Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

There is no hiding from THE INFECTION!

+3
DarkAngel
vevans0009
BenRG
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1There is no hiding from THE INFECTION! Empty There is no hiding from THE INFECTION! Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:06 pm

BenRG

BenRG

There is no hiding from THE INFECTION! SA_1050_small

So, I'm thinking that Pip has caught bird flu? Laughing Okay, cheap joke but I challenge JJ to tell me that it isn't automatically implied!

CyberCorn Entropic

CyberCorn Entropic

Pip overlooked the fact that Art and Kat do encounter plague rats out there and, while the two may be healthy enough to not come down with something, they can still be carriers. Pip will have a relatively weakened immune system due to his sedentary and less healthy lifestyle.

It might sound strange, but the ones most at risk might be the squirrels, depending on how clean their environment was at Quentin. If it was too clean, they might end up like American Indians versus smallpox, a fatal combination. On the other hand, I suspect they aren't that likely to get sick because they already would have during previous outbreaks since they left the lab, especially Scarlet. We don't need to invoke genetic engineering, either. All that's necessary is a strong enough immune system and that's cheaply done by maintaining good health and exposing them to pathogens when growing up to build up their immunity.

Lastly, the Denizens might get sick, but probably only out of curiosity. I figure they're immune to everything but the Rule of Funny. (Besides, they're already supposed to have died out from really common diseases alá The War of the Worlds, or so them rilly smat scien-teest guys sayed. :p )

http://www.freewebs.com/roadstripe/index.htm

3There is no hiding from THE INFECTION! Empty Re: There is no hiding from THE INFECTION! Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:23 am

BenRG

BenRG

There is no hiding from THE INFECTION! SA_1051_small

Just in case anyone missed it, Pip is a drama queen. Wink

4There is no hiding from THE INFECTION! Empty Re: There is no hiding from THE INFECTION! Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:51 am

SPRoss

SPRoss

I'm sure the Squirrels can whip up a Nurse Dalek for Pip. "STERILIZE!!! DISINFECT! DISINFECT!!!"

DarkAngel

DarkAngel

Stages of Man-Flu, while acurate, do have slight variations

1. Throat tingle
"I sure hope that it's nothing."

2. Twitchy nose
"Please, God, I don't wanna get sick"

3. Nasty cough
"God has abandoned me..."

4. Death
...or rather "Why won't Death claim me?!"

BenRG

BenRG

It is an odd experience to have your thread title be so completely contradicted so quickly! Razz

There is no hiding from THE INFECTION! SA_1052_small

Now, all we ArtKat shippers are wondering just how Kat and Art will fit into one HAZMAT suit and just what they might get up to in there!

SPRoss

SPRoss

"Hmm... Being safe from infection, or risking all to let sexy cat girl join me in the suit..."

(Opens suit)

vevans0009

vevans0009

Please let Kat in there, Art. Don't be a moron. Plus, Kat is willing to get inside something with somebody shows she is comfortable with the man during ANY situation.

DarkAngel

DarkAngel

Darth Vader voice: "There is no conflict!"

10There is no hiding from THE INFECTION! Empty Re: There is no hiding from THE INFECTION! Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:32 am

Sirenemarie83

Sirenemarie83

Personally, Arts comment about Pip having the plague? Sounds about right for how the Man-flu can feel like. And if I were in Arts shoes? Definitely letting Kat into the suit. But there'll probably be a reaction from the Mini-Art like when the two of them hid in the closet, Metal Gear style, during the Denizens arc.

11There is no hiding from THE INFECTION! Empty Re: There is no hiding from THE INFECTION! Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:16 am

CyberCorn Entropic

CyberCorn Entropic

BenRG wrote:Now, all we ArtKat shippers are wondering just how Kat and Art will fit into one HAZMAT suit and just what they might get up to in there!
There is no hiding from THE INFECTION! SA_1054_small
Looks like they managed to squeeze in, and their positioning seems to have thwarted Mini-Art's sharing his opinion (or Mini-Kat's — she'd have the same physiological response he does, only it's inside her) – for now.

Of course, sans can opener, the best laid plans of mice and men oft go awry. And since there's no mice around, that just leaves Art. :p

http://www.freewebs.com/roadstripe/index.htm

12There is no hiding from THE INFECTION! Empty Re: There is no hiding from THE INFECTION! Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:13 am

BenRG

BenRG

This is why forethought and planning is so important when you're doing things like this.

13There is no hiding from THE INFECTION! Empty Re: There is no hiding from THE INFECTION! Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:55 am

SPRoss

SPRoss

That reminds me of an old Star Trek rpg scenario where the GM had to ask the player if they remembered to transfer their phasers to the OUTSIDE of their Environment suits when they put them on.

14There is no hiding from THE INFECTION! Empty Re: There is no hiding from THE INFECTION! Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:28 pm

BenRG

BenRG

That's what the guys at West End Games who created the Paranoia RPG system called 'Fear and Ignorance, Ignorance and Fear'. Another scenario they suggested was to play with your players' sense of reality. "Have any of your players asked if their characters have gills? Why should you tell them that they're a water-breathing species unless they ask specifically?"

15There is no hiding from THE INFECTION! Empty Re: There is no hiding from THE INFECTION! Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:14 pm

Moonman

Moonman

Well I see a lady who has fangs for teeth.

There is no hiding from THE INFECTION! 1wsnhj

16There is no hiding from THE INFECTION! Empty Re: There is no hiding from THE INFECTION! Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:07 am

SPRoss

SPRoss

Naa, Kat's too smart for that... She'll just bang the cans open on Art's head. Twisted Evil

17There is no hiding from THE INFECTION! Empty Re: There is no hiding from THE INFECTION! Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:50 pm

Sirenemarie83

Sirenemarie83

Speaking from personal experience*, I very much doubt that Kat will use her teeth to open the canned food.

*Personal experience in this case means that I broke my upper left pre-molar (the tooth between the canine and the molars), on a semi-popped popcorn kernel. It split the tooth height wise all the way to the gum, hurt like a b*tch for about a month, then the tooth came out while I were eating some bread with various whole grains in it. And a metal can, for preserving food, is way harder than a bloody popcorn kernel.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum