Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ciao!

+31
allaun
sir-talen
Mr-Ru
SPRoss
Ganthan
Riikano-Alinaris
CyberCorn Entropic
DarkAngel
ford63
Winds
The Old Wolf
Hells-Reaver
Moonman
Leak
wolfman-al
Dughan
The voix
indrejue
Silvador
cenaris
Huivn
Xikar
Doctursea
rpx
vevans0009
tonylov
EmfinnFZ
norman728
Bunyip
Sylentknight
Vordreller
35 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Ciao! Empty Ciao! Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:48 am

Vordreller

Ciao! ZPbe8

Reformed Hilary will live on in the minds of fanfic writers. Too bad really.

2Ciao! Empty Re: Ciao! Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:12 am

Sylentknight

Sylentknight

There is nothing I can say that wouldn't sound like the angry declarations of a child in the schoolyard. While revenge is a empty path, Hilary has already been jobless and making her jobless again would not be...effective. If Pip decided to take the path of revenge it would have to be psychological or emotional in nature, self-inflicted, and something that would make Hilary hate herself...the only person she cares about.

3Ciao! Empty Re: Ciao! Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:02 am

Bunyip

Well...if only Pip could let the world what Hilary is like...that could be revenge enough.

4Ciao! Empty Re: Ciao! Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:07 am

norman728

I think Hilary forgot One Thing.....PIP KNOWS WHERE SHE LIVES!!!!!!!!

And two he has four Manic Genius squirrels as friends. Hilary could wake up on her way to the North Pole on her jet powered water bed.

5Ciao! Empty Re: Ciao! Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:18 am

EmfinnFZ

Go Team Hillary.
What? Everyone (including yours truly) loves a winner.

http://cityofsteam.com/

6Ciao! Empty Re: Ciao! Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:48 am

tonylov

Holy crap…that face in the last panel is… terrifying. affraid

7Ciao! Empty Re: Ciao! Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:56 am

EmfinnFZ

tonylov wrote:Holy crap…that face in the last panel is… terrifying. affraid

I prefer the term...

Actually, no, no I don't. You're right. She's terrifying. And rightly so.

http://cityofsteam.com/

8Ciao! Empty Re: Ciao! Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:11 am

vevans0009

vevans0009

She is going to be a statistic in the obituaries if she keeps treating people like this!

Just like that cruel teacher Kat used to have during her grade school years!!

Nobody will miss her, just like Hitler, Stalin and Bin Laden!!!

9Ciao! Empty Re: Ciao! Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 am

rpx

At this point I'm not sure if she spent the last 24 strips planing this on Kat, or was this just an added bonus? Then again this brings up the question. Why didn't she do all this in that year time frame she was on unemployment. Did Kat seeing her this far down give her that extra bit of motivation, to do in 2 or 3 weeks what she didn't do in a year?

If Pip still thinks he's in a relationship with her. She is still going to have to crush him when he show up to congratulate her on finding a new job. At this point all Kat really has to do is tell him Hilary found a new job and told her to give him the keys. Pip is on his own at that point.

10Ciao! Empty Delightful Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:56 am

Doctursea

Doctursea

I wish I could be so evil, I think i should start taking notes.

11Ciao! Empty Re: Ciao! Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:20 am

Xikar

Xikar

Think Kat still has that hitman's number?

12Ciao! Empty Re: Ciao! Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:26 am

Huivn

Huivn

hillary thinks she's so clever, when she just put the last stone into her own mausoleum!

13Ciao! Empty Re: Ciao! Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:57 am

cenaris

cenaris

Sequential Art on a weekend? Well I never!

I think Hilary should get away with it this time. Only so when she reappears the hate for her will be so great that she'll be destroyed on such a fulfilling level. Villains shouldn't always lose each and every time.

That said... I think she's going to get it real soon. Kat will get some more evidence. Pip will be incensed into leaking those images on absolutely every site imaginable and Hilary goes down quicker than a noob against and SNK boss.

14Ciao! Empty Re: Ciao! Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:22 am

Silvador

Sylentknight wrote:There is nothing I can say that wouldn't sound like the angry declarations of a child in the schoolyard. While revenge is a empty path, Hilary has already been jobless and making her jobless again would not be...effective. If Pip decided to take the path of revenge it would have to be psychological or emotional in nature, self-inflicted, and something that would make Hilary hate herself...the only person she cares about.

Too much effort and not enough chance of satisfactory success.

You get the shotgun. I'll get the shovel.

15Ciao! Empty Re: Ciao! Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:24 am

rpx

cenaris wrote:Sequential Art on a weekend? Well I never!

I think Hilary should get away with it this time. Only so when she reappears the hate for her will be so great that she'll be destroyed on such a fulfilling level. Villains shouldn't always lose each and every time.

That said... I think she's going to get it real soon. Kat will get some more evidence. Pip will be incensed into leaking those images on absolutely every site imaginable and Hilary goes down quicker than a noob against and SNK boss.

I'm in favor of that.

16Ciao! Empty Re: Ciao! Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:27 am

indrejue

indrejue

JJ the stakes are really high for you to deliver a crushing humiliating stupendously glorious payback from pip to Hillary. Now deliver.

17Ciao! Empty Re: Ciao! Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:29 am

rpx

indrejue wrote:JJ the stakes are really high for you to deliver a crushing humiliating stupendously glorious payback from pip to Hillary. Now deliver.

Not yet. Hillary has yet to do anything the think tank girls .

18Ciao! Empty Re: Ciao! Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:57 am

The voix

The voix

O.O

19Ciao! Empty Re: Ciao! Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:40 pm

indrejue

indrejue

rpx wrote:
indrejue wrote:JJ the stakes are really high for you to deliver a crushing humiliating stupendously glorious payback from pip to Hillary. Now deliver.

oh you want her to gather more enemies such that we have a royal rumble of who can screw up Hilary's life the worst. i like that thinking this is going to get dangerous the suspense is killing.

20Ciao! Empty Re: Ciao! Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:42 pm

rpx

indrejue wrote:
rpx wrote:

oh you want her to gather more enemies such that we have a royal rumble of who can screw up Hilary's life the worst. i like that thinking this is going to get dangerous the suspense is killing.

yep

21Ciao! Empty Re: Ciao! Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:45 pm

Dughan

I've been greatly enjoying the story in this arc webcomic and seeing the progression as it unfolds, but I think my opinion is going to be the unpopular one here;

Hillary is getting exactly what she deserves.

She has this one wonderful moment of petty triumph at the expense of others, but later in that same day she will be sitting in her apartment utterly alone with no one who wants to share her company. She isn't entirely heartless, as her break-down showed us... and even now that she is "back on top" she has nothing genuine. Her "success" will be the only thing she has to cling to as days become months of empty, meaningless interactions with people who either want to use her, or dislike her company. To badly mangle a line from a wonderful show, "And you’re what? Petty bitch with delusions of standing? A sad little queen of a sad little hill."

She might not fully realize it yet, but every time she is alone with herself, it will become more and more clear to her. Eventually, no one will want to be around her, save for a quick shag... and even those people will be as loathsome and toxic as herself. Eventually, she will be forced to face the fact that anyone who ever could have cared for her, that anyone who could have loved her... she has driven away through her actions and her choices. In reality, people like that often turn to various drugs (including alcohol) to deal with that truth. I doubt the series would take such a dramatic turn as displaying her as some washed up alky who only looks good after a 5th of jack and too many beers, but it wouldn't be far from the realm of the possible.

People like she is meant to represent are often driven by a feeling of inadequacy and loneliness, coupled with the inability to trust anyone due to the assumption that most people, deep down, must be as horrible and petty as they are. In all truth, they do not deserve contempt or scorn, they do not deserve anger or hatred... they deserve pity. What Pip will suffer will suck, don't get me wrong; but unlike Hilary, he has friends around him who care about him and love him. He has the ability to grow from this, however painful such a growth might be. Hilary will have to hit "rock bottom" on her own, and have nothing to fall back on before she has a chance to grow as a being. Don't hate her, pity her, for she is pitiful indeed.

/Dealt with her kind before
//Got chewed up and spit out multiple times
///You get over it, but you don't forget

22Ciao! Empty Re: Ciao! Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:34 pm

Sylentknight

Sylentknight

That's why I said that revenge is a empty path. Hilary, eventually terribly, terribly alone, would be a self-inflicted wound and a just price paid. However, I also feel that Jack is not one shy away from the reality that terrible behavior (I can't classify what she did as evil), does not always get punished. This little adventure could end on a very bitter note without any kind of justice or vengeance obtained.
Like real life.
Of course, while a bit cliche', this incident could be a catalyst for Pip's character to grow and make changes in his life. Considering how long Jack sometimes takes to unfold his stories, this little tale may be only half told.

23Ciao! Empty Re: Ciao! Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:04 pm

wolfman-al

wolfman-al

She must suffer.
That evil smug c*nt must suffer.
I said it before and I will say it again, she deserves a blow from which she won´t get up again for the rest of her life.

http://www.airpatrolonline.net

24Ciao! Empty Re: Ciao! Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:33 pm

Leak

Leak

Cue to Pip standing outside in that mech (Or was it a spaceship-suit? It's been a while...) the citizens keep in the basement... Very Happy

25Ciao! Empty Re: Ciao! Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:08 pm

Moonman

Moonman

I noticed a little gaff that JJ made in the comic and decided to take it upon myself to fix:

Ciao! Bq0tj

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum