Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

There's Naive and Then There's Bloody Stupid

+17
The Old Wolf
indrejue
Xudmud
Bunyip
EOCostello
Sylentknight
GdoubleWB
DarkAngel
Nighthawke
Auroralikethesunrise
Vordreller
vevans0009
not_cenaris
Ganthan
cenaris
EmfinnFZ
BenRG
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

BenRG

BenRG

There's Naive and Then There's Bloody Stupid SA_0795_small
I really think that Pip is beginning to stray dangerously into the Godfather's "people asking to be killed" territory. I mean, yeah, she's pretty and he wouldn't normally stand a chance but her behaviour is practically a walking, talking cliché of betrayal. How long will it take before the penny drops?

If ever? Laughing

By the way, that knock-out drug, does it have any occular effects on birds? It might explain his improved sight if he is being dosed heavily with a eye drug with secondary sedative properties.

EmfinnFZ

Is it bad that in his shoes I'd still obey her merest whim as if it were a command from on high?

http://cityofsteam.com/

cenaris

cenaris

I still maintain she fucked him once to get him on her side and then just knocks him out with pills to make him think he's doing a good job.

This is actually quite dark for Sequential Art.

EmfinnFZ

cenaris wrote:This is actually quite dark for Sequential Art.

Slave trading, mental rewiring to cause phobias to make the victims more controllable, mass slaughter, genocide by death ray (narrowly averted), cattle mutilation, warfare with the deaths of unnumbered sentients...

And giving an undeserving dweeb the best week of his life is dark?

Priorities man, priorities. Razz

cenaris

cenaris

EmfinnFZ wrote:

Slave trading, mental rewiring to cause phobias to make the victims more controllable, mass slaughter, genocide by death ray (narrowly averted), cattle mutilation, warfare with the deaths of unnumbered sentients...

Not really. Date raping some guy to manipulate him to conduct a little benefits cheating is way darker by comparison.

EmfinnFZ

Hrm. Panel three, flouncing out... Am I imagining things or could the apple-butt-bunny in the recent doodles blortch on DA have been a prototype for this pose?

Ganthan

Another interactive strip I see, because I had to look up what Rohypnol was. Here is some interesting data from Wikipedia:

Wikipedia wrote:The use of flunitrazepam in combination with alcohol synergizes the adverse effects, and can lead to toxicity and death.

She gave this to him with WINE.

Wikipedia wrote:Flunitrazepam is known to induce anterograde amnesia in sufficient doses; individuals are unable to remember certain events that they experienced while under the influence of the drug. This effect is particularly dangerous when flunitrazepam is used to aid in the commission of sexual assault; victims may be unable to clearly recall the assault, the assailant, or the events surrounding the assault.

Now this is ironic, considering she's using it to get out of sex with him.

Wikipedia wrote:Flunitrazepam impairs cognitive functions. This may appear as lack of concentration, confusion and anterograde amnesia. It can be described as a hangover-like effect, with impairment of mental arithmetic abilities.

Other adverse effects include:

Slurred speech
Gastrointestinal disturbances, lasting 12 or more hours/Vomiting
Respiratory depression in higher doses

Allow me to say it again: What a massive thundercunt.

Wikipedia wrote:In the United Kingdom, the drug is available only by private prescription. Though Rohypnol was discontinued in 1986, Flunitrazepam use is still present in modern culture; among other uses, it is used in some hospitals to sedate patients undergoing colonoscopy.

So how the hell is she getting this stuff then?

not_cenaris

not_cenaris

This is actually quite dark for Sequential Art.

Yes.

Also, where did the funny go? Why 6 out of 7 last strips(789, 790, 792, 793 , 794, 795) have no jokes in them? Is JJ depressed or something? Why the arc that started so awesome devolved into this?

Last edited by not_cenaris on Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total

cenaris

cenaris

Ganthan wrote:

So how the hell is she getting this stuff then?

It's a stock "joke" drug reserved for controversial gags. Could be named anything but will be culturally referred to as "Rohypnol"

vevans0009

vevans0009

You almost got caught Ms. bunny slut! Next time you will not be so lucky! Mad

Vordreller

Rohypnol! For all your evil schemes.

Auroralikethesunrise

Auroralikethesunrise

...don't feel bad pip. i give people i care about benefit of the doubt too...

https://www.facebook.com/Briar0Rose

Nighthawke

Nighthawke

He'll look it up sooner or later, then all Hades will break loose.
I hope.

DarkAngel

DarkAngel

Well, so much for the "Simply can't hold his liquor theory" *shrugs*

cenaris wrote:
EmfinnFZ wrote:

Not really. Date raping some guy to manipulate him to conduct a little benefits cheating is way darker by comparison.
Slave trading: I believe that Pip didn't really think that through & would probabily never try it again, seeing as how he obviously cares for Scarlet now ("They hurt Scarlet. They. Must. PAY").

Cattle mutilation: A common "Alien visitor" joke. Besides, unless there was something that indicated the cows were still alive when their lips were taken, it's no darker than fryng up a steak.

Everything else is standard for a action-adventure storyline & shouldn't be nitpicked

EXCEPT...

Mental rewiring: Loving the Quad as much as I do, this has always pissed me off. How much has those 3 missed out on because some douchebag scientists didn't see them as people Mad

And when you think about it, it's closer to the literal definition of "rape" than anything that's happened in this arc.

GdoubleWB

GdoubleWB

AND THE GLOVES COME OFF!

Sylentknight

Sylentknight

Well, somebody scoot over and give me a seat on the "Hilary is a vile bitch" Bandwagon.
-Edit-

I had a rant, and then I remembered that it's just a comic. Still, after some thought I realized that Pip is not likely to press charges or do anything that would lead to possible public humiliation. If we are going to see any justice, and that's a big if, I have to wonder how very terrible it may be. If Kat extracts revenge I'd expect a straight out fight. If it's Pip, I expect something dastardly that leaves Hilary holding the bag. And if it's Scarlet and/or the Squirl Girls...we don't know how they would react to one of their friends being hurt...that may be the most terrifying thing of all.

Last edited by Sylentknight on Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

EOCostello

I believe that Inevitable Nemesis will soon be nigh. The Silver Ring believes the odds favour the most the concept of roofies ending up in the bunny's beverage, possibly as a result of the old switch game. Thus allowing the bunny to wake up in a situation that will sear her soul. Or what there is of it.

Sylentknight

Sylentknight

You're right. Having her wake up in the middle of some very public place without a stitch of clothing, no ID, and miles from her apartment sounds satisfactory.
Now just where would be best?

EOCostello

Sylentknight wrote:You're right. Having her wake up in the middle of some very public place without a stitch of clothing, no ID, and miles from her apartment sounds satisfactory.

Bognor Regis?

Bunyip

EOCostello wrote:
Sylentknight wrote:You're right. Having her wake up in the middle of some very public place without a stitch of clothing, no ID, and miles from her apartment sounds satisfactory.

Bognor Regis?

Scarlet and co's tiefigther on autopilot heading into deep space.

Bunyip

Or did the Denziens make the Tie fighter?

Xudmud

Xudmud

Oh, JJ, way to take my theory of Pip not holding his liquor and flat out disprove it.

That said, what happens if she gets the glasses of drink mixed up? And all of a sudden it's her lying unconscious when the doorbell rings?

indrejue

indrejue

notice she did not drink last time. I think she spiked the whole bottle so that it was a bit more diluted so as not to kill.

The Old Wolf

The Old Wolf

OK, so Hillary is slipping Pip roofers. The Date Rape drug, or in this case, the no-sex drug. Pip's adventure reminds me of the tale of the scorpion and the crocodile... although my favorite ending to that story is "Because it's Africa," the more commonly-heard one is, "You knew what I was before you let me climb upon your back." Pip's going to be pretty shaken when he comes to his senses, but he should, in retrospect, have no illusions about what Hillary is. The leopard can't change his spots.

GdoubleWB

GdoubleWB

Bunyip wrote:
EOCostello wrote:

Bognor Regis?

Scarlet and co's tiefigther on autopilot heading into deep space.

Think more hostile. How 'bout Fallujah?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum