Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Downsides of Technical Solutions

+5
EmfinnFZ
DarkAngel
Moonman
vevans0009
BenRG
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Downsides of Technical Solutions Empty The Downsides of Technical Solutions Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:31 am

BenRG

BenRG

The Downsides of Technical Solutions SA_0737_small

Well done Jack for a nice little thought-provoking strip. Yes, there are downsides to using computerised filters to beat a phobia. It takes a little something out of one's experience of reality! Now... Did the Quads base that display on Cubeminer? Wink

Poor Amber, Jade and Violet probably think that Scarlet has gone bonkers!

BTW - Nice bit of tactical analysis there: Yes, very, very large amounts of snow are big threats. Worse still, clouds weigh several tens of thousands of tons, it's only their diffuse nature that stops them from crushing the world flat. This isn't helping cure the others' agoraphobia!

2The Downsides of Technical Solutions Empty Re: The Downsides of Technical Solutions Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:18 am

vevans0009

vevans0009

Those poor girls are really missing out the natural sight of winter. Crying or Very sad

Last edited by vevans0009 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total

3The Downsides of Technical Solutions Empty Re: The Downsides of Technical Solutions Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:33 pm

Moonman

Moonman

She honestly can't design a visual interface more complicated than 1980s Battle Tanks?

4The Downsides of Technical Solutions Empty Re: The Downsides of Technical Solutions Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 am

DarkAngel

DarkAngel

Am I the only one starting to feel sorry for those three?

5The Downsides of Technical Solutions Empty Re: The Downsides of Technical Solutions Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:40 am

BenRG

BenRG

DarkAngel wrote:Am I the only one starting to feel sorry for those three?
Personally, I've felt sorry for them from the start! It's a filthy, rotten trick to pull; maybe they can put their heads together and find a cure rather than the current mitigating treatment.

6The Downsides of Technical Solutions Empty Re: The Downsides of Technical Solutions Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:04 am

EmfinnFZ

BenRG wrote:It's a filthy, rotten trick to pull; maybe they can put their heads together and find a cure rather than the current mitigating treatment.

I'm surprised they can handle the visors.

Anything which can cure them will (to their current mindsets) make them more exposed to threats on the outside by reducing their self-protective tendencies. The sort of minds that would come up with such a control technique in the first place would certainly not miss that little element of meta-paranoia ensuring the trio would protect their own control algorithms.

Seconded on the "filthy trick" though. If it was dreamed up by the hyoo-muns then they deserved their "deadly neurotoxin event" for sure.

Moonman wrote:She honestly can't design a visual interface more complicated than 1980s Battle Tanks?
They can, easily, but any level of realism would surely snap them out of their "safe bubble" into the screaming habadabs of exposed agoraphobic freakouts.

Last edited by EmfinnFZ on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding Additional responses to preovious posts.)

http://cityofsteam.com/

7The Downsides of Technical Solutions Empty Re: The Downsides of Technical Solutions Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:08 pm

lloonnee2

del me pls

Last edited by lloonnee2 on Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

8The Downsides of Technical Solutions Empty Re: The Downsides of Technical Solutions Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:49 pm

EmfinnFZ

lloonnee2 wrote:Wait, how come Scarlet doesn't have their same fear of open spaces? Did I miss something here?

Yup. When Art, Kat, Pip and Scarlet invaded Quinten labs they found the trio and learned that after Scarlet left the remaining "bio-computing components" were afflicted with massive agoraphobia so they wouldn't be able to follow her.

9The Downsides of Technical Solutions Empty Re: The Downsides of Technical Solutions Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:58 pm

TheGreatHibiki

TheGreatHibiki

Maybe Gary has the solution.

And off topic. HOLY CRAP. I've been apart of this forum for a year and a half.

LIEK WHEAR DID MAH YEAR GO~!?!?!?!?

10The Downsides of Technical Solutions Empty Re: The Downsides of Technical Solutions Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:23 am

Xenathos

Xenathos

Poor girls... They should really find a solution for that.

Edit: I've been here for over 2 years and a month. That doesn't include the previous forum O_O

https://www.youtube.com/user/XellXenathos

11The Downsides of Technical Solutions Empty Re: The Downsides of Technical Solutions Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:33 am

EmfinnFZ

TheGreatHibiki wrote: HOLY CRAP. I've been apart of this forum for a year and a half.

LIEK WHEAR DID MAH YEAR GO~!?!?!?!?

Dude... you joined the forums exactly one day after I did... I don't remember the event, but that must've been a particularly good comic (Or sketchbook) week.

12The Downsides of Technical Solutions Empty Re: The Downsides of Technical Solutions Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:14 am

Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar

This strip made me feel a little sad for the girls, not being able to see anything of the outside except in minecraft-like pixilated form. Crying or Very sad

Something tells me this is where they will attempt to treat the girls' agoraphobia.

13The Downsides of Technical Solutions Empty Re: The Downsides of Technical Solutions Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:12 am

TheGreatHibiki

TheGreatHibiki

MInecraft.... dare I say it. IS AN IMPROVEMENT!

Because the snow is oh so pretty in it. Tee hee. I love you

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum