Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

We interrupt your regularly scheduled 'Torturing Hilary' segment to bring you:

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jinxed

Jinxed

We interrupt your regularly scheduled 'Torturing Hilary' segment to bring you: SA_1182_small
"Yes, this is a fertile land, and we shall thrive!"
"We shall rule over all this land, and we shall call it... This Land!"
"I think we should call it your grave!"
"Gaah! Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"
"Mine is an evil laugh!"

tarmaque likes this post

https://www.furaffinity.net/user/jessijinx/

tarmaque

tarmaque

Jessi wrote:
"Mine is an evil laugh!"

Too soon, man. Too soon. (Sixteen years later? Yeah. Still too soon.)

Jinxed

Jinxed

tarmaque wrote:
Jessi wrote:
"Mine is an evil laugh!"

Too soon, man.  Too soon.  (Sixteen years later?  Yeah.  Still too soon.)

If you follow the comics (There are Firefly comics) Wash's death was recently retconned!
So some good news.

tarmaque

tarmaque

Jessi wrote:
If you follow the comics (There are Firefly comics) Wash's death was recently retconned!
So some good news.

What?!?!? A comic retconned a dead character? I'm shocked! Shocked, and stunned.

I don't, but I do know Joss Whedon has said if there had been more movies greenlit that Wash and Zoe were going to be the core of the show.  I suspect that means he originally intended Mal to be the one who dies, but I have no proof of this.

That would have been sad though because then we wouldn't have that final scene between Mal and River, which is so good.

Jinxed

Jinxed

tarmaque wrote:
Jessi wrote:
So some good news.

What?!?!?  A comic retconned a dead character? I'm shocked!  Shocked, and stunned.

I don't, but I do know Joss Whedon has said if there had been more movies greenlit that Wash and Zoe were going to be the core of the show.  I suspect that means he originally intended Mal to be the one who dies, but I have no proof of this.

That would have been sad though because then we wouldn't have that final scene between Mal and River, which is so good.

The only acceptable death was Book's, as while a good character, he wasn't integral to the 'family unit' the crew had going on. Wash was perfect and dynamic to the crew in the same manner Mal was, and everyone bounced off one another very well. It's why losing Wash is still one of the suckiest things Joss has ever done. But at least it's retconned now.

tarmaque

tarmaque

Jessi wrote:
The only acceptable death was Book's.

And sadly, Ron Glass has left us too. He had a long and entertaining career, and I miss him. Shepherd Book was very different from Detective Harris, but both are favorites of mine. (He also played a Demon in a fun episode of the 1980's reboot of The Twilight Zone.)

Jinxed

Jinxed

tarmaque wrote:
Jessi wrote:
The only acceptable death was Book's.

And sadly, Ron Glass has left us too.  He had a long and entertaining career, and I miss him.  Shepherd Book was very different from Detective Harris, but both are favorites of mine.  (He also played a Demon in a fun episode of the 1980's reboot of The Twilight Zone.)

Oh aye, good man. It's a shame he passed, would have liked him to have been a spectre that haunted Mal and gave him moral advice.

tarmaque likes this post

tarmaque

tarmaque

Jessi wrote:
Oh aye, good man. It's a shame he passed, would have liked him to have been a spectre that haunted Mal and gave him moral advice.

Hahahaha! I love that idea. Mal hallucinating Book, and Book making Mal uncomfortable in intimate situations. I'd watch the hell out of that.

modemac

We interrupt your regularly scheduled 'Torturing Hilary' segment to bring you: DiCiSgJ

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum