Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BlackLite's Art.

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 BlackLite's Art. on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:50 pm

So a new forum, eh?
Anyway guys one of my newest pic and hopefully more to come. Wink

This one was a color test on Chelicia.

Last edited by Lycan on Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:48 am; edited 3 times in total

View user profile

2 Re: BlackLite's Art. on Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:10 pm

Can I give a bit of critique, even if it's a bit mean-sounding?

And I know I risk getting flamed for this but...

I don't like it. I'm not sure why, It might be the white glow around all the lines, but I just don't like it. Most of the rest of your stuff on DA I do like, just not this and I can't put my finger on why.

Ok, maybe less critique, more moaning.

Sorry.

View user profile

3 Re: BlackLite's Art. on Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:59 pm

love the colors, but im with smelge...no glow inside...unless it comes from one light source.

View user profile

4 Re: BlackLite's Art. on Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:56 pm

Very Gold Digger, nice. Other then that i have nothing to say those before me haven't already voiced.

View user profile

5 Re: BlackLite's Art. on Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:54 am

Newest pic art trade with someone

View user profile

6 Re: BlackLite's Art. on Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:57 am

One of my newest pics. A request done to one dude.
I use Sai these days.....can make smooth lineart.

And I know that hair/eyebrow mistake....I suck. DX

View user profile

7 Re: BlackLite's Art. on Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:18 am

I'm just starting on Sai as well.

It's a little tricksy after using multiple monitors, and being able to lock transparency. Still not got the hang of it, though I love the lineart tools.

View user profile

8 Re: BlackLite's Art. on Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:23 pm

I really need to get myself a good art software, like a Cintiq. (expencive though...) anyone got any ideas of something i can get thats pretty cheap but a good Machine?

View user profile http://nikolai-bartolf.deviantart.com/

9 Re: BlackLite's Art. on Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:33 pm

Wacom Bamboo.

www.wacom.com or whatever, look for their refurbished or store models. Usually good quality stuff with bargain prices.

View user profile

10 Re: BlackLite's Art. on Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:38 pm

Smelge wrote:Wacom Bamboo.

www.wacom.com or whatever, look for their refurbished or store models. Usually good quality stuff with bargain prices.

Ya, my friend is leting me use a Bamboo pad.. thingy... but it dosent come with an art program... all i got is PAINT! GHHHHHHHA! i need something that has more efficient colors, and blending tools

11 Re: BlackLite's Art. on Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:48 pm

Free demo of Photoshop, PaintTool Sai is pretty good, GIMP (don't google that in imagesearch), OpenCanvas.

Incidentally, when you know exactly what the contents of your bank are, looking at the Wacom Refurb page for Cintiq is a really bad idea.

View user profile

12 Re: BlackLite's Art. on Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:10 pm

Nikolai wrote:I really need to get myself a good art software, like a Cintiq. (expencive though...) anyone got any ideas of something i can get thats pretty cheap but a good Machine?

Look kid, A tip from rookie artist.....no matter how expensive tools you get, as long as you don't know how utilize them at full capazity they mean nothing.

An artist's ultimate tool is his/her mind and hand.
Don't yet aim too high like getting your hands on Cintiq. I too dream to someday have one for myself.
It's mostly used by professionals and really talented people.(not that stops rich kids to mess with it)

I recommend two different art software's....Gimp2 is free and overally usefull tool.
It can do almost anything what photoshop do, but with little more effort.

Easy paint tool Sai is also very great if practising painting techniques and for lineart....but it's free only for trial time and after that you need to buy license to continue using it.

View user profile

13 Re: BlackLite's Art. on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:49 pm

Lycan wrote:
Nikolai wrote:I really need to get myself a good art software, like a Cintiq. (expencive though...) anyone got any ideas of something i can get thats pretty cheap but a good Machine?

Look kid, A tip from rookie artist.....no matter how expensive tools you get, as long as you don't know how utilize them at full capazity they mean nothing.

An artist's ultimate tool is his/her mind and hand.
Don't yet aim too high like getting your hands on Cintiq. I too dream to someday have one for myself.
It's mostly used by professionals and really talented people.(not that stops rich kids to mess with it)

I recommend two different art software's....Gimp2 is free and overally usefull tool.
It can do almost anything what photoshop do, but with little more effort.

Easy paint tool Sai is also very great if practising painting techniques and for lineart....but it's free only for trial time and after that you need to buy license to continue using it.

Can you give me a link to download that Gimp2 program? and btw, i have a great imagination... i just find working digitally more clean looking, I do pencil, and very good i might add... but i want to put them in color and digital, but all i have to work with is gay Paint.

14 Re: BlackLite's Art. on Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:18 pm

Can you give me a link to download that Gimp2 program? and btw, i have a great imagination... i just find working digitally more clean looking, I do pencil, and very good i might add... but i want to put them in color and digital, but all i have to work with is gay Paint.

next time use the google. It ain't that difficult.
http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html

When I said mind I didn't only mean imagintion.....ofcoure it's needed. But do you understand three dimensionality of basic shapes and even the more complex? And the
way lightsource affects shape?
Don't say you do 'cause when I took a look at your recent artwork we both know the truth.
Convincing yourself that you're good or at least decent annihilates the hunger to become better.
And don't mind my harsh way of speaking. I'm just one of thouse people who like cold truth more than warm lie. XD

View user profile

15 Re: BlackLite's Art. on Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:15 am

[quote="Lycan"]

next time use the google. It ain't that difficult.
http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html

When I said mind I didn't only mean imagintion.....ofcoure it's needed. But do you understand three dimensionality of basic shapes and even the more complex? And the
way lightsource affects shape?
Don't say you do 'cause when I took a look at your recent artwork we both know the truth.
Convincing yourself that you're good or at least decent annihilates the hunger to become better.
And don't mind my harsh way of speaking. I'm just one of thouse people who like cold truth more than warm lie. XD[/quote

k, thanks

16 Re: BlackLite's Art. on Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:56 pm

btw, on the contrary, im VERY skilled at shading (light source shading) just lately ive been trying to do a style that is just quick and easy. reason why? Because i spend to much time on shading and detail that i got frustrated with the time i wasted, that i wanted to take a break... im about to upload a new pic on my topic that i did alot of shading.
(btw, u cant really give advice about shading when you dont do shading at all. the only shadeing you did do in one of your pictures was the first one, and you had light illuminating from the lines on her, unless its saposed to look like that. i still love your work, just dont "assume") ^-^

17 Re: BlackLite's Art. on Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:16 pm

I feel that mellows are being harshed in here.

View user profile

18 Re: BlackLite's Art. on Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:20 pm

eh, maby... idk. I just dont like insults, i mean critiquing is ONE thing, but that was hitting below the belt.

19 Re: BlackLite's Art. on Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:05 am

(btw, u cant really give advice about shading when you dont do shading at all. the only shadeing you did do in one of your pictures was the first one, and you had light illuminating from the lines on her, unless its saposed to look like that. i still love your work, just dont "assume") ^-^

Look at mah gallery you must. X) http://lycan90.deviantart.com/gallery/
First pic here was a stupid test....never gonna do that again. XD

I feel that mellows are being harshed in here.
Ooh, but thats a moar interesting! XD

i mean critiquing is ONE thing, but that was hitting below the belt.

A hit in da face! XP

View user profile

20 Re: BlackLite's Art. on Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:02 am

Moar stuff!

This one down is a speed color practise I made out of boredom...
Recorded time 5 minutes and with mouse only.....daayum, it was hard. DX

View user profile

21 Re: BlackLite's Art. on Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:50 am

Ha! You censored her! I'd probably post a lot more nudity if I could censor it.

View user profile

22 Re: BlackLite's Art. on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:21 pm

Lazy one color background 'cause Imma lazy. XD

View user profile

23 Re: BlackLite's Art. on Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:38 am

Long time no see,eh?
Anyway here's one of my official pinup girls called Jessica. XD

And pic of my so-called alternate pesonality The BlackLite

View user profile

24 Re: BlackLite's Art. on Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:05 am

Some little updates,
Working on 100 Digital Challenge to hone my skill at it. Moar info here http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/1468191/ (This link takes you to my journal,but gallery contains some NSFW stuff)

Example of 100 DC pic

last smoke......I try to quit it.

Commissiond work.

View user profile

25 Re: BlackLite's Art. on Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:14 am

I have no idea why, but your breast/shoulder combo really... well doesn't do it for me. I don't know how to explain it. Maybe the shoulders are too raised/broad for a female and it is skewering my perception of their breasts. Then again, it is your style.

Also, hooded guy reminded me of a l4d Hunter. +1 awesomeness.

View user profile

26 Re: BlackLite's Art. Today at 11:47 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next