Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Introduce Yourself!

+145
bobcat_ronron
Two-Ton-Neko
rabbitmaskedman
indrejue
Nate_the_Great
Avankiri
cytos
cirby
BadShot
arthurnonimus
Raptor jesus
Zidneya
SPRoss
Nahaara
NightDelSolEXE7
desii3d
Conchobhar
Cayenne
slothking
Chorizowagon
kieno
campfirestring
FaanVolla
Dragonwolf
Contrast
pablowapsi
Biohazyrd
waffllecat
Hells-Reaver
Bunyip
chiefdog
Auroralikethesunrise
Doctursea
TaoOfMike
Tzmhero
Riikano-Alinaris
MyExodus
MadDragon
Ghostwolf
RennisTora
Cutter
WreckedRegent7
Dark_Avenger
Darth Bothersome
Arion
CrimsonZeke
Mikanada
Brecket
QazRa
vevans0009
SquirrelDash
artimies7
Night_Fox
Dreadstunlock
Dreas_Dris
bigro
templargm
xj2379
Teh Clok
Hayley
3D Ninja
Freehander
jdannels
Whisper
Veronox
The Mighty Monkey
Grandia
Kyderra
TheGreatHibiki
Brikien93
Worgendonor
Felonious Exalt
yellowrock
Nitrosparxx
Xan
VoxDraconae
sneakerfox
Latrans
Mr.Green
Youchip
Sauerpuss
SuperEngie
Haventownsend
dog3oy
Damien Darkside
tigerfan51087
SCKnight14
BeDaOrLiSeAr
ShayuaHaise
Ciaran Nihill
MicasR
billy-bob
Inakan
jinmartt
sparky101
Zumbo Prime
Clockwork
not_cenaris
JimmyDimples
Leak
jollyjack
p1x13st1ck
Aimereta
Nikolai
Clutchbone
Old Scratch
the good samaritan
blind_dead_mcjones
Frist
servomoore
Theo
Twitch
cammyjag
patanu102
Dude523
Tom
GoldenDragon
Maple_Fish
Zaran
Liam
cenaris
Pietja
Rad
stephanodude
Retsof
Trevon Fox
CalDayton
mariachidevil
Forthwol
MadxHatter123
Ellis
26_9
NINJA!
Lazarus Firenze
dready
hiddenflame
TheJim
Biocat
Xenathos
The Doctor
Paranoid
Smelge
xivk
Concrete
xombie
149 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 11]

226Introduce Yourself! - Page 10 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:48 pm

cenaris

cenaris

Which reminds me. I havn't checked Wapsi Square yet today.

227Introduce Yourself! - Page 10 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:30 am

Contrast

Contrast

Hello everyone!
My name is Contrast and I'm a South African novelist. I don't mean I write as a hobby, it's my actual profession. My first book is coming out in America next year. Very Happy But don't worry, I'm not gonna use this forum to promote my book (not unless somebody asks me about it;)). The reason it's getting published in America is because all the local publishers down here claimed my work is good, but "just not South African enough." Rolling Eyes
Anyway, I was introduced to Sequential Art by a friend of mine, and I read through all of them in just a few days. Personally, I believe that the mark of a really fine story is when you can honestly say that you like each and every character, and I just love these! (Especially Scarlet)
That's about it from me. I'm looking forward to contributing to the forum. Smile

Last edited by Contrast on Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed my name.)

228Introduce Yourself! - Page 10 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:04 pm

Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf

Heya guys.
The names Dragonwolf, but you can just call me DW. I have been reading Sequential arts for a few years now and finally decided to make myself a registered user here. All thanks to a specific bat, just up above.

Um... I'm not really sure what else to place here... But I can definitely say that I love all the characters in the comic and can't waits for the huge plot to finally develop.

229Introduce Yourself! - Page 10 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:06 pm

Contrast

Contrast

Ha! The South Africans are invading! Twisted Evil

230Introduce Yourself! - Page 10 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:40 pm

FaanVolla

FaanVolla

Hi there!
I'm Faanvolla (don't ask how to pronounce, just call me Faan Razz)
I'm South African as well, and joined as before mentioned because of a certain bat, and I started reading Sequential Art 'Cause of a certain Dragonwolf...

Anyways, I love the comic and can't wait for the next update Very Happy

231Introduce Yourself! - Page 10 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:01 pm

campfirestring

campfirestring

what the heck, right?

How you chose your name: It's reminiscent of goodtimes around a campfire playing song with friends. a personal favorite.

Where you're from: It's easy enough to tell on the internet. I'm from America, the state of Virginia.

What you're studying: I'm studying music in college

Hobbies.... i've got singing, guitar, banjo, bass, drum machine, any musical instrument i can get my hands on, drawing, learning, fixing my car ('81 280zx), recording music, writing music, making things, caring for a python, scorpion, scorpion food, growing plants, researching wildlife, archery, rifle-shooting, deer hunting, fishing, survival, cooking, praying, theology, philosophy, foreign languages, martial arts, dance, movies, writing poetry, short stories, ahhhh the list will go on and on and on. I feel as though a new item gets added to the list every week and sometimes more frequently. I get on a "kick" that could be long term, short term, or permanent, and is totally random, but during the time I am on a kick, I will research the everliving crap out of it... I'm actually rehabilitating a 5-week-old grey squirrel right now. He's eating a TON of formula, and I successfully killed the maggots that I found in his fur when I discovered him, so I suppose that's good!

How you found the site/forums: I found JJ through an anthro cartooning kick I was on for a while, and still sort of am. probably searched "squirrel-girl" or something haha!

Random thing about yourself: I freaking love smells... or hate them. I've got a hyper-sensitive nose i guess... lol

232Introduce Yourself! - Page 10 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:50 pm

kieno

kieno

I'm tempted to quote something significant someone else said once, but nothing comes to mind.

I'm Kieno by the way; don't worry ma'am, I'm from the internet.

233Introduce Yourself! - Page 10 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:17 am

Chorizowagon

Chorizowagon

Aloha, I'm Chorizowagon (or Sausage Truck, CW, Spamvan etc) I hail from B3ta and real life.

I didn't even realise the last forum was history... just goes to show what a rubbish internet friend I am Wink

Hello to all the lovely forum folks!

234Introduce Yourself! - Page 10 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:42 pm

slothking

slothking

Hello. My name is Alexander. Or Alex for short.
I'm going to try drawing cartoons for a living, but it can wait.
Nice to meet you all!

235Introduce Yourself! - Page 10 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:04 am

Cayenne

Cayenne

Hmmm, why not. Not too sure about joining here, but I like the comic, and I see some decent people, so I'll give it a shot.

Name's Marly, Matilda, King...whatever you wanna call me, really. I'm down with most names as long as I know you mean me when you use 'em.

Uhhhh I'm something of an artist. And that's about it. I don't really have much going for me other than that, haha.

Favourite games: New Vegas, Ganbare Goemon/Mystical Ninja, Pokemon, Style Savvy (haters to the left)

236Introduce Yourself! - Page 10 Empty Hello everyone Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:35 pm

Conchobhar

Conchobhar

I'm here because I like PMJ's artwork.

I chose this name because according to a relative it is the old gaelic spelling of my real name which is Connor.

I like drawing, music, programming, and going sailing.

I live in Albuquerque.

And this post is quickly becoming a list of facts which is boring here's a thing I drew!
Introduce Yourself! - Page 10 Free_Kitty_Avatar_by_Onronc
My name on DeviantArt is Connorses.

http://www.jellyboygame.com

237Introduce Yourself! - Page 10 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:19 pm

desii3d

desii3d

How you chose your name : simple, my initials with 3D behind

Where you're from : South Carolina origionaly, but as a millitary brat have been to each of the continents except Antartica (a goal to get there not looking good now) settled down in Central Mississippi.

What you're studying/hobbies: I quit studying YEARS ago. Hobbies are model trains (N Scale) and 3D art, would like to get into animation, but not going to happen on this little netbook!!

How you found the site/forums: stumbleupon.com listed a SA strip during one of my late night stumbles and I ended up going back to strip one and reading the whole thing.

btw: my avatar pic was rendered on this little netbook, (1 Gram, 60Ghd, 1.6Ghz Atom and Win7Starter), pic is 635X576, took 5 mins to render and about 20 min to clean up some harsh shadows in photoshop.

Last edited by desii3d on Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added shameless blurb about avatar)

238Introduce Yourself! - Page 10 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:45 pm

NightDelSolEXE7

Hello, my name's Ryan but most people call me night. Embarrassingly, I had registered for the forum before, but left way back in 2009..
I'm a graphics designer, well, I'm a lot of things, but yeah.
I'm a bit shy and a bit of a computer guy. I prefer Halo 4 over CoD!

239Introduce Yourself! - Page 10 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:46 am

Nahaara

How you chose your name: It's the former name of my FF14 character
Where you're from: Canada
What you're studying/hobbies: Pre-trades in college, video games, cars, that sort of thing
How you found the site/forums: Always read up on spider and scorpion when I can, decided to make a forum account.

240Introduce Yourself! - Page 10 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:10 pm

SPRoss

SPRoss

How you chose your name? I choose based on my ability to remember it.

Where you're from? Vernon, Ontario, CANADA.

What you're studying/hobbies? See below.

How you found the site/forums? Was introduced to the Web Comic in collage.

Hi, my name is Steven Ross, I'm 40 something, was born in Ottawa, but live in Vernon, Ontario, CANADA; I've been working as a casual Maintaince Helper for the City of Ottawa for about a while now. I am currently taking night classes at Algonquin Collage in the Library & Information Technician program and hope to getting my collage diploma. I've been roleplaying since 1985/6 or roughly.

I'm an avid reader of fantasy, science fiction, and have more recently taken an interest in anime, manga, historical works, comic books and non-fiction, have a fascination with various aspects of science, am a Half-hearted music fan (Jethro Tull, Renaissance, and assorted others). In high school I tried my hand at doing short fiction in an attempt to improve my cursive writing skills, but give it up about 30 years ago. I've also sketched off and on (more off then on) over the years.

241Introduce Yourself! - Page 10 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:00 pm

Zidneya

Zidneya

I had to introduce myself?, and I'm learning this now?, and there are questions?, and the..... Oh I get thats all, anyway.

Lets see give me a couple of minutes so I can overcome the embarrassment that I am feeling right now.

http://zidneya.deviantart.com

242Introduce Yourself! - Page 10 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:19 pm

Zidneya

Zidneya

Okay lets answer the quiz

How you chose your name:
Oh that It's a name that I invented when I was a child, an actually Zid ain't the whole name I shortened the full name is Zidneya

Where you're from
México Distrito Federal(Mexico City)

What you're studying/hobbies
I studied Graphic Design, my hobbies are:Comics, Webcomics (I guess you should had noticed that by now) Anime, Manga, Sci-fi, Sex(but of course who don't like that)

How you found the site/forums
I was curious about those characters that jollyjack put on his Deviantart web beacuse he just keep posting and posting images of them so I researched and I got to the collectedcurios page,and from there to here and that's it

And whatever else!:
Mmmm..... mmmm... (Okay I got nothing so I'm just gonna write whatever come to my mind). I'm crazy, defender of the imagination and animal rights, ones(those who I like) would say extroverted, others(those who I don't like or who I spend little time) would say introverted. English is my second language and it's not like I use it in Mexico very much so for further notice any spelling or grammar mistake I apologize. I sing bad, I dance worst, I talk alone(what part of crazy you don't understand) and that's all I can think of so bye

http://zidneya.deviantart.com

243Introduce Yourself! - Page 10 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:42 am

Xenathos

Xenathos

4 days short of a year not being online here.

Read back a whole load of posts in this topic Razz

https://www.youtube.com/user/XellXenathos

244Introduce Yourself! - Page 10 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:04 pm

Raptor jesus

Raptor jesus

How you chose your name:
Bowen means son of Owen my fav book has a Knight named Bowen

Where you're from:
Canada

What you're studying/hobbies
computer repair, biking.

How you found the site/forums
I went looking for webcomics Razz

And whatever else!:
I am defined as crazy by family and friends alike, I like to go for long walks in the winter.....And nothing else comes to mind right now Razz Very Happy

Last edited by Raptor jesus on Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total

245Introduce Yourself! - Page 10 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:44 pm

arthurnonimus

Intros are in order I guess.

As per the Classic formula -

How you chose your name:
I always loved the poem Footprints, which was attributed to 'Anonymous'. When I finally tracked the author down it seemed to lose something as if being written by a mere mortal somehow made it less special. I have always want to publish some of my stories so I chose Arthur Edward Nonimus as my pen name in honour of the mystery that so enchanted me.

Where you're from:
Australia

What are you studying / hobbies:
Currently I'm studying Diploma of Hydrography. My hobbies are many but I enjoy working on the light and sound of my local Theater.

How you found the site / forum:
By accident really. I am not into comics as a rule so I was not looking for anything like this. I was trying to find the operators of the app BitStrips but I could not remember the name. I was trying everything I could think of with no luck. One of my searches was for web comics and SA was near the top of the list. Curious at the title I looked at a few strips and feel in love with it. The art style, Kat; Art and Pip, the humour - everything.

And whatever else!:
Nothing much I'm afraid.

Intro's done - See ya later!  Very Happy

246Introduce Yourself! - Page 10 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:03 pm

BadShot

BadShot

*casually walks in with a chainsaw*

Hello there, never mind this thing, I use it for ritual purposes. *chucks in random direction*

Anyway, names BadShot, the story of me adopting this name is a long one, and rather not talk about.
I am from the glorious US of A, Indiana to be more precise.
As for studies, I am in an Animation class so that counts right? And Hobbies are MLP and gaming (call me a casual and I will rip you to shreds faster than Kat when you dump ice cold water on her... you have been warned). Oh and changelings.

How I found this site, well this story is quite short; I found a parody version of the remote comic, the one where Scarlet found some weird remote and expanded the frame, someone linked to the original, I found the site, and proceeded to spend the night reading every single comic. That was around 1-2 years ago though.

As for other things, I am somewhat mad, I get this from my master on another forum I am a regular on. I am his protege and personal assistant, assist in what you may ask? Oh the usual ritualistic things such as gathering human hearts and rice for summoning ceremonies, performing such ceremonies, and assisting in freeing others from their useless sanity, among other things.

Anyway, *throws lit dynamite everywhere* lets have some fun, shall we?

247Introduce Yourself! - Page 10 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:37 pm

cirby

cirby? Yeah, that's just me.

US. FL. Orlando, home of Da Mouse.

I do lots of odd things, some of which make me money. Video, computers, games, bicycling, and maybe writing. Hard to tell.

I can't remember how I found CC, it's been too many years.

248Introduce Yourself! - Page 10 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:58 am

cytos

hello, i'm MC cytos, coming to you from a win7 OS.
this box' main browser is water fox,
and in case you don't know, that's firefoxes 64bit version yow
watching a hearthstone vid, featuring my favorite player totalbiscuit.

but lets face it, i ain't gona rap myself to the top
therefore i am going to stop, with the rhimes, so pay them no heed, cause all i want is this comics rss feed

249Introduce Yourself! - Page 10 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:29 pm

Avankiri

Hi, I'm Avan, and I'm a JollyJack-a-holic.

Got my name from my very first character.

I'm from Nacogdoches, Texas, USA

I'm a high school graduate, working at a call center for AT&T as technician support. My hobbies include gaming, anime, Doctor Who, and more recently, Jolly Jack's webcomics. It's a terrible addiction, I suggest you not get into it (that way, there's more for me!).

I found Collected Curios through an odd path. Was playing a avatar-based social networking game similar to Second Life, someone had a character and used a picture of Vanity as reference. Got curious when I went looking and saw she was from an actual webcomic, so I looked up Sequential Art...And I've been hooked since page 1. Took me a bit to realize I could order it through the mail, so I ordered the first volume Friday. Then I saw the forum link. And here I am, practically frothing at the mouth to think there's a forum devoted to a webcomic artist. And a damn good one at that.

250Introduce Yourself! - Page 10 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:20 pm

Nate_the_Great

Hey guys! I first discovered the Sequential Art web comic a month ago while randomly clicking links on tvtropes.org (sorta like on Wikipedia: searching for one thing leads to clicking on one link, then another, until you've gone through so many and you wonder, "How did I get myself here?").
Anyways, Sequential Art is the first web comic I ever read, and I love Art, Kat, Pip, and the Quads and their crazy adventures!
I've also enjoyed Battle Bunnies, Spider and Scorpion, and How To Play.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum