Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Panel 629?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Panel 629? Empty Panel 629? Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:52 pm

nonaggressive

note: I'm still new and can't insert links

Panel 629? SA_0629_small
Panel 629? SA_0630_small

This panel (and its follow-up panel) are from a really long time back. I read this comic in high school and you know something? Noting that this is just a dream, it's possible that this event never happened. But if it had, then Kat was kinda saved from dating a transphobe. So, uh, hah, kudos to Hilary! ... Except not really, still using improper pronouns and stuff. Just overall being horrible in multiple ways and only helping Kat unintentionally. I'd look to see if there really was still a discussion on this or if I've brought it up for a millionth time... it would just be a lot of digging. Sorry.

Still, *pointing to my username* I'm just, I guess, curious about if times changed like I did? Because when this comic strip came out it flew over my head (USA Texas sex education = no chance at having any clue what Hilary was referencing). My girlfriend is a trans woman. I wanted to link to the comic to her because she and I act like Kat and Art perfectly.

Panel 629? SA_0568_small

Like this, she's exactly like Kat. She's flirty and teasy like this, soo cute, while I'm like Art, who's all serious, prioritizes respecting others over his perverted nature and can't bring himself to sexually degrade another person, especially someone he likes, even if it's for fun and she might like it. Also bad with computers.

Like, shooot, it's such a relatable and identifiable comic but it makes this joke (#629) at her expense and basically, like, I *do* still love the comic, and I intend on showing it to her, because I feel like she would love the rest of it. But trans people are really commonly targeted for ridicule for struggling with their body dysphoria, their mental-bodily condition that they had no control over, and we could never understand.

I wonder if Jack has made comments on any discussions surrounding 629 and what he thinks today, since people (as times proceed) turn to be more open-minded and more... "open-hearted" I like to call it? Questionable Content is a good example (see their page #2808 to see what I mean, I can't link it yet).

It's not to say this means Kat is transphobic, not at all! Honestly, in my "headcanon," nerdy as this is, maybe Kat let the guy leave (she'd be like, "wait, so, you would ditch me if I were trans?! Fine, I don't need you!"), and punched Hilary's lights out for being both manipulative and transphobic. Shoot, maybe Kat REALLY IS trans, as well! That'd be cool! If a future issue had something like that happen as actual canon to explain what was going on in the characters' minds, that would be awesome character development, although of course it's not my place to tell Jack what to do with his comic, so I'll avoid crossing that line, ha ha.

Panel 629? SA_0569_small

Seriously though that's us for sure. On point.

Last edited by nonaggressive on Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:55 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Maybe I can add images?)

2Panel 629? Empty Re: Panel 629? Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:02 am

Zidneya

Zidneya

nonaggressive wrote:I wonder if Jack has made comments on any discussions surrounding 629
No he didn't. Check by yourself.

https://collectedcurios.forumotion.net/t301-post-op-kat

nonaggressive wrote:Questionable Content is a good example (see their page #2808 to see what I mean, I can't link it yet).
Emm as far as I know Sequential Art doesn't even reached the one thousand strips much less 2808. So you either you wrote it wrong or I just misread some part.

nonaggressive wrote:It's not to say this means Kat is transphobic
I wouldn't worry. Webcomics and their audiences have a more high level of tolerance to transgender.
Panel 629? Mat20110129

http://zidneya.deviantart.com

3Panel 629? Empty Re: Panel 629? Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:22 pm

nonaggressive

Sorry I meant page #2808 of Questionable Content. It's specifically an example of a well told trans character (unique personality, not half-arsed background story, respectfully addresses her, etc)

The comic you showed me seems good imo, too (I'm lacking context so I can't judge her personality, maybe it's a bit much with the "silly sexy" trope since the gamer nerd is almost calling her a "not-girl," even though I admit that the silly-sexy trope is 100% entertaining!).

As a minor/constructive grammar nitpick for the author, "transgendered" is improper grammar for the subject; it's used as an adjective (not a verb, etc etc). Example: "trans girl," "trans boy," "transgender people", etc. I'll link sources to him when I'm able to!

I'm keeping in mind that I'm "a guest" in this area and wouldn't want to put off anyone with "being a social justice warrior." Respecting minorities is a cool thing for comics and I don't want to end up being overzealous or over-the-top about it and instead I'd rather try to be accommodating while I try to help.

4Panel 629? Empty Re: Panel 629? Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:52 pm

Zidneya

Zidneya

nonaggressive wrote:Sorry I meant page #2808 of Questionable Content.
Ohhh know I get it i thought you were referring to the questionable content in Jollyjack artworks. Because you see he has this bunch of…… eh stuff? That has a bunch of eh…. Trust me on this one you don't want to know. Phil don't show him, I shouldn't saw that but I did. And now I'm telling you you don't wanna know.

nonaggressive wrote:The comic you showed me seems good imo, too
Oh you have no idea. I may be Jollyjack fan but I'm not blind enough to ignore a better webcomic when I see it.
nonaggressive wrote:I'm lacking context so I can't judge her personality maybe it's a bit much with the "silly sexy" trope since the gamer nerd is almost calling her a "not-girl," even though I admit that the silly-sexy trope is 100% entertaining!).
Her name I Senna and she is…. complicated.
nonaggressive wrote:
As a minor/constructive grammar nitpick for the author, "transgendered" is improper grammar for the subject; it's used as an adjective (not a verb, etc etc). Example: "trans girl," "trans boy," "transgender people", etc. I'll link sources to him when I'm able to!
Oh Em okay the thing is like this. This has already gone to print so I don't think they might change it if thou ever contact them. The webcomic is called "Menage a 3" and since it's so popular their secondary characters have take their own road(You know like Buffy and Angel) with their own spin-offs.
So put it in simple words it's all divided into audiences.
Menage a 3 is for everyone.
Panel 629? Ma3_468x60_banner
Sandra on the Rocks is for women.
Panel 629? Sotrlogo
And Sticky Dilly Dums for the Gay audience.
Panel 629? Sdblogo
But since it involves different creative workers I dunno who is behind the strip I showed to you. Because you can go to the crew section in their website however the names roles and position have change with the years and the strips.

I wouldn't worry about that. I have mocked, criticized, yelled, and whined to Jollyjack and despite all that(For reasons that escape my understanding) he still likes me. All that even after he warned me to use use common sense("Common sense?" this words are… strange to me). So I don't think the guys around here might get upset for what you have to say.

http://zidneya.deviantart.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum