Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cousins do that...

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Cousins do that... on Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:35 am

I think we don't need to know more about that, Pip...

View user profile

2 Re: Cousins do that... on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:05 am

View user profile http://www.airpatrolonline.net

3 Re: Cousins do that... on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:29 am

Pip's "cousins do that" face is adorable!

View user profile

4 Re: Cousins do that... on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:51 am

Cousin?....Cousin!?....Cousin!!!? That dude is a freaking wolf, man! How in the hell does that even work!? Mad

And Pip needs to stop watching Jerry Springer. Shocked

View user profile

5 Re: Cousins do that... on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:57 am

If they can make a movie about the subject that stars Elvis, I'mma go ahead and say it aint that big a deal.

Also:

View user profile

6 Re: Cousins do that... on Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:07 am

Pip is being weird again.

Love Kat's expression - I know that eyes don't work this way, but it's so amusing.

View user profile

7 Re: Cousins do that... on Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:54 am

Today, Kat learnt something about Pip that she could have happily spent a lifetime not knowing. Laughing

View user profile

8 Re: Cousins do that... on Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:04 pm

Oh, Pip's still in the denial stage.
Don't worry though, he's (supposedly) Scottish; he'll snap into an unquenchable, bloodthirsty anger, obliterating all that stands before him in a raging river of fury.

View user profile

9 Re: Cousins do that... on Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:05 pm

Now would be a good time for Kat to walk away from all this.

Really really fast.

View user profile

10 Re: Cousins do that... on Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:47 pm

I wonder if those "good time gloria" pics are still around. Now's a good time to make them viral. And if pip's so fucking deep in denial, let him burn with hilary.

View user profile

11 Re: Cousins do that... on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:01 am

vevans0009 wrote:Cousin?....Cousin!?....Cousin!!!? That dude is a freaking wolf, man! How in the hell does that even work!? Mad
He was adopted? Shocked

Moonman wrote:Also:

Typical Pip, but if I may be so bold as to suggest an alternate version. tongue

extraintelligence wrote:Don't worry though, he's (supposedly) Scottish....
Actually, I think he's Egyptian. As you and several others have noted, he's in de Nile.

View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/roadstripe/index.htm

12 Re: Cousins do that... on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:28 am

not being funny, but cousins do do that. cousins can marry and have kids and everything fine. it's siblings that shouldn't and have legal restrictions on it. inter-marriage between cousins is actually a good thing for the genepool because of something called the Founder's Effect. It helps beneficial mutations gets established.

Kat is such a prude!

View user profile

13 Re: Cousins do that... on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:28 am

*looks up 'denial' and 'ignorance' in the dictionary*

*finds a picture of Pip beneath both*

View user profile

14 Re: Cousins do that... on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:43 am

Where the hell did you grow up, Pip?

View user profile

15 Re: Cousins do that... on Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:34 am

My Kat is rather 'prominent' in this weeks strip.

I almost didn't notice Pip being a tool.

View user profile

16 Re: Cousins do that... on Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:44 am

PennyR wrote:not being funny, but cousins do do that. cousins can marry and have kids and everything fine. it's siblings that shouldn't and have legal restrictions on it. inter-marriage between cousins is actually a good thing for the genepool because of something called the Founder's Effect. It helps beneficial mutations gets established.

Kat is such a prude!

Legality and cultural acceptance vary massively from country to country and region to region. And those regions where it is not the norm tend to look at those where it is with extreme suspicion and distaste.

The Founder's Effect may benefit the species as a whole if the species has plenty of alternate non-cousin breeding members, but for the majority of the offspring of such unions it's a lot less pleasant. That which establishes/magnifies/protects beneficial mutations also (by exactly the same mechanisms) enhances the odds of active negative mutations in a somewhat lesser, but still significant, manner to the "six-toed one-eyed hillbilly" sibling offspring effect.

View user profile http://cityofsteam.com/

17 Re: Cousins do that... on Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:48 am

TheGreatHibiki wrote:My Kat is rather 'prominent' in this weeks strip.

Is there a reason kats cans are so prominent here? Not that I really mind ,it just seems...out of place here or like its being forced.

View user profile

18 Re: Cousins do that... on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:06 am

Probably because she arched her back.

I miss Kat's norks...

View user profile

19 Re: Cousins do that... on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:27 am

CyberCorn Entropic wrote:
Typical Pip, but if I may be so bold as to suggest an alternate version. tongue

I chose that particular pose because it so clearly was in reference to the meme that inspired it:

I actually was considering taking Kat out of the picture entirely for that reason. Kept it cause...dat expression!

View user profile

20 Re: Cousins do that... on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:34 am

not_cenaris wrote:Probably because she arched her back.

I miss Kat's norks...
She obviously stopped stuffing tissue in her bra...

View user profile

21 Re: Cousins do that... on Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:47 pm

Moonman wrote:I chose that particular pose because it so clearly was in reference to the meme that inspired it:

I actually was considering taking Kat out of the picture entirely for that reason. Kept it cause...dat expression!
Ah. Sorry, my mistake then. I'm ignorant of most memes anyway.

View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/roadstripe/index.htm

22 Re: Cousins do that... on Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:34 am

EmfinnFZ wrote:
PennyR wrote:not being funny, but cousins do do that. cousins can marry and have kids and everything fine. it's siblings that shouldn't and have legal restrictions on it. inter-marriage between cousins is actually a good thing for the genepool because of something called the Founder's Effect. It helps beneficial mutations gets established.

Kat is such a prude!

Legality and cultural acceptance vary massively from country to country and region to region. And those regions where it is not the norm tend to look at those where it is with extreme suspicion and distaste.

The Founder's Effect may benefit the species as a whole if the species has plenty of alternate non-cousin breeding members, but for the majority of the offspring of such unions it's a lot less pleasant. That which establishes/magnifies/protects beneficial mutations also (by exactly the same mechanisms) enhances the odds of active negative mutations in a somewhat lesser, but still significant, manner to the "six-toed one-eyed hillbilly" sibling offspring effect.

Marrying between parents in the long term (time span of generation) reduces variety between genes. Nobles in the past were all related in some ways, for example, and some genetical illnesses were typical of nobles due to this.

By the way, having a relationship with your cousin can be seen as good or bad independently. Is only a problem of morale.

View user profile

23 Re: Cousins do that... Today at 11:38 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum