Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Recipe of the Day: ManCakes

+3
Pietja
26_9
Smelge
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Recipe of the Day: ManCakes Empty Recipe of the Day: ManCakes Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:58 am

Smelge

Smelge

es. Mancakes.

A form of pancake so potent that only a true man can consume it. Women even attempting such a magnificent meal will crap out their ovaries and grow a penis.

DISCLAIMER:

This recipe requires the use of pentagrammatic wards, meat and poultry ovulations. All injuries sustained due to meddling with the fabric of reality are the responsibility of the person attempting it. Symptoms of overexposure to this recipe include (but are not limited to): Flash burns, being et by demons, spontaneous lactose intolerance, increased beard growth, decapitation, menstruation, temporal imbalance and herpes.

Step 1: Preparation

First, you need an empty worksurface.

Recipe of the Day: ManCakes MC1

It needs to be made ready before cooking can begin. First, scrub it with disinfectant, then add a Pentagram with surrounding circle and some runes.

Recipe of the Day: ManCakes MC2

Make sure your worktop is big enugh, as a break in the circle can lead to problems, as will be seen later.

To the ingredients!

Recipe of the Day: ManCakes MC3

You'll need 100g flour, 1 sachet baking powder, 1 egg, about 300ml milk, raw steak, oil and toppings. Chuck the flour (do not sieve, as it removes the Vital Humours required), baking powder and egg in a bowl. Add the milk in small increments, mixing as you go to get a smooth batter.

Recipe of the Day: ManCakes MC5
Recipe of the Day: ManCakes MC6

Now, start to heat your frying pan. Again, this area needs prepared. Lighting some candles works well to placate the mixture. However, the candles I used weren't of the dribbly variety, which started a chain reaction.

Recipe of the Day: ManCakes MC7

The mixture was slightly angered by this. Normally, calming it by feeding some raw steak would work. However it's rage was unchecked by the pentagrammic wards, as the circle wasn't quite complete and falls off the side of the worktop.

Before I knew it, disaster:

Recipe of the Day: ManCakes MC8

It looked like this was the end of the mancakes. A quick solution was needed. The steak went in...

The steak worked. It calmed the mixture down. Now I had to work quickly.

A big dollop of the mix went into the pan. Out of the mix you should get 3 Mancakes, however the burn wasted a third of the mixture. The Mancake in the pan needs to be cooked until it starts to firm up on top and bubble. Keep swilling the fluid mix on top around the edges to heat it.

It is normal for the mix to rise as it cooks.

Recipe of the Day: ManCakes MC9

OH SHI-

Recipe of the Day: ManCakes MC9b

Now, use a splatula to unstick the Mancake from the sides of the pan and flip that fecker.

Recipe of the Day: ManCakes MC10

Repeat with the other two parts of the Mancake batter.

Recipe of the Day: ManCakes MC11

Slather chocolate spread on it and roll.

Recipe of the Day: ManCakes MC12

OM NOM NOM

For the less manly version, or for thinner, less fluffy pancakes, leave out the baking powder. Also, using plain flour rather than self-raising leaves wafer thin and totally crepe.

You can add any fillings you want. I went with chocolate spread for one and lemon juice/sugar for the second, though you can use whatever, including a dollop of icecream.

End.

Recipe of the Day: ManCakes MC4

2Recipe of the Day: ManCakes Empty Re: Recipe of the Day: ManCakes Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:40 pm

26_9

Ew.

3Recipe of the Day: ManCakes Empty Re: Recipe of the Day: ManCakes Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:51 pm

Pietja

Can I use milk, oil & cream from other sources than Carrefour? Because I'm afraid that Mancackes with Carrefour ingredients could be a little too much for me to handle.

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

4Recipe of the Day: ManCakes Empty Re: Recipe of the Day: ManCakes Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:04 am

Smelge

Smelge

Yes. Carrefour is just my local supermarket.

5Recipe of the Day: ManCakes Empty Re: Recipe of the Day: ManCakes Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:40 pm

Pandora

Pandora

I'll eat a mancake if I feel like it, and still retain my female organs, thank you very much. Laughing

6Recipe of the Day: ManCakes Empty Re: Recipe of the Day: ManCakes Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:41 pm

Zumbo Prime

Zumbo Prime

I see no steak in that mancake.

No meal can be manly without steak.

7Recipe of the Day: ManCakes Empty Re: Recipe of the Day: ManCakes Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:04 am

Smelge

Smelge

The raw steak went in after the fire, I was too busy trying to save it to get a picture.

8Recipe of the Day: ManCakes Empty Re: Recipe of the Day: ManCakes Mon May 24, 2010 7:26 am

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

Sacrifice to the almighty Mancake!

9Recipe of the Day: ManCakes Empty Re: Recipe of the Day: ManCakes Mon May 24, 2010 8:09 am

MicasR

MicasR

I once attempted to make communist pan cakes, they work the same... except you add red cooking dye to the mix.

The result was... pink pancakes... it was humiliating.

I will try your manly mancakes once I'm allowed back in the kitchen...

10Recipe of the Day: ManCakes Empty Re: Recipe of the Day: ManCakes Mon May 24, 2010 10:17 am

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

atleast you humiliated a com-cake Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum