Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My opinion, be honest.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My opinion, be honest. Empty My opinion, be honest. Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:34 pm

Dreadstunlock

I think it would suck major if Art and Kat were in a relationship, what would happen to Pip?

I don't know, it's my personal opinion you guys can judge and bash, and whatever the hell.

2My opinion, be honest. Empty Re: My opinion, be honest. Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:14 pm

Frist

Frist

PipxScarlet forever.

Somehow in my twisted head, it would work. As more of a cutesy relationship as opposed to a real one.

Sure, he's a perv and all, but us geeks gotta stay adventurous while we're young.

Dropped hints as well.

He's constantly 1-up'd by her, and has gone Hero Mode for her sake.

3My opinion, be honest. Empty Re: My opinion, be honest. Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:39 pm

Dreadstunlock

Definitely see what you mean, but I think SequentialArt of JollyJack shouldn't have any serious romance or relationships, it keeps the comic a lot more humorous Smile

4My opinion, be honest. Empty Re: My opinion, be honest. Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:31 pm

EmfinnFZ

Dreadstunlock wrote:I think it would suck major if Art and Kat were in a relationship, what would happen to Pip?

Given that Pip has shown himself capable of selling an innocent sentient being into a life of sexual slavery in order to satisfy his own pathetic urges I say screw Pip sideways with an industrial rock-grinder.

http://cityofsteam.com/

5My opinion, be honest. Empty Re: My opinion, be honest. Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:32 pm

EmfinnFZ

Frist wrote:PipxScarlet forever.

That's just sick.

http://cityofsteam.com/

6My opinion, be honest. Empty Re: My opinion, be honest. Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:34 am

26_9

EmfinnFZ wrote:
Dreadstunlock wrote:I think it would suck major if Art and Kat were in a relationship, what would happen to Pip?

Given that Pip has shown himself capable of selling an innocent sentient being into a life of sexual slavery in order to satisfy his own pathetic urges I say screw Pip sideways with an industrial rock-grinder.

+2.

Pip couldn't neither get any PROFIT from Scarlet's mind, nor try to put maid dress on her, nor film the cuteness, nor drive her to the local police station by own... no.

7My opinion, be honest. Empty Re: My opinion, be honest. Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:49 am

Dreadstunlock

If really...Scarlet doesn't seem to be relationship type Razz

8My opinion, be honest. Empty Re: My opinion, be honest. Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:00 am

26_9

Dreadstunlock wrote:If really...Scarlet doesn't seem to be relationship type Razz

Yes... how could I forgot?

9My opinion, be honest. Empty Can O' Worms Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:33 am

BenRG

BenRG

I don't know, it's my personal opinion you guys can judge and bash, and whatever the hell.
If there's one thing that this history of entertainment teaches us, it is UST is a lot more interesting to the average punter than a real relationship. Look at some of the examples: Mulder and Scully on 'The X-Files', Joel and Maggie in 'Northern Exposure', Niles and Daphne on 'Fraiser' and many others. When the relationship issue is finally resolved, the characters actually beomce somewhat less interesting to the audience. Maybe we really are all soap opera addicts! Very Happy

Seriously, I'm pretty sure that it is possible to keep a pairing interesting even after they get together without simply pouring on the angst from 40 gallong drums but I've never seen any writer in audio/visual attempt it. It is done, successfully in books but rarely makes the jump to more modern media for some reason. Mostly, scriptwriters confirm the ship and then just simply don't mention it much anymore.

As Dread points out, one of the problems is that if you have a prominent character couple, how do you avoid side-lining the rest of the ensemble? I think that Jack has gone a long way to avoiding this as matters stand by giving each character a distinct 'schtick' and thus their own clear blue sky in which to stand, irrespective of their relationship dynamics.

No matter how carefully you lay the foundations, confirming a ship is always a risky move for any story-teller. Even if it's mind-blowingly obvious, there will always be an alt-ship fandom that will never forgive you (c.f. Zutarians with the conclusion of Avatar: TLA). Even approving or neutral fans might not like how their relationship evolves (reduced comedic flirting and misread clues, increased fluffy domesticity and snuggling, for example).

Overall, unless you have a clear idea of how to make the couple's relationship work within the story and meta-story without being boring and how to redefine the dynamics of your whole ensemble, it is something best avoided. The only really good reason is if the storyline demands it. Even then, try to avoid clichés and stupid deus ex machina solutions, which are typically the stock-in-trade of fanfiction.

Dreadstunlock wrote:If really...Scarlet doesn't seem to be relationship type Razz
That really depends on the beau. I've always admired how the writers of Friends created a relationship for Phoebe. She's so... unique that no traditional relationship would work so they actually wrote a made-to-measure boyfriend that seemed as weird as her but was just being smart enough to meet her on her own territory.

For me Scarlet/? ships miss a point: Scarlet is at least partly a component of a four-person hive-mind. The hentai and romantic in me really prefers the thoughts of a heart-warming Quads/? ship where the guy in question slowly encourages the girls to express their individuality more and more as time goes by.

Last edited by BenRG on Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:38 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added reply re: Scarlet)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum