Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Scheme Unveiled!

+12
Koronus
Zero the Dragon King
DarkAngel
Conchobhar
jollyjack
Jinxed
vevans0009
Frist
Moonman
SPRoss
wolfman-al
BenRG
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26The Scheme Unveiled! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Scheme Unveiled! Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:44 pm

Zero the Dragon King

The sad part is she's kinda right, but she's undermining herself by not picking her battles wisely.

27The Scheme Unveiled! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Scheme Unveiled! Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:30 pm

SPRoss

SPRoss

I think I see why they ended up burying it.

I wouldn't want to be with it once that kicked off.

Hopefully Rebecca isn't still in touch with those girls.

28The Scheme Unveiled! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Scheme Unveiled! Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:09 am

Koronus

The irony is, I became misogynic because of crazy chicks like that. So Nop in my opinion she is not right because this prank whas born in the fire of hate and surpresion and of they would treat people better, they would not have to face pranks like this.

29The Scheme Unveiled! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Scheme Unveiled! Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:58 am

Leak

Leak

Waitaminute - who let Rebecca Watson into the strip?

30The Scheme Unveiled! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Scheme Unveiled! Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:06 am

CyberCorn Entropic

CyberCorn Entropic

Never trust an activist. Their cause has no greater enemy.

At least the other young woman seems to be relatively sane, so far.

http://www.freewebs.com/roadstripe/index.htm

31The Scheme Unveiled! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Scheme Unveiled! Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:42 pm

BenRG

BenRG

To such a mind, everything is an attack on them, even if it only done unconsciously.

32The Scheme Unveiled! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Scheme Unveiled! Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:19 pm

Koronus

And with the actual Strip we knew know, why they buried it.

33The Scheme Unveiled! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Scheme Unveiled! Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:24 pm

Silvador

The perfect example of idiots interpreting something incorrectly and blowing it out of proportion.

LOOK! A religion has just been formed!

34The Scheme Unveiled! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Scheme Unveiled! Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:15 am

CyberCorn Entropic

CyberCorn Entropic

The Scheme Unveiled! - Page 2 SA_1017_small
Art's fear is justified. This is a big reason why you don't trust an activist, especially one still in college. Lots of grand ideas, lots of fire and passion, lots of desire to be a hero and a mover and shaker in the cause, but saddled with a poor sense of perspective, an unwillingness to admit mistakes, a lack of common sense, and an incomplete idea of what the cause is really about.

35The Scheme Unveiled! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Scheme Unveiled! Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:34 am

Liam

Liam

Man, activists are just the worst.

Besides ending the Vietnam war, calling for greater police transparency, achieving equal legal treatment of minorities, women suffrage and the establishment of the modern democratic state, what have activists ever done for us?

36The Scheme Unveiled! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Scheme Unveiled! Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:40 pm

Leak

Leak

Welp. That sure escalated quickly...

37The Scheme Unveiled! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Scheme Unveiled! Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:55 am

Silvador

The Scheme Unveiled! - Page 2 SA_1018_small

Hell hath no furry like a group of female, 1980's college students that feel slighted.

38The Scheme Unveiled! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Scheme Unveiled! Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:09 am

Leak

Leak

Silvador wrote:The Scheme Unveiled! - Page 2 SA_1018_small

Hell hath no furry like a group of female, 1980's college students that feel slighted.

Welp, that escalation sure escalated quickly...

39The Scheme Unveiled! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Scheme Unveiled! Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:37 am

vevans0009

vevans0009

Hope the glasses bitch get pepper sprayed into oblivion. >Cool

40The Scheme Unveiled! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Scheme Unveiled! Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:32 am

Koronus

Me too. Oh and Silvador that plays in 1990s because Sonic is from 1991.

41The Scheme Unveiled! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Scheme Unveiled! Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:17 am

CyberCorn Entropic

CyberCorn Entropic

Liam wrote:Besides ending the Vietnam war, calling for greater police transparency, achieving equal legal treatment of minorities, women suffrage and the establishment of the modern democratic state, what have activists ever done for us?
Oh, activists have done quite a bit of good for the world, I agree. Unfortunately, they've also done a lot of bad when they get so focused on how they think the world should work that they lose focus of the big picture.

Activists work best as underdogs. Give them any sort of power, and they risk becoming the oppressors themselves. (Ecoterrorists and Oliver Cromwell immediately spring to mind.)

42The Scheme Unveiled! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Scheme Unveiled! Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:28 am

Silvador

Koronus wrote:Me too. Oh and Silvador that plays in 1990s because Sonic is from 1991.

Honestly, I wasn't too sure if it was 80's or 90's. I was going mostly off Pip's Indiana Jones outfit, and those movies were all* out in the 80's. I entirely forgot about the mention of Sonic. Plus, I don't exactly have a vivid memory of the time I was six years old, nor am I the "hardcore gaming fan" type to know the specific history of every game, console and electronic device conceived, invented and sold since Pong was played on a science machine.

That being said, people were pretty "loud" in the 80's, particularly about their opinions of things, so my statement pretty much remains valid, I think, even if it's inaccurate to the intended timeline of the specific comic strip. Plus, if it's meant to be the early 90's, there's a good chance much of the 80's mentality would've washed over into the 90's. I rather doubt people change how they think the moment one decade ends and the next begins.

*excluding Crystal Skull, obviously.

43The Scheme Unveiled! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Scheme Unveiled! Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:24 am

vevans0009

vevans0009

I wonder how long things will subside after Pip and Art buried that stupid object?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum