Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.


You are not connected. Please login or register

How To Draw -

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1How To Draw - Empty How To Draw - on Thu May 13, 2010 2:54 pm

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr
I am a huge fan of Sequential Art and would love to know how to draw the characters. It would be great to be able to doodle them in my spare time. PLZ make a HowToDraw Tutorial (especially for 5C4RL37). I would really appreciate it.



PLZ and THXIES

2How To Draw - Empty Re: How To Draw - on Thu May 13, 2010 7:55 pm

Silverslate

Silverslate
When it comes to drawing, really the only person you can count on to teach yourself to draw like our favorite hamster...is you. Learn how I learned: get better and better at replicating existing pictures by looking at them. The more you do, the easier it will become. I've been drawing a Batman VS. Joker pic, using the trophies from Arkham Asylum, and people say it has very good likeness.

3How To Draw - Empty Re: How To Draw - on Fri May 14, 2010 2:49 am

MicasR

MicasR
I have taken you advice... have made small improvements since the beginning of the year Smile

Might practice my skills with a comic based on what I drew during history exam today.

I'm still upset that I didn't get ANY of the artish genes in my family Shocked

4How To Draw - Empty Re: How To Draw - on Fri May 14, 2010 3:21 am

26_9


How To Draw - Guide01

http://www.collectedcurios.com/Guide01.jpg , if anything is wrong.

Well,if you can't even keep the pencill well...



Last edited by 26_994 on Fri May 14, 2010 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total

5How To Draw - Empty Re: How To Draw - on Fri May 14, 2010 3:28 am

Nikolai

Nikolai
MicasR wrote:

I'm still upset that I didn't get ANY of the artish genes in my family Shocked

Though that contributes, you still need to develop and hone you own talent actual Visual art (drawing painting etc.) It is just like playing a guitar, It helps you accomplish it if a parent knew how to play it, but you still need to learn and practice all the time. I draw every single day, and Ive gotten only a little bit better than I was at the beginning of the school year. BUT, I was able to hit my biggest goal ever...figuring out how to draw the 'feminine' figure, and i can Thank Jolly Jack for that. (His drawings helped alot)

http://nikolai-bartolf.deviantart.com/

6How To Draw - Empty Re: How To Draw - on Fri May 14, 2010 3:45 am

MicasR

MicasR
Nikolai wrote:
MicasR wrote:

I'm still upset that I didn't get ANY of the artish genes in my family Shocked

Though that contributes, you still need to develop and hone you own talent actual Visual art (drawing painting etc.) It is just like playing a guitar, It helps you accomplish it if a parent knew how to play it, but you still need to learn and practice all the time. I draw every single day, and Ive gotten only a little bit better than I was at the beginning of the school year.

Mayabe, or it was my luck for inheriting the mathematics gene. I still can't understand how people don't understand the most simple equations...

Might have helped if my dad allowed me to take art as a subject. Or if I decided to start this earlier on :/
Still, better late than never.

Nikolai wrote:BUT, I was able to hit my biggest goal ever...figuring out how to draw the 'feminine' figure, and i can Thank Jolly Jack for that. (His drawings helped alot)

Funny, at the beginning I could only draw feminine figures.

7How To Draw - Empty Re: How To Draw - on Fri May 14, 2010 4:45 am

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr
thanks for the tips
i appreciate it Smile

8How To Draw - Empty Re: How To Draw - on Fri May 14, 2010 5:10 am

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr
I have tried drawing existing pictures from SA before but I found that I have a problem drawing the eyes, can someone maybe post some pictures of just their eyes?

Plzzz and Thnx

9How To Draw - Empty Re: How To Draw - on Fri May 14, 2010 5:38 am

MicasR

MicasR
oh yes... the eyes... those are always a bitch Mad

just practice I guess... or start with simple eyes and go more complex as you improve...

10How To Draw - Empty Re: How To Draw - on Fri May 14, 2010 7:21 am

Pietja


MicasR wrote:
I'm still upset that I didn't get ANY of the artish genes in my family Shocked

Well, my ancestor was a famous polish romanicism era painter, we even share the same name, but seeing my skills I have to say that that fine blood has thinned down to a nearly water-like state Very Happy.


MicasR wrote:I still can't understand how people don't understand the most simple equations...

Math - my nemesis. My enemy, an element more dangerous to me than fire. I don't remember anything I've learned from math lessons in school. Same goes for physics and chemistry - although I know how to do a destilation and how to make one very effective... hm... let's call it terminal sleeping pill Twisted Evil.

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

11How To Draw - Empty Re: How To Draw - on Fri May 14, 2010 1:06 pm

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr
i guess i'll make a collection of their different eyes, print it out, and practice them a lot. ( that sentence came out as kinda creepy)
I would still like it if some on would post some pictures 4 me



plz and thnx

(i always end a post that way scratch )

12How To Draw - Empty Re: How To Draw - on Fri May 14, 2010 2:07 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai
BeDaOrLiSeAr wrote:i guess i'll make a collection of their different eyes, print it out, and practice them a lot. ( that sentence came out as kinda creepy)
I would still like it if some on would post some pictures 4 me



plz and thnx

(i always end a post that way scratch )

Ill give it a go, Just keep an eye out for my topic updates under "Artwork" and you may see it pop up sooner or later, When ever I get the dang things Scanned.

http://nikolai-bartolf.deviantart.com/

13How To Draw - Empty Re: How To Draw - on Fri May 14, 2010 2:36 pm

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr
thanx Nikolai Smile

14How To Draw - Empty Re: How To Draw - on Sat May 15, 2010 1:09 pm

MicasR

MicasR
I must say, I have gotten quite distracted from drawing. I just had inspiration to write a short novel. I'm sure it would take a lot to actually post it, but I might if I don't reread it...

15How To Draw - Empty Re: How To Draw - on Sat May 15, 2010 3:51 pm

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr
I don't know how to post an image that is not on the web can anyone help? do I need to get a deviantart profile?

16How To Draw - Empty Re: How To Draw - on Sat May 15, 2010 4:47 pm

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr
http://bedaorlisear.deviantart.com/art/My-Scarlet-SA-164171650

This is a picture of Scarlet I drew a few days ago. Does anyone have any pointers on how to make it look more like her?

17How To Draw - Empty Re: How To Draw - on Sat May 15, 2010 7:08 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai
I dont have much to say, I Think that is a GREAT drawing of Scarlet. It is in your own style and looks great!

http://nikolai-bartolf.deviantart.com/

18How To Draw - Empty Re: How To Draw - on Sun May 16, 2010 1:33 am

CyberCorn Entropic

CyberCorn Entropic
Quoth BeDaOrLiSeAr:
I don't know how to post an image that is not on the web can anyone help? do I need to get a deviantart profile?
If you want to show images on these forums, you'll need to have an account with an image sharing site like Photobucket (it's free). Then take the URL of the uploaded image and put it between an [ img] and an [ /img] tag (you'll want to remove the spaces after each opening bracket).


This is a picture of Scarlet I drew a few days ago. Does anyone have any pointers on how to make it look more like her?
It looks good for an early try. About all I can advise is to keep practicing, study anatomy, and keep drawing. Your picture will also look better if you use your graphics program's eyedropper to sample the background color (if it isn't white) and then flood fill (the spilling bucket) the black chunk.

http://www.freewebs.com/roadstripe/index.htm

19How To Draw - Empty Re: How To Draw - on Sun May 16, 2010 6:06 am

MicasR

MicasR
Maybe I will draw something that I am truly satisfied with and post it Razz

20How To Draw - Empty Re: How To Draw - on Sun May 16, 2010 6:23 am

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr
Nikolai wrote:I dont have much to say, I Think that is a GREAT drawing of Scarlet. It is in your own style and looks great!

Thanks Nikolai Very Happy

21How To Draw - Empty Re: How To Draw - on Sun May 16, 2010 6:24 am

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr
CyberCorn Entropic wrote:
Quoth BeDaOrLiSeAr:
I don't know how to post an image that is not on the web can anyone help? do I need to get a deviantart profile?
If you want to show images on these forums, you'll need to have an account with an image sharing site like Photobucket (it's free). Then take the URL of the uploaded image and put it between an [ img] and an [ /img] tag (you'll want to remove the spaces after each opening bracket).


This is a picture of Scarlet I drew a few days ago. Does anyone have any pointers on how to make it look more like her?
It looks good for an early try. About all I can advise is to keep practicing, study anatomy, and keep drawing. Your picture will also look better if you use your graphics program's eyedropper to sample the background color (if it isn't white) and then flood fill (the spilling bucket) the black chunk.

Thanks for the advice Cyber, I'll check out Photobucket. Very Happy

22How To Draw - Empty Re: How To Draw - on Sun May 16, 2010 6:40 am

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr
For some reason, when I tried uploading the picture from my computer it said Video Upload Failed.
Plz help

23How To Draw - Empty Re: How To Draw - on Sun May 16, 2010 6:50 am

Pietja


I use Imageshack personally. And I never had any problems with it.

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

24How To Draw - Empty Re: How To Draw - on Sun May 16, 2010 6:55 am

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr
thanks i'll try that too


I won't be able to post for a few days Crying or Very sad

25How To Draw - Empty Re: How To Draw - on Sun May 16, 2010 7:11 am

Nikolai

Nikolai
I use My facebook for most of my work. Anything I dont put on their I keep on my Cyber-Sketchbook (USB Drive).

http://nikolai-bartolf.deviantart.com/

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum