Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.


You are not connected. Please login or register

AnthroCon was a BLAST!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 AnthroCon was a BLAST! on Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:57 pm

Such an awesome convention. I had to leave early, but the stuff I did get done was a ton of fun.

I met Immelmann of Concession and QuetzaDrake of Furthia High, even hung out with them at a restaurant during the Meetup. Sphix was with them as well, and he's hilarious, and really tall.

I met Max the Blackrabbit of Fur After Dark and got he and his pal to sign my sexy ZigZag T-shirt. Right across her breasts even @_@.

And would you believe it, I ALMOST caught up with Jay Naylor, but I had to leave before I could find him ;-;. Next year for the sure.

Miu couldn't make it due to doctor's orders, but his team set up a Laptop so we could talk to him over webcam for a bit.

There was a big My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Meetup which was full of awesome, some there were even over 50, and they got a ton of respect for it.

I even met another guy there who reads Sequential Art, and he was up to date. He was cool.

Though I'll tell you what takes the cake, being a straight guy at AnthroCon is a funny experience. Two guys have tried coming onto me, and a dealer tried selling me guy on guy novels because he called me out on my TTGL Drill and said, and I quote "Ah, looking at your drill, I assumed you were into manly combining."

Hardest I've laughed all weekend.

All in all, it was a great time. And the list gets shorter!

Artists Left to Meet Before I Die (In order of Difficulty)


Michael Vega (Miu)- Saw him on Laptop :0
Jay Naylor - Came close!
Tom Fischbach
Phillip M Jackson



View user profile

2 Re: AnthroCon was a BLAST! on Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:13 am

Did JollyJack do the "I can draw guud" face? Razz

View user profile

3 Re: AnthroCon was a BLAST! on Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:14 am

Dreadstunlock wrote:Did JollyJack do the "I can draw guud" face? :P

He.. wasn't there.

View user profile

4 Re: AnthroCon was a BLAST! on Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:58 am

It may be a good thing you didn't meet jay Naylor. He read Fountainhead recently (my favorite book) and its turned him into kinda a jerk (or so it sounds from his podcasts and what I gather from his blatant copy of fountainhead in Original Life)

View user profile

5 Re: AnthroCon was a BLAST! on Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:50 am

BeDaOrLiSeAr wrote:It may be a good thing you didn't meet jay Naylor. He read Fountainhead recently (my favorite book) and its turned him into kinda a jerk (or so it sounds from his podcasts and what I gather from his blatant copy of fountainhead in Original Life)

Eh, all I wanna do is shake the guy's hand, get an autograph, and say thanks for delivering my favorite webcomic character to date. Maybe tell him he's an inspiration to me as an artist..

View user profile

6 Re: AnthroCon was a BLAST! on Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:48 pm

Frist wrote:
Dreadstunlock wrote:Did JollyJack do the "I can draw guud" face? Razz

He.. wasn't there.

Oh shoot, I misread the part of which artists you wanted to meet ><

View user profile

7 Re: AnthroCon was a BLAST! on Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:46 pm

Frist wrote:
BeDaOrLiSeAr wrote:It may be a good thing you didn't meet jay Naylor. He read Fountainhead recently (my favorite book) and its turned him into kinda a jerk (or so it sounds from his podcasts and what I gather from his blatant copy of fountainhead in Original Life)

Eh, all I wanna do is shake the guy's hand, get an autograph, and say thanks for delivering my favorite webcomic character to date. Maybe tell him he's an inspiration to me as an artist..

True enough. I still really want to meet him, he was the inspiration and reason I started drawing

View user profile

8 Re: AnthroCon was a BLAST! on Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:01 am

Frist wrote:

... and say thanks for delivering my favorite webcomic character to date....

And who is that?
I don't know much of this "Jay Naylor" guy anyway, so.

View user profile http://nikolai-bartolf.deviantart.com/

9 Re: AnthroCon was a BLAST! on Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:44 am

Nikolai wrote:
Frist wrote:

... and say thanks for delivering my favorite webcomic character to date....

And who is that?
I don't know much of this "Jay Naylor" guy anyway, so.

Fisk Black from Better Days and Original life.

View user profile

10 Re: AnthroCon was a BLAST! on Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:21 pm

Frist wrote:
Fisk Black

He is my character, not just webcomics. He has his-ahem-faults, but he is still thoughtful smart and an overall bad*ss.

View user profile

11 Re: AnthroCon was a BLAST! Today at 8:40 pm

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum