Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Was it good for you?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Was it good for you? on Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:28 am


Damn, is this what she did last time? Is pip still a virgin maybe?

View user profile

2 Re: Was it good for you? on Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:33 am

Where does he get the energy? From THE FORCE!

View user profile

3 Re: Was it good for you? on Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:47 am

So Pip's improved eyesight is a weird side effect of the knockout drugs she's giving him? That might explain why his eyesight improved after the first time, because THIS happened the first time. She never banged him at all.

But I still don't get why she's even doing this in the first place. This whole routine is just so he'll cover for her during the work days? She can't just be banging her wolf during the day if she's risking Pip waking up from his drugs so she can bang her wolf (hopefully we'll learn his name at some point) then as well.

So I guess this still leaves the ever lingering question: What is Hilary up to during working hours that justifies all this cloak and dagger bullshit?

View user profile

4 Re: Was it good for you? on Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:21 am

This is confusing.

View user profile

5 Re: Was it good for you? on Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:51 am

This is the weirdest inversion of the date rape concept I have ever seen...prolly cause it's the only inversion of the date rape concept I've ever seen.

View user profile

6 Re: Was it good for you? on Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:57 am

Not the brightest idea on her part, to walk up to him in a huge man's shirt that is no way Pip's size.

Though, I can be wrong - JJ's art style makes it difficult to tell. Mainly I am judging by the sleeves, which are deffinitely not female sized.

View user profile

7 Re: Was it good for you? on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:12 am

not_cenaris wrote:Not the brightest idea on her part, to walk up to him in a huge man's shirt that is no way Pip's size.

Though, I can be wrong - JJ's art style makes it difficult to tell. Mainly I am judging by the sleeves, which are deffinitely not female sized.

Nope, that's a TALL man's shirt alright.

Ganthan wrote:So Pip's improved eyesight is a weird side effect of the knockout drugs she's giving him? That might explain why his eyesight improved after the first time, because THIS happened the first time. She never banged him at all.

I doubt that. In contrast to this strip, Pip's eyes are WIDE open in the other one, so my guess is that he was awake during the first time (and therefore not a virgin anymore). I don't think there was a second time though.

BTW, I really like the idea of Pip's glasses having a significance in terms of his mentality/geekiness and that sometime in the future they will reappear.

View user profile

8 Re: Was it good for you? on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:14 am

Ganthan wrote:So Pip's improved eyesight is a weird side effect of the knockout drugs she's giving him? That might explain why his eyesight improved after the first time, because THIS happened the first time. She never banged him at all.

But I still don't get why she's even doing this in the first place. This whole routine is just so he'll cover for her during the work days? She can't just be banging her wolf during the day if she's risking Pip waking up from his drugs so she can bang her wolf (hopefully we'll learn his name at some point) then as well.

So I guess this still leaves the ever lingering question: What is Hilary up to during working hours that justifies all this cloak and dagger bullshit?

I think she banged him the first time. In the comic we see that Pip was blatantly awake during the whole thing. Afterwards we can assume drugging became routine.

The other points still stand though. Where is she going during the day.

View user profile

9 Re: Was it good for you? on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:38 am

Wait, what?
So she drugs him, shaggs another bloke and acts like they had sex on the morning after? Why? What the hell is she planning?

View user profile http://www.airpatrolonline.net

10 Re: Was it good for you? on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:43 am

I see what's happening here. It's quite simple really: She fucked him once to get him on her side. After that she either drugs him or he can't hold his poison, and she fucks the wolf and lets him think he's a stallion. Then she can make him cover for her while she does what she wants during shifts. I don't think it's anymore complicated than that. She's just an opportunist. She's probably fucking someone else behind the wolf's back too and putting in the same place as Pip.

Maneater mechanics 101 lesson adjourned.

View user profile

11 Re: Was it good for you? on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:22 am

yiangos wrote:BTW, I really like the idea of Pip's glasses having a significance in terms of his mentality/geekiness and that sometime in the future they will reappear.

Maybe. JJ never really struck me as the kind of artist to do shit like that, though.

cenaris wrote:She's probably fucking someone else behind the wolf's back too and putting in the same place as Pip.

I think the wolf is either in on this or knows about it but doesn't care. He walked RIGHT by Pip passed out on the couch. It's possible that he was so lustful of Hilary leading him by the tie that he just didn't notice Pip there, but it seems unlikely. In any event I don't think this wolf is gonna be characterized much more than this, since he doesn't seem to serve any purpose in the comic other than as a set of muscles for Hilary to hang off of, as we saw in Kat's nightmare/flashback.

View user profile

12 Re: Was it good for you? on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:43 am

Ganthan wrote:
yiangos wrote:BTW, I really like the idea of Pip's glasses having a significance in terms of his mentality/geekiness and that sometime in the future they will reappear.

Maybe. JJ never really struck me as the kind of artist to do shit like that, though.

Yeah, you're probably right. I would like at least to see an explanation of why the glasses came off or why they were on in the first place though; no matter how many unrealistic events have occurred in the strip, none have gone by without an explanation of some sort (no matter how improbable), and the "I lost my virginity so now I can see" doesn't seem to cut it (well, at least for now).

Ganthan wrote:

I think the wolf is either in on this or knows about it but doesn't care. He walked RIGHT by Pip passed out on the couch. It's possible that he was so lustful of Hilary leading him by the tie that he just didn't notice Pip there, but it seems unlikely. In any event I don't think this wolf is gonna be characterized much more than this, since he doesn't seem to serve any purpose in the comic other than as a set of muscles for Hilary to hang off of, as we saw in Kat's nightmare/flashback.

The wolf is definitely in on this. Hell, he probably helped Hillary move Pip from the couch to the bedroom after they fucked (and took the steamy shower shown in the related Apsara comic afterwards). Also, I don't think we've seen the last of him, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was still in the house, lurking - I wouldn't be surprised if Hillary has some plan for scaring, mentally scarring or physically hurting Pip (or any combination of the three) so as to get to Kat (in her mind, at least), and the wolf plays an instrumental role in this plan.

View user profile

13 Re: Was it good for you? on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:45 am

All I got to say on this is:


That Bitch. Evil or Very Mad

View user profile

14 Re: Was it good for you? on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:56 am

OMG! Pip in tighty-wighties! Cant un-seeeeeeeeee!

View user profile

15 Re: Was it good for you? on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:32 pm

I think Pip's improved eyes can be explained in three simple words: Best... screw... EVER!! Smile

As for the current strip, I'm sure Hilary's up to something a bit more dastardly than skipping work. Who knows what she and the wolf might have done while he was passed out (apart from the obvious)? Maybe she's trying to get back at him for exposing her porno past to Kat by taking lewd photos of him with the wolf and posting them online?
Not the best theory, I know, but it's fun to try and guess what will happen. Smile

View user profile

16 Re: Was it good for you? on Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:18 pm

Contrast wrote:Maybe she's trying to get back at him for exposing her porno past to Kat by taking lewd photos of him with the wolf and posting them online?
Not the best theory, I know, but it's fun to try and guess what will happen. Smile


Oooooh, you got something there!

View user profile

17 Re: Was it good for you? on Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:43 pm

yiangos wrote:
Contrast wrote:Maybe she's trying to get back at him for exposing her porno past to Kat by taking lewd photos of him with the wolf and posting them online?
Not the best theory, I know, but it's fun to try and guess what will happen. Smile


Oooooh, you got something there!

It's the Novelist's Curse.

View user profile

18 Re: Was it good for you? on Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:13 pm

The problem is, the one who did that to her was Art (Would she or does she know it was Pip who found the photos of her? doubtful, all he did was mention her porn name and then his relation to Kat came out later. That may be enough for the bunny but for some reason I doubt it.), and the only thing this 'relationship' is doing to both Art and Kat is making them think of bleaching their gray matter white to remove the thoughts of children between the two.

No I am rather baffled by Hilary's actions here. I can't see her angle at all. Pip's sadly all to easy to read.

View user profile

19 Re: Was it good for you? on Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:42 pm

yiangos wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Hilary has some plan for scaring, mentally scarring or physically hurting Pip (or any combination of the three) so as to get to Kat
This makes sense. After all, this was her motivation in tormenting Art way back when.

Despite being constantly put off by Pip's...flaws, I think Kat does see him as a friend & cares about him (they have been roomies for quite a few years now). At least I don't she wants to see him hurt.

But physically hurt? I doubt JJ will let it become that dark. No most likely Hilary'll just keep toying with him until he's no longer useful & then simply dump him a have a great big laugh at his pain (& Kat's rage) like the self-centered loveless c*nt that she is.

And while I'm on that subject:
Nighthawke wrote:That Bitch. Evil or Very Mad
Agreed. Concured. Supported. Seconded. Thirded.

........which is why I am utterly ashamed to say (for the second time):

Dat third panel.

No I'm not proud Crying or Very sad

View user profile

20 Re: Was it good for you? on Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:17 pm

Im OCD in just the way I notice almost every uneven/lopsided thing I see. So I can't help but point out that pip is either:

A. horribly uneven

B. has something in his tighty-whiteys that is not normal

C. happy for some unknown reason

D. None of the above

View user profile

21 Re: Was it good for you? on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:31 pm

It makes me silently ponder which of below scenarious will occur once the inevitable epic-like showdown between Pip and Hilary occurs:

- 1: Pip unfolds an untold fury and enacts a noisy, bitter-sweet revenge on that contessa that will be heard throughout the 793 other strips.

- 2: He'll be like: "Despite the "heart"-ache, the drugs, the betrayal of trust and whatnot.. I got laid by a hot babe! Go me!"

I mean, if she burned his Alan Moore autographed "At Midnight, All the Agents…" limited 1987 edition #1 issue of "Watchmen", THEN I would be afraid to be in Hilaries shoes.
That's of course disregarding the potential threat that Kat will pose once its "curtains call"

*EDIT: 1986, of course.

View user profile http://flightofmighty.blogspot.dk/

22 Re: Was it good for you? on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:51 pm

DarkAngel wrote:Dat third panel.

Welcome to the club.

View user profile

23 Re: Was it good for you? on Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:16 am

And there we have it, the first panel. Pip appears to be slightly hungover.

View user profile

24 Re: Was it good for you? on Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:24 am

3rd panel...
Dat...

Yeah, what those guys said.

But, JJ, you do understand the need for another clarification image regarding presence or absence of knickers, right?

View user profile http://cityofsteam.com/

25 Re: Was it good for you? on Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:32 am

A penguin with a package is wrong on every conceivable level.

View user profile

26 Re: Was it good for you? Today at 8:31 pm

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum