Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Escher's Staircase.... HOW!?!

+3
TheGreatHibiki
26_9
Mindscrambler
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Escher's Staircase.... HOW!?! Empty Escher's Staircase.... HOW!?! Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:24 am

Mindscrambler

Mindscrambler

Escher's Staircase.... HOW!?! Sa_06811

I am not going to even acknowledge building this in minecraft... no.

First to post.

2Escher's Staircase.... HOW!?! Empty Re: Escher's Staircase.... HOW!?! Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:48 am

26_9

Well...

Escher's Staircase.... HOW!?! Wisdom_teeth

3Escher's Staircase.... HOW!?! Empty Re: Escher's Staircase.... HOW!?! Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:38 am

TheGreatHibiki

TheGreatHibiki

I've seen a massive version. But they sorta made it in a server builder, kinda like the massive 1/1 scale enterprise I have seen. So I don't think it should count.

4Escher's Staircase.... HOW!?! Empty Re: Escher's Staircase.... HOW!?! Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:45 pm

GothGuru

GothGuru

I cannot find it on UTube.
As for how, you would have to tilt the stairs in reverse to create the illusion.

Signature
Warning, my spelling is very bad and I like puns.

5Escher's Staircase.... HOW!?! Empty Re: Escher's Staircase.... HOW!?! Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:40 am

BenRG

BenRG

I wonder if the whole point of the joke is that you can only create an Escher Staircase when using a 2D medium to simulate 3D. In a true 3D medium, it breaks too many laws of physics (or rendering, in the virtual world).

Pip, of course, is a gamer geek and comic book nerd, not an artist, like Art. He doesn't know this limitation and is likely to drive himself insane trying to build the impossible. Art, meanwhile, should be building a high wall between their halves of the server because a frustrated madman is never a good neighbour.

6Escher's Staircase.... HOW!?! Empty 'Mine'craft Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:34 pm

Mindscrambler

Mindscrambler

BenRG wrote: Art, meanwhile, should be building a high wall between their halves of the server
Pretty sure he could just dig through...

7Escher's Staircase.... HOW!?! Empty Re: Escher's Staircase.... HOW!?! Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:03 am

The Mighty Monkey

The Mighty Monkey

Madness!

http://flightofmighty.blogspot.dk/

8Escher's Staircase.... HOW!?! Empty Re: Escher's Staircase.... HOW!?! Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:46 am

GothGuru

GothGuru

How? By recreating the image in 2D.
Perhaps flatten the earth and make the image in trees or stone walls.

9Escher's Staircase.... HOW!?! Empty Re: Escher's Staircase.... HOW!?! Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:09 am

scienceguy8

scienceguy8

How? Probably by building the staircase in sections that, when viewed from the correct position, appear to all be one construction that has the desired effect. Kinda like this:

http://www.gilberti-industries.com/

10Escher's Staircase.... HOW!?! Empty Re: Escher's Staircase.... HOW!?! Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:06 am

TheGreatHibiki

TheGreatHibiki

I suppose he could do the art of it as in made by a 1xwhateverxwhatever stack o cubes. But frankly simply make a 3-d version with upside down staircases with

BBB
BB
B

Upside down staircase. tada. Hibiki broke physics! Catgirls will suffer! Oh Noes!

It'll probably be some sort of cubeminer hack that allows stairs to be put in any way more than likely. because modding minecraft is just about as easy as modding garry's mod

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]