Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OOooooo topical.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1OOooooo topical. Empty OOooooo topical. Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:50 pm

The Doctor

The Doctor

At least things can't get any worse!

2OOooooo topical. Empty Re: OOooooo topical. Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:13 pm

wolfman-al

wolfman-al

To soon.
Remember: comedy = tragedy + time. You cannot make jokes when the corpses are still warm.

http://www.airpatrolonline.net

3OOooooo topical. Empty Re: OOooooo topical. Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:29 am

Pietja

Naw, there is no "too soon" for comedy. It just becomes even darker and even more tasteless one. Call me a di**wad, but I laughed at these :

"Hey! What's shaking Japan? Oh? EVERYTHING?"
This one is real, from news, BBC if I remember correctly - the journalist flies over in helicopted over tsunami-wasted zones and checks out her cell "We are litteraly FLOODED with comments on our twitter account"
"I tried to play "Quake" with my friend from Japan but their servers were flooded"

Remember : jokes are the best panacea for tragedies that we cannot prevent.

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

4OOooooo topical. Empty Re: OOooooo topical. Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:58 pm

KaZe

KaZe

S&S getting real now.. O.o

wolfman-al wrote:To soon.
Remember: comedy = tragedy + time. You cannot make jokes when the corpses are still warm.

I disagree. He's not making fun of the Japanese but pointing out the ridiculousness of the situation they're in. I mean come on, an earthquake, tsunami, volcano, and at least 4 nuclear disasters happening at once!? You have to agree thats pretty absurd even for Japan. (They've seen a lot of crap over the years.) If anything I see this strip as a kind of artistic empathy for the situations the Japs are facing.

5OOooooo topical. Empty Re: OOooooo topical. Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:24 am

The Doctor

The Doctor

wolfman-al wrote:To soon.
Meh, there are jokes the second these things happen. It's just how some people deal with it.

6OOooooo topical. Empty Re: OOooooo topical. Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:58 pm

TheGreatHibiki

TheGreatHibiki

In a way I kinda found it a bit too soon.

Then my give-a-damn broke.

So I laughed at this strip because S&S just about make me laugh every time.

I wonder if Spider saying 'At least things can't get any worse' would bring forth Godzilla?

Too soon? meh, get over it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum