Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hillery's Sun Lamps.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hillery's Sun Lamps. Empty Hillery's Sun Lamps. Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:13 am

SPRoss

SPRoss

Somehow, I suspect Kat would be OK with switching Hillery's Tanning Lamps over to the Minion Reactor... Twisted Evil
Hillery's Sun Lamps. Sa_12010

Sauerpuss and tarmaque like this post

2Hillery's Sun Lamps. Empty Re: Hillery's Sun Lamps. Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:39 pm

Sauerpuss

Sauerpuss

SPRoss wrote:Somehow, I suspect Kat would be OK with switching Hillery's Tanning Lamps over to the Minion Reactor... Twisted Evil

That's just what *I* was going to suggest!  Twisted Evil

tarmaque likes this post

http://sauerpuss.anobviousdistraction.com/

3Hillery's Sun Lamps. Empty Re: Hillery's Sun Lamps. Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:31 pm

tarmaque

tarmaque

Sauerpuss wrote:
SPRoss wrote:Somehow, I suspect Kat would be OK with switching Hillery's Tanning Lamps over to the Minion Reactor... Twisted Evil

Do you two know what roasting rabbit smells like?

...because I do.

Bring on the Denizen power source!

4Hillery's Sun Lamps. Empty Re: Hillery's Sun Lamps. Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:28 pm

Sauerpuss

Sauerpuss

tarmaque wrote:
Sauerpuss wrote:

Do you two know what roasting rabbit smells like?

Being a vegetarian... the answer is no.  Laughing Although I live in Australia, so every summer I'm probably smelling roasting rabbits.

I'm not sure that the denizen's power supply increases output.  If it did then the bulb Scarlet was holding probably would have popped.  All we know is that it creates a "weird" effect.  Maybe it would turn Hilary into some kind of mutant... or rather some different kind of mutant. Very Happy

tarmaque likes this post

5Hillery's Sun Lamps. Empty Re: Hillery's Sun Lamps. Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:09 pm

tarmaque

tarmaque

Sauerpuss wrote: Although I live in Australia, so every summer I'm probably smelling roasting rabbits.

Do you live in a wildfire prone zone? Then it would probably be hard to discern the difference between roasting rabbit, roo, and Koala.

I just read today how Koalas are now endangered, primarily due to habitat loss caused by wildfires. That's a crying shame. Nobody would miss the dropbears, but Koalas are emblematic of Australia. (I have friends in Melbourne, Gympie, Port Macquarie, and a few other odd places. Don't think I know anyone who lives in Sydney though. I was part of a worldwide Triumph motorcycle group for a long time. I wish this pandemic would end so I could come visit.)

6Hillery's Sun Lamps. Empty Re: Hillery's Sun Lamps. Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:57 pm

Sauerpuss

Sauerpuss

tarmaque wrote:
Sauerpuss wrote: Although I live in Australia, so every summer I'm probably smelling roasting rabbits.

Do you live in a wildfire prone zone?  Then it would probably be hard to discern the difference between roasting rabbit, roo, and Koala.

I just read today how Koalas are now endangered, primarily due to habitat loss caused by wildfires. That's a crying shame.  Nobody would miss the dropbears, but Koalas are emblematic of Australia.  (I have friends in Melbourne, Gympie, Port Macquarie, and a few other odd places.  Don't think I know anyone who lives in Sydney though. I was part of a worldwide Triumph motorcycle group for a long time.  I wish this pandemic would end so I could come visit.)
I live in the middle of suburbia where the nearest koalas and kangaroos are at Taronga Zoo.  The rabbits here are feral, and are sighted sporadically, most often when I'm on the train.

"Dropbears" is an Aussie meme; they're not really like that.  It's a long-running joke some Aussies play on visitors to Australia.
https://youtu.be/KCGUNpzjD6M

I did volunteer work at a wildlife sanctuary about 15 years ago, but it was for kangaroos, wallabies and their smaller cousins.  Koalas I don't know very much about.  I've had a quick look and they're listed as "Vulnerable" on the conservation scale, and that their numbers have been decreasing due to habitat loss through agriculture and suburban sprawl, which in this country doesn't surprise me. Crying or Very sad

tarmaque likes this post

7Hillery's Sun Lamps. Empty Re: Hillery's Sun Lamps. Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:35 pm

tarmaque

tarmaque

Sauerpuss wrote:
I live in the middle of suburbia where the nearest koalas and kangaroos are at Taronga Zoo.  The rabbits here are feral, and are sighted sporadically, most often when I'm on the train.

Where I live just north of Portland Oregon cottontail rabbits are native.  I live in suburbia too, and I often see them running in and out of the bushes around the homes here.  However their population doesn't explode because we also have a pretty healthy population of coyotes.  And raccoons, although I don't know if the raccoons prey on the rabbits much.  If you get very far out of the suburbs and into the mountains there are cougar (Or mountain lion. Sometimes puma.  All the same thing, but unrelated to actual lions.) and bobcats.  Not to mention red-tail hawks, osprey, and bald eagles, and any number of larger owl species.  All will take rabbits.

Sauerpuss wrote:
"Dropbears" is an Aussie meme; they're not really like that.  It's a long-running joke some Aussies play on visitors to Australia.
https://youtu.be/KCGUNpzjD6M
Hahahaha!  Yeah, I'm well aware of that, and figured you'd know I was in on the joke.

One of my friends is a passenger train engineer based in Port Macquarie. Or maybe Newcastle. One or the other.

8Hillery's Sun Lamps. Empty Re: Hillery's Sun Lamps. Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:47 am

Leak

Leak

"Sun Lamps"? Is that what we're calling Hillary's headlights now? Very Happy

9Hillery's Sun Lamps. Empty Re: Hillery's Sun Lamps. Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:28 pm

CyberCorn Entropic

CyberCorn Entropic

The Denizens should have long since finished rebuilding Hilary's house by now. Likely, the only reasons she hasn't moved out is Pip's reluctance to see her go and Hilary's desire to make Our Heroes (and Pip) miserable with any local pandemic restrictions being used as a thinly-veiled excuse.

She's not going to be willing to cut back on the sun lamps, pay her share of expenses, or help in some other way. In fact, she now has plenty of blackmail material to extort Art and Co. as she's seen the weird things that go on downstairs. It wouldn't be out of character for her to spitefully report what she's seen (carefully edited so she doesn't seem a loon, of course) in order to cause more trouble. What they need to do is drive home the point that Hilary needs to keep quiet. It seems to me SPRoss' suggestion of hooking up her sun lamps to the Denizen reactor would be a good first step. Just imagine what the Denizens could do to her if she endangered the safety of their home and allies...

http://www.freewebs.com/roadstripe/index.htm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum