Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trouble Afoot? (27/9/12)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Trouble Afoot? (27/9/12) on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:03 pm

Re.: New Battle Bunnies Page

This is probably just me but I really don't like the look of those lizard-man traders. I can't see why Jack would give them such an atmospheric picture to themselves with such shifty expressions if they weren't something plot-driving. Maybe not everyone is happy with the status quo and is ready to do violent things to disrupt it?

View user profile

2 Re: Trouble Afoot? (27/9/12) on Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:26 am

BenRG wrote:Re.: New Battle Bunnies Page

This is probably just me but I really don't like the look of those lizard-man traders. I can't see why Jack would give them such an atmospheric picture to themselves with such shifty expressions if they weren't something plot-driving. Maybe not everyone is happy with the status quo and is ready to do violent things to disrupt it?

Actually, I must admit the old version was cooler

View user profile

3 Re: Trouble Afoot? (27/9/12) on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:28 am

I think it's obvious they're the standard villain trope bad guys. But I'll bet there'll be characters on the other side who are just as bad. Black and white morality probably won't exist here.

View user profile

4 Re: Trouble Afoot? (27/9/12) on Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:02 pm

cenaris wrote:I think it's obvious they're the standard villain trope bad guys. But I'll bet there'll be characters on the other side who are just as bad. Black and white morality probably won't exist here.

Fifty shades of grey? Smile

View user profile

5 Re: Trouble Afoot? (27/9/12) on Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:05 pm

Yeah, I'm not anticipating obvious 'good' or 'bad' guys, at least on the broadest scales and in terms of the leaders. A situation like this, with a neutral/profiteer nation trying to maintain its security and prosperity in the middle of a war between its two neighbours and primary trading partners is only ever going to be a grey-on-grey fight. FWIW, though, the primary characters are likely to be a lot more clearly defined into 'Good' 'Neutral' and 'Evil' tropes in all three sub-categories. Expect the Westlanders to be varieties of Good and possibly Lawful Neutral. The antagonists will be a variety of Neutral and Evil and I suspect that interesting tigerman plotter in today's strip will be either True Neutral or Lawful Evil.

By the way, I suspect those individuals that I identified represent a 'wild-card', either being introduced by one of the Big Three or from a previous minor player who's looking to boost their own position by destabilising the balance between the Big Three. They certainly don't look like members of the three primary races, which is what makes me think 'outsider agent provocateurs'.

View user profile

6 Re: Trouble Afoot? (27/9/12) on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:48 pm

Oh come ON!

I leave for a week and JJ starts an ENTIRE new comic

Im not complaining, but maybe I should leave more often. At least I can have a bit more time to do homework that way.

View user profile

7 Re: Trouble Afoot? (27/9/12) on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:53 am

"What they want, we must have."

Well, in today's page, we learn that there is a McGuffin in the most orthodox sense of the word. They don't even fully know what the darn thing is but, to spite their enemies, they'll try and get it anyway. At least this guy is smart enough to hire a mercenary so, if it turns out to be some kind of bioweapon like the Xenomorphs from the Alien movies, it will only take out paid contractors, not his countrymen.

View user profile

8 Re: Trouble Afoot? (27/9/12) on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:27 pm

And thus the great quest began!

View user profile

9 Re: Trouble Afoot? (27/9/12) on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:54 pm

Really shouldn't be trying to read this like a manga... Makes no sense at all if I try to read panels/speech right-to-left...

View user profile

10 Re: Trouble Afoot? (27/9/12) Today at 6:16 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum