Riikano-Alinaris wrote:Thanks for the answer! Another background thing: how are they related? Are they sisters?
rpx wrote:1) Are you planing on killing off Pip?
2) Will Hilary make out with Kat?
3) Will Violet slowly be replacing Pip?
4)Who is your favorite Ninja turtle?
5)Have you Played Anarchy Reigns?
1 - Everybody dies.
2 - Didn't they already?
3 - She's not going to mutate into a penguin, no.
4 - Donatello.
5 - no.
zombiepancakes wrote:A couple questions for you, Phillip
1. Does it bother you that I called you Phillip?
2. Did you ever go to an art school to learn to draw the way you do?
3. Have you ever tried sculpture?
4. Some say a picture is worth a thousand words, and at 20 frames per second, what could be better than a video - why don't you uplpad to YouTube more?
5. Is selling your books such as the SA books and Little Victory your only source of income, or do you have a job on the side?
6. To a British person… what the hell does cheeky mean?!
1 - I prefer "Batman".
2 - I studied Graphic Design and Advertising Illustration at college, but my style was self-taught.
3 - Yes. And I suck.
4 - Because I can write a thousand words faster than I can animate.
6 - Slightly rude.
Auroralikethesunrise wrote:Who is philip?
I want to start a web comic but my biggest fear is starting one and then not updating like a good person should. What helps you stay regular?
Where do you do your work?
Do you work from life, or from photographs or from imagination?
What moves you most in life, either to inspire or upset you?
Where do you feel art is going?
What is the role of the artist in society?
What is the palce of your work in society?
What technique do you use?
Which is more important to you, the subject of your painting, or the way it is executed?
Do you prefer a perfect smooth technique or a more energetic expressive technique and why?
Finally, and most importantly...
Why do you feel your artwork is so beautiful? I have my reasons for liking your work but why do you like it?
also...out of silly curiosity, why is there no word wrap on this thing?
- I am.
- Plenty of fibre.
- From home.
- A bit of both.
- To paying customers.....hopefully.
- Depends on what the artist wants to do. I'm just here to entertain.
- Both in equal measure.
- I like a controlled technique for large scale projects, such as comics, as I find it easier to correct errors and mistakes.
- I just have fun drawing it.
Hells-Reaver wrote:Will there be another Sequential Art comic book coming out soon? Or maybe another sketchbook?
Yes, to both.
cenaris wrote:How do you do coloured outlines? I've been trying and because of how I've been colouring, it doesn't look right.
I use photoshop to do it. Create a "clipping mask" above your lineart layer and add the colour to that. It overlays onto your linework.
Xan wrote:Hey JJ
There is something that I found odd, it seems like Kat is missing her pupils most of the time. Is there any outlining reason for that, or am I just missing something?
Does catnip affect Kat in anyway?
And is there any chance that Kat's dad will make an appearance in the comic in the foreseeable future? And does he have a name? Judging by the sketch of him you did, his chosen profession might quite possible be photography, though I could be wrong.
- Pure green eyes are just part of her design.
- Most likely, but there are no plans set.
1. How do you determine that there is a need for an update? Because for now it looks like "once, twice a week at best" but not set days or dates.
2. Do you get profit from SA besides selling books (which are being released less than frequently)?
3. What actually motivates you doing this webcomic? What is your attitude towards it?
4. How's Vicky doing? Issue 4 when?
5. Any approximate date for Battle Bunnies project release?
6. I want to make you a little bit happier(more productive*) and I am not japanese - will you sell something new that I will actually be able to hold in hands? Or even digital (besides Apsara)?
7. Any other ways to make you happier(more productive*)?
8. Dot Zombie 2.5 dissapeared from lulu - could you upload it somewhere, please?
1/2 - As I've said before; I work on SA when I can. As a FREE webcomic, it's not a major earner, and I have bills to pay.
3 - I do it because I like the characters.
4 - I wanted to get the entire thing finished this year, but life kept getting in the way.
5 - 2012
6 - It takes time to make this stuff, and that's what I'm doing.
7 - Yes. You can stop using irritating/neurotic lines like "you forgot to update your comic this week".
8 - It was removed months, if not years ago. There's a link to it in one of my recent DevArt journals.