Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kat tyme

+14
26_9
the good samaritan
CyberCorn Entropic
Winds
OraanuPi
BenRG
Dutch
not_cenaris
stephanodude
Pietja
jollyjack
electricv01
Smelge
cenaris
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Kat tyme Empty Kat tyme Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:52 am

cenaris

cenaris

And we are into K-ville and as a result the ensuing Kat overload.

2Kat tyme Empty Re: Kat tyme Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:14 am

Smelge

Smelge

I've gone off Kat now.

*secretly glees*

3Kat tyme Empty Re: Kat tyme Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:37 am

cenaris

cenaris

Then there eeees no pleashing you...

Keel hiiiim *strokes cat*

4Kat tyme Empty Re: Kat tyme Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:45 am

electricv01

electricv01

I've been meaning to post about this for a while, and since we are going to get a plethora of Kat pictures, I figured here would be the place to do so.

It's weird, and maybe it's just me, but I always picture Kat in my mind as having white fur and blond hair. It is to the point now that whenever JJ posts a picture of her in color I have to remind myself she's in fact tan and brunette.

I think it's because I'm so accustomed to seeing Kat in B&W, and she usually isn't toned at all in the strip, so I just kinda filled in the blanks with her color scheme before I ever saw a colored picture of her. Did anyone else do the the same thing?

Also please note I am NOT complaining that Kat should be white and blond NOR am I complaining that JJ should do anything at all to change how he draws SA. I am just curious if I'm alone in my odd perception of her color scheme.

http://www.realitycheckfail.com

5Kat tyme Empty Re: Kat tyme Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:21 pm

jollyjack

jollyjack
Admin

electricv01 wrote:I've been meaning to post about this for a while, and since we are going to get a plethora of Kat pictures, I figured here would be the place to do so.

It's weird, and maybe it's just me, but I always picture Kat in my mind as having white fur and blond hair. It is to the point now that whenever JJ posts a picture of her in color I have to remind myself she's in fact tan and brunette.

I think it's because I'm so accustomed to seeing Kat in B&W, and she usually isn't toned at all in the strip, so I just kinda filled in the blanks with her color scheme before I ever saw a colored picture of her. Did anyone else do the the same thing?

Also please note I am NOT complaining that Kat should be white and blond NOR am I complaining that JJ should do anything at all to change how he draws SA. I am just curious if I'm alone in my odd perception of her color scheme.

Lots of people think the same thing Smile
Back when Kat was part of a super-hero comic, her super-powered alter-ego WAS white (all over). But her secret identity was always the colour scheme used in Sequential Art.

https://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

6Kat tyme Empty Re: Kat tyme Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:24 pm

Pietja

For me Kat was always a blonde with fur of slightly tanned skin colour although I knew she wasn't. Whenever I read SA in B&W I see her my way and, honestly - I don't like her "canon" colour scheme.

And why do I see her the way I do, I have no idea. But I recall that a mother of the young kittens in "Aristocats" came to my mind when I first saw Kat.

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

7Kat tyme Empty Re: Kat tyme Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:51 pm

stephanodude

stephanodude

FINALLY!!! the K section I cant wait for some Fan servicey type kat! *wink wink* I dont know why but i like the first kat picture.

Last edited by stephanodude on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

8Kat tyme Empty Re: Kat tyme Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:53 pm

cenaris

cenaris

stephanodude wrote:I dont know why but i like the first kat picture it seems like....shes staring into your SOUL!!

That's how she decides whether you're a threat to the cookie jar. See, cats know when you're after their cookies.

9Kat tyme Empty Re: Kat tyme Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:07 pm

not_cenaris

not_cenaris

What first picture? Where?

10Kat tyme Empty Re: Kat tyme Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Dutch

Not a Kat comment, but the Jungle Girl Finds robot sketch reminded me of Girl Genius. I always thought of Kat as brunette for some reason. Must be all the Brunette cats I know.

11Kat tyme Empty Re: Kat tyme Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:27 am

BenRG

BenRG

I did like 'Kat Action Pose'. Sometimes, Kat is more Kitten and that is definately one of those moments.

Is it me or was she wearing gloves. I haven't seen her show claws normally (being an anthro, she probably has fingernails instead), so those gloves are probably Catwoman merchandise with real metal claws attached. Shocked

@ JollyJack

Kat was originally going to be a superhero?

Now you have intregued me. With Art's 'Kick-Ass' riot squad armour, Pip Bond, Vanity the Ghost Whisperer and the Steel Squirrels, we are on the verge of having your own League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (and cute lady Anthros) ready to go!

Quoth Ambassador Kosh

And so... it begins.

12Kat tyme Empty Re: Kat tyme Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:08 am

cenaris

cenaris

BenRG wrote:
Kat was originally going to be a superhero?

That was the plan. Jack even made a design of it, which I fancoloured a long time back. At some point I think he mentioned the colours I used were quite similar to the ones he would have used.
Kat tyme Hyperkatcolourbycenaris

I'd love to see an version of "Hyper Kat" in vicky's world.

13Kat tyme Empty Re: Kat tyme Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:39 am

stephanodude

stephanodude

whats the thing Kat is holding behind her in the first Kat pic?
1. its a cookie
2. Shes ripping her pants off (i wish)
3. its a cookie rapper

14Kat tyme Empty Re: Kat tyme Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:24 am

cenaris

cenaris

stephanodude wrote:whats the thing Kat is holding behind her in the first Kat pic?
1. its a cookie
2. Shes ripping her pants off (i wish)
3. its a cookie rapper

The Kat Hi pic? She's just holding her hand behind her hip.

15Kat tyme Empty Re: Kat tyme Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:31 pm

stephanodude

stephanodude

cenaris wrote:
The Kat Hi pic? She's just holding her hand behind her hip.

are you sure it? it doesnt look like a hand to me

16Kat tyme Empty Re: Kat tyme Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:49 pm

BenRG

BenRG

It's only a sketch, Stephan. It doesn't have to be anatomically perfect, you know. If you look at it closely, you can see that the 'wrapper' is the line of the bottom her thumb, slightly curled up.

Last edited by BenRG on Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected after looking @ pic again)

17Kat tyme Empty Re: Kat tyme Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:41 am

stephanodude

stephanodude

im not trying to be mean im just saying from first glance it doesnt look like a hand

18Kat tyme Empty Re: Kat tyme Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:22 am

cenaris

cenaris

Couple of new pics out of the 12 added sketches that I havn't seen before. The Beanbag string pic for example looks quite risqué (Good use of string and arm/leg positioning censoring BTW, Jack Very Happy) and the colour scheme one makes me realise one of my own characters has a similar scheme.

19Kat tyme Empty Re: Kat tyme Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:11 pm

OraanuPi

#1 favorite has to be Kat wearing the 'Big Shirt'. There's just something incredibly sexy about it Smile

20Kat tyme Empty Re: Kat tyme Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:10 pm

BenRG

BenRG

@ OraanuPi

I have to agree. Jack has a talent for suggestive and sensual art without making it out-and-out smutty. There have been a few Chloe pics that fit in that although, IMHO, Chloe is meant to be kind of OTT smutty in the same way as a seaside postcard (old Brit tradition).

I like the one with Kat looking at Art's use of string for a packages and obviously getting excited about it. Her whole body posture is very, very feline in every way. It is thus a very well observed bit of character art and a reminder that, whilst she lives with a human and works among humans, Kat isn't human.

21Kat tyme Empty Re: Kat tyme Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:25 pm

Winds

Winds

"Cream Soaker" has to be my favorite picture of this batch.

"Boobs" because not only does it feature Chloe, it serves as a reminder to people who pick and choose and to the girls who worry about about it --

No matter what size they are, breasts are the best.

22Kat tyme Empty Re: Kat tyme Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:36 pm

cenaris

cenaris

And if you change Kat_Cream_Soaker to Kat_Cream_Pole you get the amusing conclusion pic Twisted Evil

23Kat tyme Empty Re: Kat tyme Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:22 pm

OraanuPi

BenRG wrote:@ OraanuPi

I have to agree. Jack has a talent for suggestive and sensual art without making it out-and-out smutty. There have been a few Chloe pics that fit in that although, IMHO, Chloe is meant to be kind of OTT smutty in the same way as a seaside postcard (old Brit tradition).

I like the one with Kat looking at Art's use of string for a packages and obviously getting excited about it. Her whole body posture is very, very feline in every way. It is thus a very well observed bit of character art and a reminder that, whilst she lives with a human and works among humans, Kat isn't human.

I kinda noticed that she wasn't (or doesn't appear to be) wearing all that much either in that sketch. Maybe it's just wishful thinking Very Happy

24Kat tyme Empty Re: Kat tyme Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:00 pm

CyberCorn Entropic

CyberCorn Entropic

Quoth BenRG:
I haven't seen her show claws normally (being an anthro, she probably has fingernails instead), so those gloves are probably Catwoman merchandise with real metal claws attached. Shocked
She's got claws.
Kat tyme SA_0111_small
Kat tyme SA_0321_small
I applaud Jolly Jack for not only using them, but for making them work unobtrusively and logically in the Sequential Art world.

As for the gloves, the logic of the gloves having claws would be sound whether Kat used them or someone without claws did.

http://www.freewebs.com/roadstripe/index.htm

25Kat tyme Empty Re: Kat tyme Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:04 am

stephanodude

stephanodude

i like the loose shirt and the kat AND chloe one......they are SEXAH! Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum