Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Genealogy

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Genealogy on Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:32 pm

Have any of you ever researched your family history? Have you found anyone famous/interesting?

I have found that every US president is my cousin, I can boast King John of England, William The Conqueror, Charlemagne, Charles Martel, and the Comstock family as my ancestors.

View user profile

2 Re: Genealogy on Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:45 pm

You have no idea how I would want to know about my older ancestry. Unfortunately, during the fact that Poland was under 120 years of partitions between Prussia (now united with Germany), Russia and Austria and suffered on two World Wars, especially the second one wich Poles were targeted ubermenschen by Nazi Germany and over 40 years of communism lot's of geneaological evidences dissapeared.

As far as I know I'm somehow related to a polish romanticism painter wich name I won't give, because I bear the same one as him Very Happy. I've searched and found that my family branch had some relations to the guy, meaning some of my ancestors were nobles (polish szlachta), but as I can assume by my homelands, a very poor one.

View user profile http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

3 Re: Genealogy on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:49 pm

My Great Great Grandfather(Or something like that.) on my mother's side was the original inventor of the escalator. He was an elevator repairman. One day he was working in the elevator shaft and was accidentally crushed under the machinery. His wife, now widowed, sold the patent to a bigger company and made some money but,yeah! Very Happy

That's all I know, for now anyway.

View user profile

4 Re: Genealogy on Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:04 pm

One of my ancestors is Benjamin Franklin and another is Jesse James.

Just imagine what those two must have gotten up to. I mean, Franklin, he's an inventor, he's going to be really creative...

I'll stop now before I start disgusting myself by actually contemplating what I just typed.

But the first sentence is true.

View user profile

5 Re: Genealogy Today at 8:22 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum