Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boycott Bay!

+3
KaZe
not_cenaris
Leak
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Boycott Bay! Empty Boycott Bay! Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:13 pm

Leak

Leak

Nice one, JJ, but if you're so eager to share this why didn't you post it on the Collected Curious front page already? scratch

2Boycott Bay! Empty Re: Boycott Bay! Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:44 pm

not_cenaris

not_cenaris

*walks into the restaurant, sees fried fish on a menu*
"What? Fried fish?! How dare they?! I hate it! Boycott this place everyone!"

Seriously, no one is draging you to the cinema. "OMG, they ruining the universe I loved as a kid" is not an argument. If you eager to stick to the old cartoons, just stick to them - no one is taking your old VHSes or DVDs.

3Boycott Bay! Empty Re: Boycott Bay! Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:32 pm

KaZe

KaZe

not_сenaris wrote:*walks into the restaurant, sees fried fish on a menu*

Seriously, no one is draging you to the cinema. "OMG, they ruining the universe I loved as a kid" is not an argument. If you eager to stick to the old cartoons, just stick to them - no one is taking your old VHSes or DVDs.

Actually, I think its more like selling spoiled fried fish in Bay's case... Razz

Also Jack, I swear you have the evil-genius laugh down almost too well. Wink

4Boycott Bay! Empty Re: Boycott Bay! Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:58 pm

not_cenaris

not_cenaris

KaZe wrote:
not_сenaris wrote:*walks into the restaurant, sees fried fish on a menu*

Actually, I think its more like selling spoiled fried fish in Bay's case... :P
It is not spoiled, it just smells funny.

5Boycott Bay! Empty Re: Boycott Bay! Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:58 am

TheGreatHibiki

TheGreatHibiki

Ah'MEN! Bay has ruined just about everything I grew up with now. And I mean the brutal Turtles not those sissy trippy turtles witht he catch phrases, Remember when Optimus prime had class and style? I do.

So what gets me is If where he is getting this glop from is where i think he is, then he needs to rethink what he is saying when he says 'original writers'. Because I don't picture the creator messing with aliens. I can't see a giant rat and odd collection of turtle sitting next to E.T. waiting to use the bloody subspace saw blade umbrella device.

6Boycott Bay! Empty Re: Boycott Bay! Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:09 pm

not_cenaris

not_cenaris

TheGreatHibiki wrote:Because I don't picture the creator messing with aliens. I can't see a giant rat and odd collection of turtle sitting next to E.T. waiting to use the bloody subspace saw blade umbrella device.

Whose problem it is, I wonder.

7Boycott Bay! Empty Re: Boycott Bay! Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:38 pm

cenaris

cenaris

Okay then. You want a valid reason beyond fanboy arguments?
How about the fact his movies contribute absolutely nothing of creative value? That they all smack of nothing but explosions* to make easily impressed manchilds cream their pants? That Michael Bay is only influential and taken seriously because he makes money for bean counters who have taken Hollywood and screwed it for every penny they can get so his brand of movie making benefits their creatively bankrupt business model? It's okay if the movies are complete crap and degrade movie making as long as they make some rich guy even richer, right?

Compare a Hollywood produced movie from the 1920s/30s by Charlie Chaplain when they were made for creativity and something Michael Bay pulled out of a sick bucket and you'll be begging for the funny man who threw bricks at dim witted stereotypes of police in black and white with no sound. This has nothing to do with "We hate Bay because he rapes our manchildhood"

*That said, The Rock was fairly decent because Sean Connery and Nic Cage were man enough to put Bay in his place and make it better.

8Boycott Bay! Empty Re: Boycott Bay! Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:35 pm

not_cenaris

not_cenaris

cenaris wrote:
How about the fact his movies contribute absolutely nothing of creative value? That they all smack of nothing but explosions*
They got amazing visuals and creative robot designs, a great step away from the traditional alien/mecha design that was mostly used last years.

*That said, The Rock was fairly decent because Sean Connery and Nic Cage were man enough to put Bay in his place and make it better.
This kind of thought always bothered me. How can you know that, without personally participating in creative process? "ooh, I know what's going on in there!.." No, you don't.

to make easily impressed manchilds cream their pants?
Cheap tactics to support opinion by using insults. "The haters of Bay's movies are just stupid lazy neckbears, who are waiting for a chance to complain about anything, for the sake of not feeling so shitty IRL".
It is easy to make statements like this, though they are bringing nothing to the discussion besides negativity.

That Michael Bay is only influential and taken seriously because he makes money for bean counters who have taken Hollywood and screwed it for every penny they can get so his brand of movie making benefits their creatively bankrupt business model? It's okay if the movies are complete crap and degrade movie making as long as they make some rich guy even richer, right? Compare a Hollywood produced movie from the 1920s/30s by Charlie Chaplain when they were made for creativity and something Michael Bay pulled out of a sick bucket and you'll be begging for the funny man who threw bricks at dim witted stereotypes of police in black and white with no sound.
Bay's Transformers are mindless entertaining action movies, about giant robots beating the crap out of each other using huge guns, swords, axes, chainsaws, military, with tons of explosions and terrible human acting, that's it. Mindless fun. Popcorn flicks. People are sometimes in a mood for this kind of movies. Again, over years there were produced tons of great motion pictures, and unless you are a consumptive black hole, you'll always have a choice of nice movies to pick from, to fit your mood perfectly.

9Boycott Bay! Empty Re: Boycott Bay! Wed May 23, 2012 1:12 am

rpx

I'll just stick with the argument that he hasn't made a decent movie in in 16 years. The guys track record had been very poor. The only movies he had made that I like was the first Bad Boys and The Rock. out side of those two movies. He really hasn't done anything really memorable.

10Boycott Bay! Empty Re: Boycott Bay! Wed May 23, 2012 12:05 pm

Agent

Agent

Yeah, Transformers is mindless fun. But the Turtles is not. It showed wit and ninjas and crap, and you actually cared about the characters, even the human ones. At the risk of being beaten with URLs, I didn't really have that much to gripe about with 2007's TMNT.

THEN Bay comes around, deciding "I've already puked on Transformers three times, why not do the Ninja Turtles?" Teenage ALIEN Ninja Turtles does not at all sound as catchy. Nor does it sound as good. Hasbro better not let Bay get MLP, or... (cocks shotgun)...there's gonna be one more kaboom.

My theory? This isn't Bay at all. This is Uwe Boll in disguise!

http://agentxy14.deviantart.com

11Boycott Bay! Empty Re: Boycott Bay! Wed May 23, 2012 6:31 pm

rpx

Agent wrote:My theory? This isn't Bay at all. This is Uwe Boll in disguise!

You might be on to something there.

12Boycott Bay! Empty Re: Boycott Bay! Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:54 pm

Leak

Leak

Well, for what it's worth the abomination in question is currently delayed indefinitely...

np: Actress - Ascending (R.I.P.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum