Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Downsides of Technical Solutions

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 The Downsides of Technical Solutions on Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:31 am

Well done Jack for a nice little thought-provoking strip. Yes, there are downsides to using computerised filters to beat a phobia. It takes a little something out of one's experience of reality! Now... Did the Quads base that display on Cubeminer? Wink

Poor Amber, Jade and Violet probably think that Scarlet has gone bonkers!

BTW - Nice bit of tactical analysis there: Yes, very, very large amounts of snow are big threats. Worse still, clouds weigh several tens of thousands of tons, it's only their diffuse nature that stops them from crushing the world flat. This isn't helping cure the others' agoraphobia!

View user profile

2 Re: The Downsides of Technical Solutions on Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:18 am

Those poor girls are really missing out the natural sight of winter. Crying or Very sad

Last edited by vevans0009 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

3 Re: The Downsides of Technical Solutions on Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:33 pm

She honestly can't design a visual interface more complicated than 1980s Battle Tanks?

View user profile

4 Re: The Downsides of Technical Solutions on Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 am

Am I the only one starting to feel sorry for those three?

View user profile

5 Re: The Downsides of Technical Solutions on Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:40 am

DarkAngel wrote:Am I the only one starting to feel sorry for those three?
Personally, I've felt sorry for them from the start! It's a filthy, rotten trick to pull; maybe they can put their heads together and find a cure rather than the current mitigating treatment.

View user profile

6 Re: The Downsides of Technical Solutions on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:04 am

BenRG wrote:It's a filthy, rotten trick to pull; maybe they can put their heads together and find a cure rather than the current mitigating treatment.

I'm surprised they can handle the visors.

Anything which can cure them will (to their current mindsets) make them more exposed to threats on the outside by reducing their self-protective tendencies. The sort of minds that would come up with such a control technique in the first place would certainly not miss that little element of meta-paranoia ensuring the trio would protect their own control algorithms.

Seconded on the "filthy trick" though. If it was dreamed up by the hyoo-muns then they deserved their "deadly neurotoxin event" for sure.

Moonman wrote:She honestly can't design a visual interface more complicated than 1980s Battle Tanks?
They can, easily, but any level of realism would surely snap them out of their "safe bubble" into the screaming habadabs of exposed agoraphobic freakouts.

Last edited by EmfinnFZ on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding Additional responses to preovious posts.)

View user profile http://cityofsteam.com/

7 Re: The Downsides of Technical Solutions on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:08 pm

Wait, how come Scarlet doesn't have their same fear of open spaces? Did I miss something here? >.<

Although her pointing out the snow in the 3rd panel is pretty cute. Jade, Amber and Violet are like: "Pretty? Okaayyy..."

View user profile

8 Re: The Downsides of Technical Solutions on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:49 pm

lloonnee2 wrote:Wait, how come Scarlet doesn't have their same fear of open spaces? Did I miss something here?

Yup. When Art, Kat, Pip and Scarlet invaded Quinten labs they found the trio and learned that after Scarlet left the remaining "bio-computing components" were afflicted with massive agoraphobia so they wouldn't be able to follow her.

9 Re: The Downsides of Technical Solutions on Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:58 pm

Maybe Gary has the solution.

And off topic. HOLY CRAP. I've been apart of this forum for a year and a half.

LIEK WHEAR DID MAH YEAR GO~!?!?!?!?

View user profile

10 Re: The Downsides of Technical Solutions on Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:23 am

Poor girls... They should really find a solution for that.

Edit: I've been here for over 2 years and a month. That doesn't include the previous forum O_O

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/XellXenathos

11 Re: The Downsides of Technical Solutions on Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:33 am

TheGreatHibiki wrote: HOLY CRAP. I've been apart of this forum for a year and a half.

LIEK WHEAR DID MAH YEAR GO~!?!?!?!?

Dude... you joined the forums exactly one day after I did... I don't remember the event, but that must've been a particularly good comic (Or sketchbook) week.

12 Re: The Downsides of Technical Solutions on Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:14 am

This strip made me feel a little sad for the girls, not being able to see anything of the outside except in minecraft-like pixilated form. Crying or Very sad

Something tells me this is where they will attempt to treat the girls' agoraphobia.

View user profile

13 Re: The Downsides of Technical Solutions on Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:12 am

MInecraft.... dare I say it. IS AN IMPROVEMENT!

Because the snow is oh so pretty in it. Tee hee. I love you

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum