Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Target Endures!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Target Endures!! on Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:06 am

soooooo looks like when their weapons don't work the Eldaks are just big scaredy-cats, HA! lol!

View user profile

2 Re: Target Endures!! on Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:19 am

well of course! they're robots with no arms or legs, if their weapons didn't work, what would they do, bump into you? If Art WAS a threat, I think running away would be a good thing to do

View user profile

3 Re: Target Endures!! on Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:11 pm

Surely they have more than ONE weapon... Question

View user profile

4 Re: Target Endures!! on Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:09 pm

Oddly enough, the thought that jumped into my mind was: "Shouldn't have bought these death-rays as a cheap end-of-line lot from Wall-Mart." Razz

View user profile

5 Re: Target Endures!! on Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:04 pm

I really have no idea where mr jackson is going with this one

View user profile

6 Re: Target Endures!! on Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:16 am

Well, it's probably that the Eldak are OF technology, their weapons can destroy nothing BUT technology. It's like that episode of Futurama - "the human monster is immune to our strongest EMP fields, but dies from a simple sharp stick".

View user profile

7 Re: Target Endures!! on Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:50 am

They better not risk another frontal assault, that Art is dynamite!

View user profile

8 Re: Target Endures!! on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:12 am

Art is without a doubt, one of a kind. Laughing

View user profile

9 Re: Target Endures!! on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:55 am

Alien 1: It seems the earthlings won.

Alien 2: Did they? That board with a nail in it may have defeated us.
But the humans won't stop there. They'll make bigger boards
and bigger nails, and soon, they will make a board with a nail
so big, it will destroy them all!
[both aliens laugh evilly, for quite some time]


Now replace 'board with a nail in it' with Art. Then you get why I laugh so damn much.

View user profile

10 Re: Target Endures!! on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:40 pm

Srsly tho? I was like, whoah, these bot's are stupid. One shot won't always kill an opponent.

They're so stupid, it's funny.

View user profile

11 Re: Target Endures!! on Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:59 pm

artimies7 wrote:Srsly tho? I was like, whoah, these bot's are stupid. One shot won't always kill an opponent.

They're so stupid, it's funny.
I'd rather think naive than stupid. They seem very narrow minded and set in their ways. If anyone had a chance to kill Art it'd probably be Gary. Because Gary seems to be the odd one out. Those tend to be the scary brilliant ones. Hmmm Kinda like Scarlet.

View user profile

12 Re: Target Endures!! on Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:13 am

zombiepancakes wrote:well of course! they're robots with no arms or legs, if their weapons didn't work, what would they do, bump into you? If Art WAS a threat, I think running away would be a good thing to do

Bah, heck with that. Their weapons may have no affect on ART, but their are plenty of other targets in the room.

Which is why I always say, "When in doubt, take hostages!" Twisted Evil




...not that I've ever done that before. Suspect

View user profile

13 Re: Target Endures!! on Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:10 pm

KaZe wrote:Bah, heck with that. Their weapons may have no affect on ART, but their are plenty of other targets in the room.

but they said art is the only threat and they only want to exterminate him, if he's immune to their weapons, there's still no reason to hurt anyone else, but plenty of reason to run away from art because he is still a "threat"

View user profile

14 Re: Target Endures!! on Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:24 pm

zombiepancakes wrote:
but they said art is the only threat and they only want to exterminate him, if he's immune to their weapons, there's still no reason to hurt anyone else, but plenty of reason to run away from art because he is still a "threat"

Good villiany requires knowing how too leverage a situation back into your favor. If the hero is immune (temporarily in this case) too your attacks the logical course of action is to threaten his friends/loved ones in order to get him to back off. Taking hostages is SOP in these cases as it puts the ball back in the villains court. A true bad guy ALWAYS has a reason too hurt someone. pirat

View user profile

15 Re: Target Endures!! on Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:47 am

KaZe wrote:
zombiepancakes wrote:
but they said art is the only threat and they only want to exterminate him, if he's immune to their weapons, there's still no reason to hurt anyone else, but plenty of reason to run away from art because he is still a "threat"

Good villiany requires knowing how too leverage a situation back into your favor. If the hero is immune (temporarily in this case) too your attacks the logical course of action is to threaten his friends/loved ones in order to get him to back off. Taking hostages is SOP in these cases as it puts the ball back in the villains court. A true bad guy ALWAYS has a reason too hurt someone. pirat

But if all they could do is make Art thinner, then it's basically assumed that all biological lifesforms would be affected the same way. So all they could do to anyone is give them a makeshift lipo-suction.

View user profile

16 Re: Target Endures!! on Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:11 pm

KaZe wrote:Good villiany requires knowing how too leverage a situation back into your favor.

You're assuming the Eldak have read the Evil Overlord List. It is much more likely that they are super-Mooks with lots of firepower but little initiative and who regularly pop stupid pills.

View user profile

17 Re: Target Endures!! on Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:39 pm

This is inevitably going to end at Gary.

(Hahaha. Garyyy!)

View user profile

18 Re: Target Endures!! on Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:22 pm

Think of it this way:

There's an alien being who, according to prior knowledge, can kill anyone of your kind with a touch or even general proximity, and has been left standing from your primary weapon.

Then, factor in the possibility that, for all their tech and deadly posturing, that these aliens could very likely be terribly naïeve about other races.

So...I think they're perfectly justified in their freak out.

...Just wanted to give my two cents.

...Sorry.

View user profile

19 Re: Target Endures!! Today at 1:35 am

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum