Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.


You are not connected. Please login or register

"Stupid Eengleesh..."

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 "Stupid Eengleesh..." on Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:57 am



Let's face it, we all know, in our hearts, that this is what they're saying.

Besides, for all these markets are 'culturally authentic', there are far more safeguards to be had buying from German on-line stores.

View user profile

2 Re: "Stupid Eengleesh..." on Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:47 am

Actually we Frankfurters are to blame. In the 1990s we exported our christmas market (The main one in the city center, that no Frankfurter actually goes to since there are too many bloody tourists and Frankfurt alone has about a douzend other, nicer christmas markets in christmas time, including a gay one) to our sister city of Birmingham, from there it spread all over the UK like a cancer of festive Gemütlichkeit.
Also Germans are very well willing to pay way too much too for that crap. Razz

View user profile http://www.airpatrolonline.net

3 Re: "Stupid Eengleesh..." on Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:30 pm

Schneekugeln?

What does it mean?

View user profile

4 Re: "Stupid Eengleesh..." on Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:05 pm

26_994 wrote:Schneekugeln?

What does it mean?
Snowglobes.

View user profile http://www.airpatrolonline.net

5 Re: "Stupid Eengleesh..." on Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:30 am

wolfman-al wrote:
26_994 wrote:Schneekugeln?

What does it mean?
Snowglobes.

Oh, thanks.

wolfman-al wrote:Actually we Frankfurters are to blame. In the 1990s we exported our christmas market (The main one in the city center, that no Frankfurter actually goes to since there are too many bloody tourists and Frankfurt alone has about a douzend other, nicer christmas markets in christmas time, including a gay one) to our sister city of Birmingham, from there it spread all over the UK like a cancer of festive Gemütlichkeit.
Also Germans are very well willing to pay way too much too for that crap. Razz

I remember, there was a mission in SimCity 3000: make Frankfurt fitted for a huge celebration.
The joke is -- it was much harder to understand, what to do, in comparison with "fight crime in Moscow" mission.

View user profile

6 Re: "Stupid Eengleesh..." on Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:37 am

26_994 wrote:
I remember, there was a mission in SimCity 3000: make Frankfurt fitted for a huge celebration.
The joke is -- it was much harder to understand, what to do, in comparison with "fight crime in Moscow" mission.
Dunno. IRL it is pretty difficult to organize an event in downtown Frankfurt just because the city center is a bloody gothamcityesque maze of winding, much too narrow streets and alleys, since its basically a modern 20th/21th century metropolis squeezed onto a medivial grid. When there is a large event, like the central national celebration of the 25th unification day this year, we manage it more or less good by using the few larger squares in the city center and the park on the river embankment.

View user profile http://www.airpatrolonline.net

7 Re: "Stupid Eengleesh..." on Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Wolfman Al, out of curiosity, what is the German translation of "Oh my God! The English are willing to pay how much for this crap?"

View user profile

8 Re: "Stupid Eengleesh..." on Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:43 am

Ganthan wrote:Wolfman Al, out of curiosity, what is the German translation of "Oh my God! The English are willing to pay how much for this crap?"
"Oh mein Gott! Die Engländer zahlen WIEVIEL für diesen Mist?"

View user profile http://www.airpatrolonline.net

9 Re: "Stupid Eengleesh..." on Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:43 pm

Google Translate says it's this:

Oh mein Gott! Die Engländer sind bereit, für diese Scheiße zu zahlen , wie viel?

View user profile

10 Re: "Stupid Eengleesh..." on Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:58 am

Ganthan wrote:Google Translate says it's this:

Oh mein Gott! Die Engländer sind bereit, für diese Scheiße zu zahlen , wie viel?
Yeah, shows that Google translate is crap. It only delivers a word by word translation but not a contextual translation.

View user profile http://www.airpatrolonline.net

11 Re: "Stupid Eengleesh..." Today at 12:09 pm

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum