Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What grinds your gears?

+71
pablowapsi
Auroralikethesunrise
waffllecat
RennisTora
KaZe
artimies7
Nighthawke
ugilick
CrimsonZeke
Dreadstunlock
bigro
Kairu88
Mr_M
TheGreatHibiki
3D Ninja
scienceguy8
Youchip
yellowrock
Felonious Exalt
Haventownsend
Ganthan
Latrans
Xenathos
Drunkenvalley
not_cenaris
rpx
dog3oy
Blacklite
Chells
Damien Darkside
Nikolai
Triskelli
Frist
MicasR
BeDaOrLiSeAr
Paranoid
Aimereta
Clockwork
Zumbo Prime
JimmyDimples
p1x13st1ck
blind_dead_mcjones
cammyjag
Maple_Fish
stephanodude
Rad
Trevon Fox
GoldenDragon
Forthwol
Sketchtastic
5c4rl37
xombie
Concrete
mariachidevil
cenaris
Winds
Leak
Jaebird
hiddenflame
Pandora
wolfpax181
26_9
BenRG
xivk
Stormcrow-18
Lazarus Firenze
MadxHatter123
MrFreeeman
Zaran
delicious lambchops
Pietja
75 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 28 of 29]

676What grinds your gears? - Page 28 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:07 am

Pietja

Youchip, as long as it makes them happy and they don't hurt anyone by doing it - then why the hell not? It's their life and if they're going to regret their choices later in life, they won't have anyone other to blame than themselves. By the same logic you can tell that priests or nuns are limiting themselves. In both cases it's devotion and if you'd ask me, it's more silly to devote oneself into big G in the sky who might be nonexistant than to My Little Pony. And I believe that the first bunch made more wrong then latter, if you'd ask me.
Also, for the record - I don't even like the MLP show.

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

677What grinds your gears? - Page 28 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:23 am

Youchip

Youchip

Pietja wrote:they won't have anyone other to blame than themselves.
thats kind of my point

678What grinds your gears? - Page 28 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:56 am

stephanodude

stephanodude

not to rain on anyones parade or anything but...i kinda think this whole my little pony thing is getting out of hand. Im gonna just stop talking about it before we all end up saying something we regret.

679What grinds your gears? - Page 28 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:12 pm

TheGreatHibiki

TheGreatHibiki

When I shift wrong. Badum-tish. GET IT?!

680What grinds your gears? - Page 28 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:50 am

Xenathos

Xenathos

Right now I'm in ANOTHER fight with her. This time I'm keeping my head cooler then normally. I also get help from one of my best friends to explain everything to her. Hope that will clear some things up with her. I'm feeling less and less torment when I am fighting with her.

https://www.youtube.com/user/XellXenathos

681What grinds your gears? - Page 28 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:44 am

cenaris

cenaris

Hearing about the ProtectIP bill, now renamed conveniently as the E-PARASITE bill, an attempt to censor the Internet by Republican politicians. It would allow a small group of idiots who don't know what they're doing to bypass fair use laws, and US courts, to instantly shut down any website they consider as infringing copyright laws and target non-US sites that naturally don't abide by US internet laws. Sites like Google, Youtube, tumblr, blogspot, facebook and any other site that allows the user the ability to post what they want would be considered illegal. Wave goodbye to collected Curios or Deviantart if it get approved by congress. It's also worse than that; It would allow them to rewrite the internet, making less reliable and more unstable. Shit like this needs to be stopped. NOW!

Cute little video to explain things better

682What grinds your gears? - Page 28 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:51 pm

Aimereta

Aimereta

Coming home from a weekend with friends to a flooded bathroom! Inconsiderate harlot adds another nail to the coffin of horrible roommate... soaked towels and ShamWow's left crumpled up on the floor and on the counter to mold and mildew, with huge water puddles still left over, and no note explaining what happened, and no explanation period. I am less than pleased, and that's putting it lightly.

http://www.freewebs.com/aimereta

683What grinds your gears? - Page 28 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:14 am

KaZe

KaZe

Okay, I've really tried to be optimistic about this but I really can't be anymore. This is by far the worst holiday my family and I have ever had, and it's not over yet..

It started off last week with me getting sick followed by my mother, and both of us staying that way the entire week. This put us out from seeing my Grandfather and my Uncle (who had flown in from the east coast for Xmas) until after the holiday, as we couldn't afford to infect my 87 year old grandfather with the nasty bug we both had. On top of that, during the middle of the week my Grandfather's sister (my aunt) passed away after a long battle with Alzheimer's. The funeral was scheduled right after Christmas so we had to spend a lot of time (while sick) trying to coordinate last minute with my aunt's family since they wanted my Mom to sing during the ceremony. It wasn't something either of us wanted to deal with at that time and just put a further damper on the whole holiday.

It gets even worse tho. A day or so after my aunt died, my grandfather fell down in his kitchen while trying to pickup something. My uncle was there to help him up (thank god) but afterwards my grandpa had lost the ability to stand even tho it had appeared to have been a minor slip at first. Things didn't get better after a day or so, so my uncle had to call an ambulance to take my grandfather too the hospital. He's been in the hospital for several days now and hasn't been improving. In fact now he's suffering from some sort of delirium and hallucinations that the doctors are currently unable to explain. I'm scared there's something wrong with his head and that I may lose the person whom I looked up too my whole life. I don't know how I could deal with that right now.

Anyway there's been so much tragedy going on that Christmas has been postponed indefinitely for my family and I'm running out of faith that New Years will be any better. Frankly, I've never had the holidays be this bad before. They've always been something I look forward to, but this year I just want them to end.

684What grinds your gears? - Page 28 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:35 pm

rpx

What Grinds my Gears. These Clowns running for President. I'm not going to speak one the ones who dropped out because all there bones fell out the closet or worse. Now lets look at who is left a

Rick Santorum: This guys Record gets worse at you look at it. Once you have proven ties to a child molestation case
You fail. No you don't need to be running for president. You need to be in jail for molesting children.
http://thevictoryreport.org/2012/01/09/watch-santorums-strange-ties-to-sandusky/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=watch-santorums-strange-ties-to-sandusky
Who ever voted for this guy be ashamed of yourself.

Newt Gingrich: Where do you want me to start with this scumbag. A known corrupt politician. A sheisty businessman.
What type president do you think hell be. This guy constantly gets called out on all in the dirt, then acts like everyone else is wrong for bringing up the things he did. And people still voted for this loonatic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWKTOCP45zY

Mitt Rommny: The Occupy Wall Street Movement might as well go to this guys house.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vue8Gs0JWps
http://www.opensecrets.org/pres12/contrib.php?id=N00000286
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW0JTcYeKXg
Do I want to get into the Tax evasion.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bruce-judson/mitt-romney-offshore-accounts_b_1214591.html
And once again people vote for this guy.

Ron Paul: Is Actually Clean. Hasn't gone back on anything or done anything dirty.
And its like he is invisible.
http://www.viddler.com/explore/libertyangels/videos/3/

And people who keep saying don't bring up politics. Were getting screwed six ways from Sunday and were not suppose to talk about. That grinds my gears to no end.

685What grinds your gears? - Page 28 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:07 am

KaZe

KaZe

rpx wrote:Political stuff here..

As someone who's been a longtime supporter of Dr. Paul, I can tell you the way he gets treated by media still angers me to this day, even tho I have come to expect it by now. Ever since I saw Andersen Cooper pass Ron over for a question during '08 debates I've become much more aware of how the MSM tries to manipulate things like voting in this country. In fact, more recently, the way the've been continuously ignoring or mocking him (saying things like "Ron Paul can't win" is a regular talking point on both CNN and FOX) just serves to underscore how crooked the lame-stream media has become these days. I swear during one of the recent debates I wanted to smack John King in the face after he tried to pass Ron over on a question again. Mad Luckily the audience boo'd Kings sorry ass this time and he was forced to come back to Paul. One day I truely hope social media and citizen journalism replaces the corporate presstitutes we have now.

686What grinds your gears? - Page 28 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:02 pm

rpx

KaZe wrote:
rpx wrote:Political stuff here..

As someone who's been a longtime supporter of Dr. Paul, I can tell you the way he gets treated by media still angers me to this day, even tho I have come to expect it by now. Ever since I saw Andersen Cooper pass Ron over for a question during '08 debates I've become much more aware of how the MSM tries to manipulate things like voting in this country. In fact, more recently, the way the've been continuously ignoring or mocking him (saying things like "Ron Paul can't win" is a regular talking point on both CNN and FOX) just serves to underscore how crooked the lame-stream media has become these days. I swear during one of the recent debates I wanted to smack John King in the face after he tried to pass Ron over on a question again. Mad Luckily the audience boo'd Kings sorry ass this time and he was forced to come back to Paul. One day I truely hope social media and citizen journalism replaces the corporate presstitutes we have now.

well you just got to keep calling them out on there BS. In the words of Gerald Celente Heman Cain, Michele Bachmann, and Rick Perry all said God told them to run. Either they lied or God is batting 0-3 Because all 3 of those losers struck out. Now just put all of Rommny, Santorum, and Gingrich BS on full blast and they will sink as well.

687What grinds your gears? - Page 28 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:32 am

cenaris

cenaris

This thread should be renamed Things that piss you off because right now I am Really fucking pissed off!

I list an item on Ebay today. I went through all the procedures to get on there. Takes me a week of verifying my paypal, finding out how much item will weigh, getting a box to fit it in, etc ect ETC.

I finally list it (and this is an expensive piece of kit). Within an hour someone buys it, I'm just about send the invoice to them and

OH HI. THIS IS EBAY. SORRY BUT THIS BUYER IS A BIG FAT FAKE. WE JUST TOOK YOUR ITEM OFF. SORRYLOLTRYAGAIN

What grinds your gears? - Page 28 13296410

I'm sorry. Why did they have to take it off? Couldn't they simply block that user and let someone else have a try?

I now have to relist it, spend more money to do that. Oh and you know what the most insulting part was? It was £400. I can only sell 10 items of £650 worth of items a month. So what's going to happen is I relist it and another troll will come along and fuck it all up for me again. Kick me down and fuck with me.

And so What grinds your gears? - Page 28 13301811

688What grinds your gears? - Page 28 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:09 pm

RennisTora

RennisTora

People who say LOL or other leet speak in person, even on in chats it kind of bugs me.
And that people are still saying queer and gay instead of homosexual, odd and happy people... Odd and Happy.

689What grinds your gears? - Page 28 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:10 am

waffllecat

waffllecat

Meanwhile at Valve...

690What grinds your gears? - Page 28 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:39 pm

Auroralikethesunrise

Auroralikethesunrise

The sheer ignorance I see daily. I work in retail and some of my customers that come through it's just....~sigh~ and then I log onto the internet to get away from it...and it's still there.

When a guy chimes in out of no where about politics and religion and thinks his opinion carries weight because he's either yelling into the mic or that hes typing all caps. I'll call that "entitlement" the world doesn't owe you shit you self important fuck so hush...

Anyone who acts like an ass because they think they can. I find most celebrities are more sociable than some people. If kevin sorbo is more humble than you, there is a pride issue there.

finally, when people wear their clothes too tight..they look like sausages...

https://www.facebook.com/Briar0Rose

691What grinds your gears? - Page 28 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:16 am

RennisTora

RennisTora

Auroralikethesunrise wrote:The sheer ignorance I see daily. I work in retail and some of my customers that come through it's just....~sigh~ and then I log onto the internet to get away from it...and it's still there.

When a guy chimes in out of no where about politics and religion and thinks his opinion carries weight because he's either yelling into the mic or that hes typing all caps. I'll call that "entitlement" the world doesn't owe you shit you self important fuck so hush...

Anyone who acts like an ass because they think they can. I find most celebrities are more sociable than some people. If kevin sorbo is more humble than you, there is a pride issue there.

finally, when people wear their clothes too tight..they look like sausages...
That was:
❒ Not correct at all
❒ Sausages really?
✔ Yes, just all things you said yes

692What grinds your gears? - Page 28 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:36 pm

pablowapsi

pablowapsi

Annoying to no end are people who drive too slow. Even worse are the ones who pull out in front of you at the last second (like they're in such a hurry) then they proceed to drive 6 miles per hour below the speed limit.

http://wapsisquare.com

693What grinds your gears? - Page 28 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:34 pm

indrejue

indrejue

oh traffic irritants are people who take a right exit on the freeway from all the way in the left lane. people who decide to stop in the left lane to try and get into the middle or right lane by waiting for an opening to pass them. (yes i have personally seen this on several occasions i live in NY were people seem to have forgotten how to drive) people who come to a T intersection and just blow through it just because there is no physical stop sign though it is a standard rule that by default you stop. and finally worst of all are the mother effing rubber neckers.

694What grinds your gears? - Page 28 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:16 am

kieno

kieno

I work at a hardware store; biggest grind is people coming in with a vague description of a household problem, having not even looked into solving it themselves before they came in, and expecting me to know exactly what's wrong in a circuit I haven't even seen.

695What grinds your gears? - Page 28 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:04 pm

rpx

What grinds your gears? - Page 28 55220610

696What grinds your gears? - Page 28 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:17 am

Riikano-Alinaris

rpx wrote:What grinds your gears? - Page 28 55220610

I would only kill you for pity. That's what real men do. Cool

What grinds my gears most is mode in writing novels. For example, after Twilight was published and had success, suddenly bookshops were submerged by teen crappy vampire stories. The point is, the major part of the authors don't even try to innovate - or to write in a good way.

Fantasy genre is dead at the moment.

I wish I could revive him for a moment, just to show those guys that proper writing is possible - but is taking me forever.

697What grinds your gears? - Page 28 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:31 pm

indrejue

indrejue

twilight is not fantasy do not lump that trash or harry poter for that matter in with my favorite genera

698What grinds your gears? - Page 28 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:04 pm

Riikano-Alinaris

Don't misunderstand: I was starting a new point. My fault it was not clear.

Twilight has no genre but crap.

But still, I can't find good innovation. And still, I hate when people start to follow the wave of success with an endless stream of clons.

699What grinds your gears? - Page 28 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:39 pm

indrejue

indrejue

although it is true many are imitators of what has come before them it is nice o see sometimes how they use the same element basics to make their own story. Robert Jordan was a great writer for fantasy though he did begin to drag out the story a bit too much near the last few books before he died. May he RIP. also the ones who started the whole genera like Tolkien and C. S Lewis. but there are plenty of writers out there who have not sold out to the Hollywood buck yet. Terry Goodkind unfortunately was one of those sell outs. but if you are willing to look carefully you will find the jewels. though they are the same to an extent always fun to see what new twists they manage to put in.

700What grinds your gears? - Page 28 Empty Genre Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:18 pm

Conchobhar

Conchobhar

Fantasy is a broad term that does include The Lord of the Rings, Twilight and Harry Potter together. If some work of fantasy is really poorly made it isn't exiled from the genre. It's a lot like the way the word "comics" has it's own reputation and some people find it hard to take comics seriously. That's the reason a lot of artists prefer the term "sequential art". But regardless of quality or the number of colors in the pallette comics are comics.

http://www.jellyboygame.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 28 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum