Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

-----------

5 posters

----------

----------- Vote_lcap75%----------- Vote_rcap 75% [ 3 ]
----------- Vote_lcap25%----------- Vote_rcap 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1----------- Empty ----------- Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:49 am

26_9

----------------

Last edited by 26_994 on Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:14 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ----------)

2----------- Empty Re: ----------- Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:24 pm

wolfman-al

wolfman-al

26_994 wrote:Are the characters of SA animals naturally?

Or they are just ... styled humans?

Your opinion.

Uhm... Whut?

I think you dinnae really grasp the concep of anthropomorphic characters, me lad.

http://www.airpatrolonline.net

3----------- Empty Re: ----------- Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:48 pm

26_9

Aww...
Never mind - it was just my bad English speak

4----------- Empty Re: ----------- Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:49 am

Flakesfa

Flakesfa

No, the "animals" of SA are mostly Anthros, with the exception for Leonard of course.

Anthropomorphism is the attribution of human characteristics to non-human creatures and beings, phenomena, material states and objects or abstract concepts. Examples include animals and plants and forces of nature such as winds, rain or the sun depicted as creatures with human motivation able to reason and converse. The term derives from the combination of the Greek ἄνθρωπος (ánthrōpos), "human" and μορφή (morphē), "shape" or "form".

It is strongly associated with art and storytelling where it has ancient roots. Most cultures possess a long-standing fable tradition with anthropomorphised animals as characters that can stand as commonly recognised types of human behaviour.

Anthropomorphism plays a role in some popular films and TV shows. The Griffin family of FOX's hit comedy Family Guy has an anthropomorphic dog named Brian, and the spin-off of Family Guy, The Cleveland Show, has a family of anthropomorphic bears. From the popular British animated short films Wallace and Gromit comes Gromit, the beloved dog of Wallace. Almost all characters from Nickelodeon's hit show SpongeBob SquarePants are anthropomorphic in nature, with the exception of the characters Patchy the Pirate, and the Flying Dutchman. Additionally, many of the films made by Pixar Animation Studios center around anthropomorphisms, including cars, fish, aliens, monsters, dogs and many others.
----------
Furry fandom (also known as furrydom, furridom, fur fandom or furdom) refers to the fandom for fictional anthropomorphic animal characters with human personalities and characteristics. Examples of anthropomorphic attributes include exhibiting human intelligence and facial expressions, the ability to speak, walk on two legs, and wear clothes. Furry fandom is also used to refer to the community of artists, writers, role players and general fans of the furry art forms who gather on the Internet and at conventions.

There are several webcomics featuring animal characters created by or for furry fans; as such, they may be referred to as "furry comics". One such comic, T.H.E. Fox, was first published on CompuServe in 1986, predating the World Wide Web by several years, while another, "Kevin and Kell" by Bill Holbrook, has been awarded both a Web Cartoonists' Choice Award and an Ursa Major Award.

--------

... No wikipedia at all!

5----------- Empty Re: ----------- Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:38 am

Xenathos

Xenathos

Speaking of... WHERE IS LEONARD?!

https://www.youtube.com/user/XellXenathos

6----------- Empty Re: ----------- Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:48 am

BenRG

BenRG

Xenathos wrote:Speaking of... WHERE IS LEONARD?!

This is just a shot in the dark, but I think that he is currently being carried around the Denzien caverns on a throne. I just have this weird image of him fulfilling an ancient prophecy that makes him God of the Denziens.

7----------- Empty Re: ----------- Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:28 pm

BenRG wrote:
Xenathos wrote:Speaking of... WHERE IS LEONARD?!

This is just a shot in the dark, but I think that he is currently being carried around the Denzien caverns on a throne. I just have this weird image of him fulfilling an ancient prophecy that makes him God of the Denziens.

Hahaha! That's probably it xD

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum