Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Parody Arc

Should we name this Arc the "Parody Arc"

44% 44% [ 4 ]
56% 56% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Parody Arc on Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:19 pm

I propose you that we name the current Sequential Art arc as the Parody Arc….you know since this new arc has no originality whatsoever.

View user profile http://zidneya.deviantart.com

2 Re: Parody Arc on Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:16 am

Across the past 10 years, I've parodied World of Warcraft, James Bond, Team Fortress 2, Ghost Hunters, The Shining, Portal, Tomb Raider, Alone in the Dark, Lovecraftian mythos, Street Fighter, Minecraft, Doctor Who, Star Wars, They Live, Big Brother and I've made use of various popular tropes.

Nothing has changed in the way I write Sequential Art.

If you're bored with the strip, stop reading it.....and stop acting like a dick on my forum.

View user profile http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

3 Re: Parody Arc on Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:44 am

jollyjack wrote:Across the past 10 years, I've parodied World of Warcraft, James Bond, Team Fortress 2, Ghost Hunters, The Shining, Portal, Tomb Raider, Alone in the Dark, Lovecraftian mythos, Street Fighter, Minecraft, Doctor Who, Star Wars, They Live, Big Brother and I've made use of various popular tropes.

Yeah but theres a big difference between Art and Pip playing Warcraft than Thrall knocking on the front door.

jollyjack wrote:
Nothing has changed in the way I write Sequential Art.

I never questioned your method do I? Actually I tend to avoid how people came up with ideas( because you wouldn't want to know how most people association of ideas work believe me)

jollyjack wrote:
If you're bored with the strip, stop reading it.....and stop acting like a dick on my forum.
I hit a nerve didn't I? I'm gonna be honest with you I just worried that you're gonna feel bad about the stuff you just said, and I want you to know that I forgive you.


Because when did I said that a Parody arc is a Bad thing?
What if you make a Parody Arc? What's wrong about that? Because there have been many parodies franchises(the Scary movies, Meet the Spartans, Leslie Nielsen whole or at least half of his career, Hayate the Combat Butler). Tell me what's so bad about it? What? you think I've never made a parody myself? That I'm pure originality?  Come on Phil just watch my avatar.
I'm just pointing out the obvious and that is that this arc doesn't contain parodies this arc it's a parody. Now if you have issues with despising parodies Phil, well sorry to tell you this by but you are wrong(and this ain't open for debate). I find it hard that this is the stuff that pulled the last straw to actually tell me this. There's a difference between critique and review. I'm not gonna deny I've been a dick sometimes(not all the time just sometimes come on don't exaggerate) but I've got news for you pal this ain't one of those times.

A couple of years I posted my own personal quote page in wikiquote and one of the quotes I wrote says:

Half my life thought I had the ability to upset people, the other half thought it was because people have a very sensitive ego, now I know it's both.

And if you have trouble hearing other peoples opinion I can't help you with that. Since there's a difference between critique and review. Come on smile enjoy life. Now just because I can't help you with that it doesn't mean that I can't help you at all. If you want to still get back at me then by all means get back at me. Let it all out. Yell at me, curse me, insult me I don't mind.

Here I'll make it easy for you:
I made a stamp for you! Posted a essay of 4 pages backing you up when the guy who traced your art! I even gave you all those links about those websites that published your comics for free! In here the one who hold record of being a dick is you Pal and I can prove it! Come on Jackson is this how you repay me!!

There you go if that doesn't make you angry at me I don't know what will. So if you still want to take it against me go ahead. I'm a big boy I can take it.
Let it all out, all that stuff that's been affecting you. Family sick, people criticize you, accused of pervert, and now the same silly user upsets you. I might have a few veins in the forehead myself.

Pick a silly fight about parodies with me. Pick ten fights if you want. I still like your art and your mood at the end of the day. And no parody arc it's gonna change that.

View user profile http://zidneya.deviantart.com

4 Re: Parody Arc on Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:29 am

It's more the "you know since this new arc has no originality whatsoever." quip that I'm reacting to.....and the only reason I'm reacting at all is because you've been bitching in other threads for a while now that the stories aren't going the way YOU want them to and that it's wrong of me not to cater for YOUR whim.
Being an active fan is very much appreciated, but it doesn't give you a free pass to act like a prick.

View user profile http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

5 Re: Parody Arc on Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:55 pm

jollyjack wrote:It's more the "you know since this new arc has no originality whatsoever."
Don't tell that to me. Tell that to the narninarnar(did I pronounce it okay?) satyr yelling Expeliarmus. Come on can you honestly blame me for saying that?

jollyjack wrote:quip
I wasn't trying to be sarcastic? Because isn't it quip a a sarcastic or cutting remark? I already posted a series of images of why I said what I said.

jollyjack wrote:that I'm reacting to.....and the only reason I'm reacting at all is because you've been bitching in other threads for a while now
Okay let's sum it up:
Here I said what I said because
a)You get to eat something unhealthy while I…don't…I hate spending christmas with the family T_T (but my point still remains; no one likes a show off Phil, I'm not making this up, ask anyone and tell me if they like it).
b)Better late than never(It was indeed a couple of days later after christmas).

In here I'm not being a dick.
http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net/t952-actually-no

In here on the other hand I'm being 100% Dick but that's because I'm curious of what cause this suddenly change from making reference to real life elements to actually include them in your webcomic(Let's be realistic in one strip you distort Sean Connery name and on the next James Carmeron is an actual character).
http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net/t949-she-s-lovin-it

This is me not being neither bitchy nor dick(unless you have a rule against talking about other webcomics beside yours which I find extremely unfair).
http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net/t950-panel-629

This is me questioning the image we have of your character(but let's be realistic you created a squirrel that can deactivate nuclear reactor yet ask herself why wash her own clothes after playing in the mud) Oh come you can't tell me that Scarlet has become more and more mature over the years(you know like the opposite of what happened to Homes Simposon) and expect that anyone don't find it neither strong of questionable?
http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net/t946-a-pocket-of-summer

This is my replying to my own previous comment. So you have no right so ever to be offended of what I say here since I'm replying myself.
http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net/t943-i-need-hand-sanitizer

This is what? Six! Previous threads. That cover it up when you say "for a while" don't you think?


jollyjack wrote:that the stories aren't going the way YOU want them to and that it's wrong of me not to cater for YOUR whim.
Ahem….

By the present I re-inform you that I already clarify that a parody arc isn't a bad thing.

Also put Pip in a rooftop with a water gun  and a briefcase full of cash and on the other side of that rooftop a hot female sniper pointing her rifle to the penguin's head and then look at me in the eyes and tell me not to make any sarcastic or pessimistic comment about it. I dare you.
This is me putting my "I dare you" face.


jollyjack wrote:Being an active fan is very much appreciated, but it doesn't give you a free pass to act like a prick.
You don't want to aboard that subject pal. Unless you want me to abroad the times when you've been a prick. And I want to be very clear I'm not threatening you nor I want to start another discussion or fight I'm just saying that you ain't the brightest Apple on the tree. So my advice is that unless you want to aboard this particular topic(And I don't want that because that may take me a while and whoever interrupts my midnight session of watching Monster will die with no exceptions) you should avoid it. Because even when I'm willing to admit my bitchiness that doesn't in any way excuse yours.

Anyway that's all I have to say about this.
Have a nice….. What time is it there?

View user profile http://zidneya.deviantart.com

6 Re: Parody Arc on Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:07 pm

Zidneya wrote:Have a nice….. What time is it there?

Late enough for my earlier patience to have dissipated.

Your opinion of both the comic and myself has obviously soured and there are no doubt greener pastures you'd like to hasten on to.
I'll just help you along....

[Hits THE BUTTON]

....there we go. I'm sure we're both much happier now.

View user profile http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

7 Re: Parody Arc on Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:16 pm

JJ used the ban hammer wow. too bad you didn't do that to some other people a lot earlier they seam to have left already though on their own like gypsy dagger. you used it a lot faster on this guy though.

View user profile

8 Re: Parody Arc on Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:22 am

indrejue wrote:JJ used the ban hammer wow.  too bad you didn't do that to some other people a lot earlier they seam to have left already though on their own like gypsy dagger.  you used it a lot faster on this guy though.

I hate banning people, especially if their name is familiar. I wait for offenders to have their say before i do hit the button as I'm always worried that someone has simply worded something badly or have typed something that may have sounded funny in their head, but didn't translate to pure text very well. I like to give them a chance to dig themselves out of whatever hole they've made.

View user profile http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

9 Re: Parody Arc on Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:54 pm

jollyjack wrote:I hate banning people, especially if their name is familiar. I wait for offenders to have their say before i do hit the button as I'm always worried that someone has simply worded something badly or have typed something that may have sounded funny in their head, but didn't translate to pure text very well. I like to give them a chance to dig themselves out of whatever hole they've made.

And this is way you are my favourite forum manager. cheers

View user profile

10 Re: Parody Arc on Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:16 am

jollyjack wrote:
I hate banning people, especially if their name is familiar. I wait for offenders to have their say before i do hit the button as I'm always worried that someone has simply worded something badly or have typed something that may have sounded funny in their head, but didn't translate to pure text very well. I like to give them a chance to dig themselves out of whatever hole they've made.

Good policy, especially when someone seems determined to throw personal abuse.

btw. Keep doing the parody, it makes me feel smart when I spot it.

OK, this particular story arc is (intentionally) less subtle than some, but I still had fun trying to work out where I'd seen the tapestry scene and I appreciate any opportunity to see Scarlet in action.

View user profile

11 Re: Parody Arc on Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:30 pm

I'd say that "Parody/Homage Chop Suey arc" would work better, since unlike most SA arcs (which usually only parody one or two things at a time), this one seems to be a proverbial stir-fry of different references haphazardly tossed together.

(And I mean that in the best way possible.)

View user profile

12 Re: Parody Arc on Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:17 am

Ehm...
"Fantasy Crossover Arc"?

View user profile

13 Re: Parody Arc Today at 6:39 am

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum