Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

how do i shot art?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1how do i shot art? Empty how do i shot art? Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:46 pm

crazyjc15

crazyjc15

confused OK so i can draw pretty good.... sorta..... pale but it always seems that when my idea goes from my head to the paper it looks so crappy, almost as if it isn't even my original idea. is this just a mental thing like artists self consciousness? was wondering if any other artists out there feel the same way about there work.

and on i side note i was wondering if anyone out there has any tips on good techniques and stuffs. always looking for advice. (is a perfectionist) Very Happy

2how do i shot art? Empty Re: how do i shot art? Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:40 pm

cenaris

cenaris

I can really only tell you to practise a lot. And look at art you like; everyone has source material.

For confidence thing, if you keep drawing, what goes down will eventually look better. Doing it on a tablet saves a lot of paper in the process Smile

3how do i shot art? Empty Re: how do i shot art? Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:46 am

CyberCorn Entropic

CyberCorn Entropic

Some bits of advice:

Mirroring Cenaris: How do you get to Carnegie Hall? Practice, practice, practice. The niftiest techniques and wonderful skills can't develop unless they're used often.

Concerning perfectionism: There is a point when continuing to work on a piece of art will just make things worse. One thing an artist must learn is knowing when to stop working on a piece of art and go on to the next thing, be it another bit of art, the next stage in the art they're working on already, or to start over from scratch if the art just isn't working.

Also concerning perfectionism: Never throw away or be ashamed of your older work. Granted, it will not compare well with what you can do now, but for the time, it was your best work.

http://www.freewebs.com/roadstripe/index.htm

4how do i shot art? Empty Re: how do i shot art? Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:01 am

Sketchtastic

Sketchtastic

well lets see. Cyber and CenCen put it well. Practice.

here's a fun note: NO artist thinks that their work is perfect. Ever. I bet even the best of us are hating that last gig where we drew that last line too thick.

Se la.

My personal recommendation is buy yourself a decent sketchpad (not your artstore pencils only variety) think like the ones you would write a journal in with no lines...and a ballpoint pen or two. Rough sketching for several hours in a week is a great way to test things out. The reason why I recommend a ballpoint is that you can get some great textures off of those that are nearly identical to pencils; and no smudging or erasing. Its multipurpose.

If you don't want a sketchbook get a few sheets of printer paper together (believe me a single piece alone makes textures come out so differently)

I'm off now! Who thinks I should repost my thread?

5how do i shot art? Empty Re: how do i shot art? Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:02 pm

crazyjc15

crazyjc15

thanks for the tips guys how do i shot art? Icon_biggrin

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum