wars Marathon Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:19 am

wolfman-al

wolfman-al

Huh!
And I though the denizens where more of trekkies.

http://www.airpatrolonline.net

3Star Wars Marathon Empty Re: Star Wars Marathon Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:22 am

Dreadstunlock

Denizens are JollyJack's mutated clones. x)

4Star Wars Marathon Empty Re: Star Wars Marathon Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:37 am

Sylentknight

Sylentknight

Could you ask for better army than Denizens who obviously self-identify with Storm Trooper clones?

5Star Wars Marathon Empty Re: Star Wars Marathon Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:01 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai

What is that one in the Middle Wearing? Is that a George Lucius Mask?

http://nikolai-bartolf.deviantart.com/

6Star Wars Marathon Empty Re: Star Wars Marathon Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:14 pm

BenRG

BenRG

Just be grateful that they watched the original trilogy, not the prequels or (shudder) Clone Wars.

7Star Wars Marathon Empty Re: Star Wars Marathon Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:02 pm

artimies7

artimies7

I didn't know that they even made Stormtrooper helmets that small.

Just shows to go ya.

8Star Wars Marathon Empty Re: Star Wars Marathon Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:28 pm

TheGreatHibiki

TheGreatHibiki

PEZ dispensers I would like to think though they be smaller than the Dez's heads. But more likely it's the same way they bought the stuff to make the TIEs. I wonder if Art has been checking his bank account lately?

HAH at the one C3-P0 Denizen. Now we know the odd one.

will play the SW theme disco on the way home. Bet someone will look at him odd dance driving to darth discos and jiving jawas.

9Star Wars Marathon Empty Re: Star Wars Marathon Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:47 pm

Moonman

Moonman

C3-P0 Denizen: Don't you judge me, I was born this way.

10Star Wars Marathon Empty Re: Star Wars Marathon Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:17 pm

KaZe

KaZe

LoL, didn't notice C3PO in the middle there initially, well played. Smile

I am a little surprised at JJ calling the show by it's real name instead of something like "Far Wars" or "Star Battles" this time around. Wonder why the change-up?

11Star Wars Marathon Empty Re: Star Wars Marathon Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:47 pm

Nighthawke

Nighthawke

If they start using using limp imperial threats, I'm out of here.

You'd think JJ would have made X-Wings instead of TIE's, but I'm betting that TIE's were easier to draw, amirite?

12Star Wars Marathon Empty Re: Star Wars Marathon Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:24 pm

Sheason

Nighthawke wrote:If they start using using limp imperial threats, I'm out of here.

You'd think JJ would have made X-Wings instead of TIE's, but I'm betting that TIE's were easier to draw, amirite?

X-Wings are way too over-engineered, would be way too expensive for the denizens, and as pointed out earlier, it makes sense that the denizens would identify with the Stormtroopers. TIE's are perfect for those little walking shadows.

13Star Wars Marathon Empty Re: Star Wars Marathon Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:00 am

jollyjack

jollyjack
Admin

KaZe wrote:I am a little surprised at JJ calling the show by it's real name instead of something like "Far Wars" or "Star Battles" this time around. Wonder why the change-up?

For his crimes, like Uwe Boll, Lucas is fair game Very Happy

https://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

14Star Wars Marathon Empty Re: Star Wars Marathon Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:47 am

KaZe

KaZe

jollyjack wrote:
For his crimes, like Uwe Boll, Lucas is fair game Very Happy

Hah! So I take it you're not getting the new blu-ray boxset coming out then? Razz

15Star Wars Marathon Empty Re: Star Wars Marathon Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:16 am

The Old Wolf

The Old Wolf

I love this strip. I have to admit I had to read the comments to figure out who the oddball was, it looked so creepy I didn't think of 3PO.

I guess I'm just too lowbrow when it comes to my cinematic appetites; I enjoy Star Wars despite its obvious flaws. But then, I like haggis and natto, too... Laughing

16Star Wars Marathon Empty Re: Star Wars Marathon Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:46 am

Leak

Leak

The Old Wolf wrote:I guess I'm just too lowbrow when it comes to my cinematic appetites; I enjoy Star Wars despite its obvious flaws. But then, I like haggis and natto, too... Laughing
Might I suggest a name change to "The Odd Wolf", then? Razz

np: Lamb - Butterfly Effect (5)

17Star Wars Marathon Empty Re: Star Wars Marathon Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:48 am

The Old Wolf

The Old Wolf

Leak wrote:Might I suggest a name change to "The Odd Wolf", then? Razz

My wife would heartily approve. Razz

18Star Wars Marathon Empty Re: Star Wars Marathon Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:02 am

Xenathos

Xenathos

The Old Wolf wrote:
Leak wrote:Might I suggest a name change to "The Odd Wolf", then? Razz

My wife would heartily approve. Razz

Do it. Now.

If its a movie I watch it. As long as it moves and contains action and a semidecent storyline. (IMO)

https://www.youtube.com/user/XellXenathos

19Star Wars Marathon Empty Re: Star Wars Marathon Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:26 am

TheGreatHibiki

TheGreatHibiki

I prefer the old trilogy, not the new one and definitely nor the revised IV,V,VI.

You know, the ones they forced him to hack out material deemed too out there because it was the script was too long winded, and they didn't trust him to just yet because Lucas was new, and then you add in the fact the technology for the cinematic parts were the best of their day and every effort was put into making the best you could with what you had. That is why the ORIGINAL trilogy has survived as it has. I think the original three were the best of the whole star wars franchise. Especially since, you know, Lucas and everyone starting believing for real that Lucas was GOD that was implanted in their heads.

That said I could be reversed by saying Lucas used the very best CGI for his new trilogy and revising the old one, but you have to look at this in my stand point. My favorite movie trilogy is back to the future, my favorite movie is Batteries Not Included of all time. The best tech is old tech for films, real props and not something computer based are essential. The technology used for the special effects in those movies were the best and still sit among the best of the best to me. Frankly, it's amazing how BnI's special effects twenty seven years ago can still look so much more real than the work of the best digital artists in the biz today. I guess it just goes to show you cgi doesn't make the movie. To myself anyway. oops I ranted. gomen. END RANT!

Xenathos wrote:If its a movie I watch it. As long as it moves and contains action and a semidecent storyline. (IMO)
For me it needs to have plot, a reasonable storyline that my mind can use to develop both character points, narrative, and have some understandable credible sense of logic. Take Thor for example. YES, lots of CGI, but the moments when she's hitting him with her van or just talking with him are more entertaining to me. However when I guessed the coming response/action/plot point(Not a Thor comic reader), I was VERY pleasantly surprised when it did exactly that. It was predictable. BUT, it was predictable in the enjoyable sense that it left me happy to watch it with no 'why the fuck did he do that?' sense of confusion so many other movies and books lately have left me. It followed through with it's goal of being a entertaining and plot driven action movie I was happy to play money to see and will be getting on dvd whenever I know someone isn't buying it for me for my birthday or the coming holiday.... fuck I am ranting again. What the heck is wrong with me? I'll just be going over... Arrow there yeah bye.

20Star Wars Marathon Empty Wait a minute... Oh... SH...!!! Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:11 pm

BenRG

BenRG

It has suddenly occured to me what a bad thing this is. The Denizens, who have been the mindless foot-soldiers for an evil mastermind before, have imprinted on a dark/lawful totalitarian military dictatorship that thought nothing of blowing up or glassing inhabited planets for the 'crime' of political non-orthodoxy. Consider what the Denizens did under Jack and ask yourself if their wanting to be Stormies is a good thing... affraid

21Star Wars Marathon Empty Re: Star Wars Marathon Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:47 pm

cenaris

cenaris

BenRG wrote:It has suddenly occured to me what a bad thing this is. The Denizens, who have been the mindless foot-soldiers for an evil mastermind before, have imprinted on a dark/lawful totalitarian military dictatorship that thought nothing of blowing up or glassing inhabited planets for the 'crime' of political non-orthodoxy. Consider what the Denizens did under Jack and ask yourself if their wanting to be Stormies is a good thing... affraid

Arn't you a little short to be a Stormtrooper?

Has anyone used that line yet?

22Star Wars Marathon Empty Re: Star Wars Marathon Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:26 pm

TheGreatHibiki

TheGreatHibiki

Nope. But I was thinking it.

23Star Wars Marathon Empty Re: Star Wars Marathon Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:21 am

ShadOBabe

I can stay quiet no longer. JJ has found my weakness and drawn me out of the shadows of prolonged lurkdom...
I frikkin' LOVE Star Wars.

And the Denizens wearing Storm Trooper costumes is the coolest thing I have ever seen. Very Happy
You're a genius, JJ.

http://www.shadobabe.deviantart.com

24Star Wars Marathon Empty Re: Star Wars Marathon Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:52 pm

vevans0009

vevans0009

Star Wars is definitely a franchise to give those guys great inspiration. Including myself. Very Happy "Impressive.....most impressive"

25Star Wars Marathon Empty Re: Star Wars Marathon Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:04 am

Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar

Would saying that i haven't seen any of the star wars movies be a bad thing on this particular thread? Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum