Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What shifts you smoothly?

+35
not_cenaris
Haventownsend
scienceguy8
Drunkenvalley
Inakan
Nikolai
Ganthan
Damien Darkside
MicasR
BeDaOrLiSeAr
p1x13st1ck
Zumbo Prime
Blacklite
rpx
Haskins
Frist
cammyjag
Rad
GoldenDragon
Trevon Fox
Winds
Xenathos
Leak
cenaris
5c4rl37
mariachidevil
Paranoid
xivk
MadxHatter123
Pandora
26_9
Smelge
Lazarus Firenze
Zaran
Pietja
39 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 15]

76What shifts you smoothly? - Page 4 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:54 pm

Pandora

Pandora

I wasn't offended by you at all. I'm sorry if you thought I was (I was actually referring more to Pietja's post with my second one.) But you're right, we should stick to the topic.

What's shifting me smoothly is my boyfriend's birthday present is FINALLY shipped after being in processing for two weeks. It's on time in transit and is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Woohoo!

77What shifts you smoothly? - Page 4 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:24 pm

Zaran

Zaran

wow, I go away for a few weeks and somehow this topic has turned into a debate lol.

Whats shifting me smoothly right now is the cup of hot cocoa in my left hand after a chilly 28 F/ -2 C day.

http://zaranr.deviantart.com

78What shifts you smoothly? - Page 4 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:27 pm

Pietja

Well, Mother Theresa once said (forgive me if I misquote) that "If we judge people we won't have the time to love them". I couldn't agree more, yet I'm not able follow this advice.
Hm... sucks for me?

It was 22:30, -10 degrees outside and helluva strong wind.
As much as I hated the idea of going outside, I had to go for a smoke. I don't smoke indoors or in cars, only on fresh air. Well, I couldn't say if the air was fresh outside because my nose turned red just few seconds after I went out.
So, I took a walk, shaking hands trying to lit a cig., snow cracking under my feet, empty streets.
And then I hear a question through the sound of howling wind "got a smoke?". I turn around, and I see my neighbours daughter. She recognized me and, well, got a little scared. Why? Because of her reputation of a "good daughter". You know, good grades, good on piano and few other attributes.
I smiled, and handed her a pack. She hesitated, but then pulled out one, I lited it.
We stood together without saying a word, trembling on cold. She finished her, looked at me and asked "will this stay between us". I noded, smiled and replied "only if you'll treat me next time".
The rest... will be surely continued, as she guaranteed it to me Very Happy.

You know, I don't know 'bout you people, but I love meeting people on the streets when it's dark and the weather is unpleasing. Drunks, bored teenagers, once - a junkie, dumped women, and as the example above - even your "perfect" neighbours. For me, it has some magic in it, people are simply different than during the day. More poetic, mysterious... I don't know, just somehow better.

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

79What shifts you smoothly? - Page 4 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:47 pm

Trevon Fox

Trevon Fox

Another thing that shifts me smoothly would have to be sun showers. I love them so.

80What shifts you smoothly? - Page 4 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:00 pm

Pandora

Pandora

What shifted me smoothly today...

I gave my boyfriend his birthday gift, which he loved, and we went out for the day. Not only did he buy me a cute little bell to make a necklace out of, but he said this:

"I wish I could have proposed to you today..."

81What shifts you smoothly? - Page 4 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:01 pm

Zaran

Zaran

Pandora wrote:What shifted me smoothly today...

I gave my boyfriend his birthday gift, which he loved, and we went out for the day. Not only did he buy me a cute little bell to make a necklace out of, but he said this:

Wow, I bet that left you in a good mood for the rest of the week santa. If he ever does propose to you, here's a future congratulation and best of luck for the both of you.

What's shifting me smoothly right now is the fact that a hot shower had never felt so good in my entire life.

82What shifts you smoothly? - Page 4 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:12 pm

GoldenDragon

What shifts me smoothly is that I successfully finished my college term on a positive note, which includes finishing my furniture making project. It was a stepstool that I cut, planed, chiseled, sanded, and glued all by hand. It's going to be a christmas present to my dad and I bet he'll love it.

83What shifts you smoothly? - Page 4 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:48 am

Pietja

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HWahFq6lxk - nuff said, everytime I hear this song it just punches me in the gut.

And I like that.

84What shifts you smoothly? - Page 4 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:06 pm

Pandora

Pandora

Zaran wrote:
Pandora wrote:What shifted me smoothly today...

Wow, I bet that left you in a good mood for the rest of the week santa. If he ever does propose to you, here's a future congratulation and best of luck for the both of you.
Thanks. Dante always leaves me with a wonderful feeling. We've been talking about marriage and the like. I'm so happy with him.

What shifts me smoothly is that I successfully finished my college term on a positive note, which includes finishing my furniture making project. It was a stepstool that I cut, planed, chiseled, sanded, and glued all by hand. It's going to be a christmas present to my dad and I bet he'll love it.

Sounds cool. Picture?

85What shifts you smoothly? - Page 4 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:15 pm

Trevon Fox

Trevon Fox

What shifts me smoothly would have to be music that is created by people like Nujabes, J dilla (RIP), Amon Tobin, Flying Lotus, and Psyche origami.

86What shifts you smoothly? - Page 4 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:08 pm

GoldenDragon

Pandora wrote:Sounds cool. Picture?

Unfortunately it's already been wrapped up and everything, so If I was gonna take a pic of it i'd have to unwrap it. Sad

87What shifts you smoothly? - Page 4 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:09 pm

Pandora

Pandora

Aw. Well, after Christmas could we see? If it's not too much trouble.

88What shifts you smoothly? - Page 4 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:36 pm

GoldenDragon

No worries, I'll try to get some pics of it for ya after christmas.

Also what shifts me smoothly right now is this song:

This will be the perfect song to listen to whilst driving the 300C in the summer. Cool

That is when I get my license. Razz

89What shifts you smoothly? - Page 4 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:00 pm

Zaran

Zaran

What's shifting me smoothly right now is a nice cup of green tea

90What shifts you smoothly? - Page 4 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:24 am

cenaris

cenaris

For those interested and havn't seen it, the Iron man 2 trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/ironman/

Points of interest (some SPOILERS: Highlight to see)

- Firstly, it seems the government wants Tony's tech, since he arrogantly declared himself as Iron Man. Sam Rockwell's Justin Hammer appears in the coutroom scene with Don Cheadle's Rhodey.
- Tony arrived to the Stark Expo in style. Women in Iron Man inspired costumes dancing.
- Mickey Rourk's Ivan Vanko (Whiplash) tearing up Stark's ride and showing off his namesake.
- It's implied Rhodey gets his War Machine armour from Justin Hammer, a rival arms dealer. A frenemy relationship with Tony?
-The last shot: War Machine and Iron Man standoff with Iron Monger inspired soldiers. Stark's wearing a new suit. It has a triangle shape now, as opposed to the circular one. For those who have read the comics, this has been a staple feature on Stark's "Extremis" armour. The suit in that shot also looks almost exactly like the Extremis one, which could mean Stark can fit all the pieces in a special suitcase and have it form round him without special machinery. And connect with any computer around the world... Probably not....

SPOILERS end there.

It's a kickass trailer.

91What shifts you smoothly? - Page 4 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:42 pm

Pandora

Pandora

Shifting me smoothly, tomorrow I get to spend the day with my boyfriend for his birthday. First half of the day out on the town with he and a friend, and the night in our own hotel room. Just he and I. <3

92What shifts you smoothly? - Page 4 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:39 pm

Winds

Winds

Pandora wrote:Shifting me smoothly, tomorrow I get to spend the day with my boyfriend for his birthday. First half of the day out on the town with he and a friend, and the night in our own hotel room. Just he and I. <3
Bow-chika-wow-wow.

93What shifts you smoothly? - Page 4 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:23 pm

Pietja

Winds wrote:
Pandora wrote:Shifting me smoothly, tomorrow I get to spend the day with my boyfriend for his birthday. First half of the day out on the town with he and a friend, and the night in our own hotel room. Just he and I. <3
Bow-chika-wow-wow.

Every time I book a hotel room for the obvious, this kind of tune plays in my mind. Very Happy.

So, hotel rooms shift me smoothly Very Happy.

94What shifts you smoothly? - Page 4 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:42 pm

GoldenDragon

Winds wrote:
Bow-chika-wow-wow.

What shifts you smoothly? - Page 4 600107-oh_you_super

95What shifts you smoothly? - Page 4 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:20 pm

Trevon Fox

Trevon Fox

Winds wrote:
Bow-chika-wow-wow.
Do not open....
What shifts you smoothly? - Page 4 Noway
...Unless your humor is strangely inappropriate.
Spoiler:

96What shifts you smoothly? - Page 4 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:21 am

Pietja

I had a good laugh because of my friends misfortune. Yes, that kind of man I am Very Happy.

I was walking towards clinic to check my health, as I wasn't feeling too well (the verdict was that I have a flu, no, not a swine one Very Happy) and I met my friend along the way.

She had a bigarse black eye and I asked her if that's a "present" from her boyfriend. Wich, I know longer than her and I can assure anyone that he wouldn't hurt a kitten. She, irritated, says that everyone says bad thing about him and they're "totally sure" that she experienced domestic violence.

Well, in some way, yes Very Happy.

As I persuaded more, she told me what happened.

She and her boy live in a small apartament with a smallest bedroom I've ever saw - bed, night table and a poster on the wall, nothing else that could count as a furniture/decoration.
And, well, they've decided to spice up their "bed life", decided to act "very wild". Unfortunatelly, when the girl was on top of him, playing jockey, she slipped, and with a "wild" force she was K.O.'ed by a nearby night table by falling onto it.

It was -16 degrees and I was standing there, coughing and laughing because of what she said. She added that it's not funny, not because it hurts, but because she can not show anywhere with her boyfriend without being stared at as a victim of domsetic violence.

97What shifts you smoothly? - Page 4 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:43 pm

Pandora

Pandora

What shifts me smoothly...waking up next to a scruffy, sleepy, but very happy boyfriend, walking out of a hotel room to remove the "Do not disturb" card from the door and hobbling to the front desk without even bothering to brush out disshevelled hair. Then giggling when the clerk asks us how our stay was.

98What shifts you smoothly? - Page 4 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:06 pm

Trevon Fox

Trevon Fox

Sounds like a magical night lol.

99What shifts you smoothly? - Page 4 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:43 am

Pandora

Pandora

We were supposed to go pick up his car at a friends house, but we ended up going for coffee because we were so tired.

100What shifts you smoothly? - Page 4 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:28 pm

Zaran

Zaran

So... Kickarse Present + Magical Hotel Night + Morning After Coffee = Win?

This always shifts me smoothly: Warm Milk and Brandy before bed

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum