Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This is my own Character Drawings

+35
seargeant_Moggy
WreckedRegent7
Youchip
regitsammo
artimies7
Dreadstunlock
Dreas_Dris
ugilick
Xenathos
Mindscrambler
CrazyPurpleBat
Damien Darkside
noctrnlcry
Mr.Green
swordfish
Haventownsend
CyberCorn Entropic
willdye
ShayuaHaise
BeDaOrLiSeAr
MicasR
Frist
Clockwork
Zumbo Prime
Triskelli
Blacklite
Paranoid
26_9
Retsof
Pietja
Smelge
cenaris
Biocat
stephanodude
Nikolai
39 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 27]

501This is my own Character Drawings - Page 21 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:39 pm

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

Was this done with a tablet or pen? If tablet, was it GIMP, or some other program?

502This is my own Character Drawings - Page 21 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:23 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai

Nope, Just Pen And Paper. Very Happy

The Colored one Below, Was done with Just a mouse on GIMP.......Took me all day. Started at 11:00 Am, Finished it at 9:00 Pm
(Background Took the longest..)

This is my own Character Drawings - Page 21 Sam-ip11

http://nikolai-bartolf.deviantart.com/

503This is my own Character Drawings - Page 21 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:51 pm

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

Nikolai wrote:Nope, Just Pen And Paper. Very Happy

The Colored one Below, Was done with Just a mouse on GIMP.......Took me all day. Started at 11:00 Am, Finished it at 9:00 Pm
(Background Took the longest..)

Awesome! The lines make me really jealous that you can do that with a pen. Do you mess up a line often and have to restart?

504This is my own Character Drawings - Page 21 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:49 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai

BeDaOrLiSeAr wrote: Do you mess up a line often and have to restart?
Not exactly. I DID have to redraw this once, just to make it look finer.
The one before had thin lines and thick lines in bad places. So I had to redraw this.

505This is my own Character Drawings - Page 21 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:00 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai

(Note: Not Done)
Though the Line art itself is done, i still need to ink in the shades, and i would like to also do a colored one.
This is a straight up Scan of it. Not Edited at all. I just wanted to show the person I was drawing, it.

This is a friend of mine that lives in England, Her name is Elena. :3

This is my own Character Drawings - Page 21 Elena11

506This is my own Character Drawings - Page 21 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:52 am

Xenathos

Xenathos

If it wasn't for the curves I'd hear L talking in my head. *Deathnote fan XD *

https://www.youtube.com/user/XellXenathos

507This is my own Character Drawings - Page 21 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:41 am

Nikolai

Nikolai

Xenathos wrote:If it wasn't for the curves I'd hear L talking in my head. *Deathnote fan XD *

lol, nha. She has black hair

508This is my own Character Drawings - Page 21 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:55 am

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

Xenathos wrote:If it wasn't for the curves I'd hear L talking in my head. *Deathnote fan XD *

But she's standing up!

509This is my own Character Drawings - Page 21 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:17 pm

Dreadstunlock

Seriously, covering up the eyes, really lowers your skill as an artist, not only it looks boring, it's very emo. Look at JollyJack's, almost none of his characters have that.

510This is my own Character Drawings - Page 21 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:20 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai

Dreadstunlock wrote:Seriously, covering up the eyes, really lowers your skill as an artist, not only it looks boring, it's very emo. Look at JollyJack's, almost none of his characters have that.

Thats cus she is Emo. I have never seen her Eyes. I talk to her on skype, and she always has her hair all...Like that of the drawing's.

Oh, and Thanks for assuming that. And just going ahead and Insulting me.

You know what happens when you Assume...

And I don't think its Boring, The Hair gives it character.

511This is my own Character Drawings - Page 21 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:29 pm

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

Nikolai wrote:
Dreadstunlock wrote:Seriously, covering up the eyes, really lowers your skill as an artist, not only it looks boring, it's very emo. Look at JollyJack's, almost none of his characters have that.

Thats cus she is Emo. I have never seen her Eyes. I talk to her on skype, and she always has her hair all...Like that of the drawing's.

Oh, and Thanks for assuming that. And just going ahead and Insulting me.

You know what happens when you Assume...

And I don't think its Boring, The Hair gives it character.

Where's the insult?

512This is my own Character Drawings - Page 21 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:58 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai

BeDaOrLiSeAr wrote:
Dreadstunlock wrote: really lowers your skill as an artist, not only it looks boring, it's very emo.

Where's the insult?

Riiiiight ... There.

513This is my own Character Drawings - Page 21 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:22 am

Dreadstunlock

If you can't take criticizm, then I don't think this career is for you, because there is nothing worse than when a client comes face to face with you, and says your piece of work is shit, and then the hired person bursts into tears and wants pitty sex afterwards.

In my opinion, open up her eyes, it will:

A) Give you a bit more practice of how to draw eyes.

B) It will make your character more interesting, and from her personality of how much you know about her, draw her eyes based on that.

P.S: My bet is that you think she is emo, because of her looks.

P.S.S: That's a very heavy girl deal breaker.

514This is my own Character Drawings - Page 21 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:32 am

artimies7

artimies7

Sorry, but I have to jet in here just as a Hatenian.

If you want her hair over her eyes, then draw the eyes over the hair in a shade of gray/transparent, so it looks like the hair is only sort of covering the eyes. [I mean, it's hair, right? Not totally a solid conglomerate.]

If you need an example, then ask or something.

515This is my own Character Drawings - Page 21 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:02 am

Frist

Frist

Dreadstunlock wrote:If you can't take criticizm, then I don't think this career is for you, because there is nothing worse than when a client comes face to face with you, and says your piece of work is shit, and then the hired person bursts into tears and wants pitty sex afterwards.

In my opinion, open up her eyes, it will:

A) Give you a bit more practice of how to draw eyes.

B) It will make your character more interesting, and from her personality of how much you know about her, draw her eyes based on that.

P.S: My bet is that you think she is emo, because of her looks.

P.S.S: That's a very heavy girl deal breaker.

Hold on guy, consider that the hair could be covering the eyes as a stylistic choice?

Maybe it's not so much laziness as it is adding a sense of mystery or anonymity to the character portrayed? I mean just look at some of his earlier pieces, clearly he knows how to draw eyes well enough, not to say we can't all use more practice.

In my opinion, it's not boring by any means, one of my main OC's has the same thing going on. I think it adds character and keeps the viewer guessing to a degree.

Would you call fully-obscuring shades/eye accessories boring? More or less the same fundamentals.

And if you're looking to compare to JJ, he's done this before.

This is my own Character Drawings - Page 21 Five_items_or_less_by_jollyjack-d373twy

516This is my own Character Drawings - Page 21 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:11 am

Dreadstunlock

Point taken with the 5 items or less, but I saw ridicilous amounts of drawings by JJ, and he is superior to all of us, and 99% of his characters have their eyes open in some form, whereas Nikolai didn't really have a lot of artwork where his artwork portrays how good he is with that.

Also, I think it's bad practice, same way I used to draw characters with their feet and/or hands not showing. In the end it would hurt me a lot.

In any case of my opinion, I would rather draw eyes over the hair still, would make it more interesting. But for now I state my comment that amateurs such as me INCLUDED, shouldn't draw characters with hidden features. And I do include myself.

517This is my own Character Drawings - Page 21 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:13 am

Frist

Frist

^Fair Enough.

518This is my own Character Drawings - Page 21 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:42 am

Nikolai

Nikolai

Frist wrote:I think it adds character and keeps the viewer guessing to a degree.

Thank You

----

And at other guy, Just for you, I will add eyes. (try to)

I will try doing what Artimies suggested.

519This is my own Character Drawings - Page 21 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:48 am

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

Frist wrote:^Fair Enough.

What he said.

520This is my own Character Drawings - Page 21 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:29 pm

artimies7

artimies7

Nikolai wrote:I will try doing what Artimies suggested.

Seriously? I mean, really?
Thank you!
Hardly anyone ever takes my suggestions into account, even though popular creators did it first.

Teach them right, eh?

521This is my own Character Drawings - Page 21 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:43 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai

Well, I'll be honest, I tried to make the Faded Eye behind her hair, but I could not get a good eye to go with her look. So, solution? Duh, No eyes. Sorry, Nuh'uh, Nope.

This is my own Character Drawings - Page 21 E11

HOWEVER!
I made up for the Lack if eyes in that Drawing in this drawing. It was for an Art Trade.
This is a friend's OC/Avatar. No real name, as far as I know. I just use my friends Abbreviated name, 'Val'.
I spent like 5 min. on the right eye, and then another 5 min copying it for the left eye.
I started with the eyes,, nothing else. not even a pose. xD

This is my own Character Drawings - Page 21 Scanne10

Below is the Reference she Drew for me.

This is my own Character Drawings - Page 21 Refere11

522This is my own Character Drawings - Page 21 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:53 am

Dreadstunlock

That moustache is creepy >.>

523This is my own Character Drawings - Page 21 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:15 am

regitsammo

regitsammo

Nikolai wrote:I Figured I Should Show My Original Style...Before I Started Emulating JollyJack's Style.
Just a random...sexyish...girl. lol
This is my own Character Drawings - Page 21 Post10

i like this ^^, she have a huuuuuuge ... eyes Very Happy

524This is my own Character Drawings - Page 21 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:17 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai

Just Some Stuff drawn In (Top), and For school(Bottom).
Call her, Cosmos Girl. Don't ask about the Halo.
This is my own Character Drawings - Page 21 Cosmos11
http://nikolai-bartolf.deviantart.com/#/d48o48f

Just some Vocab...
This is my own Character Drawings - Page 21 Cupidi11
http://nikolai-bartolf.deviantart.com/#/d48o50l

525This is my own Character Drawings - Page 21 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:27 pm

artimies7

artimies7

If you want, I can draw a bit of an example of the eyes-under-hair thing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum