Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Good Friends

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26 Re: Good Friends on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:44 pm

The line "WHAT IS THIS" was priceless

View user profile

27 Re: Good Friends on Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:24 pm

Xan wrote:Well, its been a while. Well, anyway....

Particleman wrote:Maybe. I don't know, I'm kind of torn on this. It could be both, after all- Hillary genuinely likes Pip, and the fact that she gets to torment Kat is a bonus.

I can see it going either that way, or Hillary is really using Pip JUST to torment Kat, or she's put it behind her after seeing where antagonism and being motivated by spite have left her- making minimum wage in a base-level managerial position at a secondhand store.

There's also the fact that Pip can now see without his glasses to consider, which is as yet unexplained.

I believe, like you said, Hillary really likes Pip, but the torment of Kat is just icing on the cake for her.
Also, judging what we know of Hillary and that she had high paying job, she most likely lived in a high priced condo before getting canned, and now with a minimum wage job she might need to find a cheaper place to live, perhaps rooming with Pip, which means a new housemate for the gang. Oh dear.

Though anyway, I'm more interested in Hillary's reaction when Pip tells her all about their exploits, no doubt in trying to impress her. Not only did Art and the gang saved the world twice, once from a shadowy mad-creature and from a psychotic A.I., they stopped an alien invasion(which was more of destroy Art driven). Let not forget that Kat quite possibly stopped a demonic apocalypse to boot.

This can go in many ways, on learning that Kat has been living a life of danger and excitement compared to her dull life, how will Hillary's perception of Kat change in light of all of this? It could either be bad or good. Time can only tell.
Plus, Hillary meeting the Think Tank will without a doubt going to be loads of funny.

I too think that Hilary being with Pip wasn't/isn't a plan, specially because I don't think she would sleep with pip just because of that... However, she being with Pip doesn't change the fact that she still doesn't like Kat, so she teases her whenever she's got the opportunity.

( I do hope this is the case, otherwhise... )

View user profile

28 Re: Good Friends on Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:25 am

TaoOfMike wrote:I kinda want this to be real with Pip happy... *braces for impact*

Why?

Why would anyone want anything but torment and misery for the freaky little wannabe slave trader?

View user profile http://cityofsteam.com/

29 Re: Good Friends on Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:29 am

Don't penguins mate for life....I know this is a cartoon but...what if that is the case for Pip.


Anyway I am interested in seeing where this all goes...worst case if hilary finding out what the think tank can do and exploiting their tech.

View user profile

30 Re: Good Friends on Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:36 am

the only one who acted as a bitch was Kat. She showed up, 'knowing' that Hilary would torture Pip. She was the one who hit Hilary.

View user profile

31 Re: Good Friends on Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:26 am

arminman wrote:the only one who acted as a bitch was Kat. She showed up, 'knowing' that Hilary would torture Pip. She was the one who hit Hilary.

Just a bit. A little revenge is allowed, isn't it?

arminman wrote:question: why does everybody assume that Hilary is evil? Or a bully?
There isn't much evidence to support that.

Strips 778 to 780.

wolfman-al wrote:Hah!
If she really would love Pip she would look at Pip while kissing him, but she looks at Kat, checking her reaction.

Agreed

wolfman-al wrote:
"At least Mussolini made the trains run on time!"

WHAT?

View user profile

32 Re: Good Friends on Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:41 am

wolfman-al wrote:Hah!
HAH!!!
I KNEW IT!!!
To quote Tim the Enchanter: "That rabbits got a mean streak a mile wide!".
Look at her face in panel 3! Just look at it! If she really would love Pip she would look at Pip while kissing him, but she looks at Kat, checking her reaction.
Yeah, panel 3 quite clearly gives it away. Also, the way she's talking about them being "reeeaaallly good friends" is just too obvious to miss Very Happy

View user profile

33 Re: Good Friends on Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:12 am

Thionez wrote:Also, the way she's talking about them being "reeeaaallly good friends" is just too obvious to miss
Nope, thats what Pip says. (also explains the love-heart above his head)

wolfman-al wrote:If she really would love Pip she would look at Pip while kissing him, but she looks at Kat, checking her reaction.
Why she looks at Kat? She is talking to her. You normally look to the person you talk to. Also Pip himself looks at Kat so it doesn't matter that Hilary is not looking at him.

I think Hilary really likes Pip. And she hasn't attacked Kat in any way in her last series of appearances (ignoring the flashbacks). I'm happy that this character gets character development so hang on and see where this is going, pretty sure jollyjack has a good plan.

View user profile

34 Re: Good Friends on Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:01 am

Hahahaha!! Oh, this comic makes me chuckle somewhat evilly.
I love Hilary's big, cute eyes. XD

I'm still rooting for the "Likes Pip, but also likes messing with Kat" team.
I think it fits best. She appreciates Pip being there and making her feel better, but she also knows perfectly well what Kat's reaction will be. So it's a double win for Hilary.

I absolutely believe people can change, for the best AND for the worst.
Saying that Hilary can NEVER be good since she's always been bad, is like saying someone will never been bad when they've always been good. That's just a silly way of thinking and it's disproven all the time. An ex-con has an epiphany and straightens up. An upstanding citizen gets the temptation to do something evil for personal gain. You can hit rock bottom and start climbing up. But you can also be at the top and dive to the bottom. Where you end up by the time you die is up to each individual person.

So yes, it is ENTIRELY possible for Hilary to take a turn for the better. It's not certain that she will, but saying it's impossible is just dumb.

View user profile http://www.shadobabe.deviantart.com

35 Re: Good Friends on Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:52 am

Riikano-Alinaris wrote:
arminman wrote:the only one who acted as a bitch was Kat. She showed up, 'knowing' that Hilary would torture Pip. She was the one who hit Hilary.

Just a bit. A little revenge is allowed, isn't it?

throwing your supposed friend in front of a train?
That is evil.

Riikano-Alinaris wrote:
arminman wrote:question: why does everybody assume that Hilary is evil? Or a bully?
There isn't much evidence to support that.

Strips 778 to 780.

and that is it? Some childhood playground quarrel? Which is told by Kat - who might leave out some important details?

View user profile

36 Re: Good Friends on Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:02 am

arminman wrote:and that is it? Some childhood playground quarrel? Which is told by Kat - who might leave out some important details?

Judging by Kat's and Hilary's realtionship and things done and said in past strips, I'm pretty sure that's not everything that happened between them.

View user profile

37 Re: Good Friends on Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:23 pm

arminman wrote:question: why does everybody assume that Hilary is evil? Or a bully?
There isn't much evidence to support that.
Isn't much evidence? page 34 - Hilary gets boys to go look up Kat's skirt - unprovoked, page 35 - she show embarassing photos of Kat at the reunion - unprovoked, page 168 she torments Art at work just because he is Kat's roomate and even says that's why she did it - unprovoked, page 625 - she lies about Kat and Vanity having fake ID's to stop them from getting into the club - unprovoked, page 629 - she tells the nice guy that Kat met that she is a post-op guy so she doesn't get to be with him - unprovoked, page 779 - she pushes Kat over as a child because she didn't get to have her moment of fame for having a lunchbox - unprovoked.

The only time Kat ever initiated with Hillary unprovoked is on page 115 where Kat throws the first punch. Every other incident with kat is only because of Hillary's actions first.
KAT is clearly the victim hear
http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net/t689-discussion-sequential-art-archive#15342 that little notebook is pretty useful for things like this

View user profile

38 Re: Good Friends on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:13 pm

you say unprovoked - but Kat has been shown to do evil acts. Maybe SHE was the bully back at school?

Panel 625 is dream sequence - so does say nothing about Hilary. Same for 629.

View user profile

39 Re: Good Friends on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:17 pm

Pip is one lucky penguin. But let's hope that he does not turn into a Badminton Birdie. Hillary's actions are one of provocation and testing, and it looks like Kat lost that round. It might get ugly for him from here on out at home, and he may have to move out and in with Hillary.

View user profile

40 Re: Good Friends on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:42 pm

arminman wrote:Kat has been shown to do evil acts.

Where, when? Do have any examples of her doing anything, or just her talking badly of Hillary? There is absolutely NO evidence of kat being a bully to Hillary ever in school. And all of those incidents WERE unprovoked, Kat has only acted in self defense except 115

View user profile

41 Re: Good Friends on Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:16 pm

One thing that I missed about Hilary’s personality: why is she evil, again? Her antagonism is coming from her hatred towards Kat and this is pretty much everything that we got to know about her before this arc. Now we're finding out that she is potentially very lonely and insecure, but again - – there are still tons of blank spots to fill with character traits and colours. Also:
- she creates an interesting contrast with the main cast because of her relationship with them: hate with Art and Kat, love with Pip and , God, I’m curious what with Scarlet and the rest of the Think Tank;
- A lot of great possibilities of hilarious character interactions. I love the main cast, but over the years they became quite predictable in how they will act toward each other and by themselves. Addition of a "“new"” character will add freshness to the comic, and create shifts in their own relationships. For example, how will Art-too-shy-to-ask-her-out and Kat-will-tease-but-not-too-much act while there are fatty penguin and hottie bunny being reeeeally good friends with each other all over around.
- I absolutely adore Jollyjack'’s mastery of creating loveable characters(A); Hilary still got a lot of blank spots in her personality(B). (A+B)*time= new amazing character in “gang”.
- A little surprise, but judging from the amount of topic views on forum, people actually care about this odd couple. Good to know that I am not alone in this.
- I’m genuinely curious how she will explain her hatred towards Kat, if she'll ever be confronted with this question.
- People love character development.


Overall, "Team “Yes we can change!"” here - – Hilary is a potentially awesome addition to the regular cast of characters. Turning this plot into generic "“oh no, that was just Hilary’s evil plan, Pip was used as a tool, no feelings were involved"” will be rather disappointing, yet I’m pretty sure that JJ is capable of turning even the ugliest and saddest turn of events into quality entertainment.

P.S. Happy Pip is the cutest thing ever. Fuck those glasses.

View user profile

42 Re: Good Friends on Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:58 pm

Allrighty then, so we have two teams now.
The considerate, inteligent realists from team "Don´t trust the fucking bunnywitch" and the naive, gullible, quixotic, starry-eyed idealists from team "She can change, she isn´t that bad".
Who will win? Only time and JJ will show.
Oh yeah, one word on how some people here try to make Kat the villian in this relationship. It reminds me disturbingly in those assholes how say that a woman deserved to be raped because she wore something sexy. Don´t try to turn the victim into the villian here, it makes you look bad.

View user profile http://www.airpatrolonline.net

43 Re: Good Friends on Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:45 pm

wolfman-al wrote:Allrighty then, so we have two teams now.
The considerate, inteligent realists from team "Don´t trust the fucking bunnywitch" and the naive, gullible, quixotic, starry-eyed idealists from team "She can change, she isn´t that bad".
Who will win? Only time and JJ will show.
Gotta love how you basically state, "Anyone that thinks differently from me is stupid." Fallacies, YAY!!

You forgot the team that I'm on (and that I think a lot of readers are on). The "She's a jerk and has not made a heel-face-turn, but could gradually change into less of a jerk as the story arc progresses" team.
How much she changes could vary. I highly doubt she will EVER be totally good. Like Art said, she's a troll. She loves messing with people. I would approve of a somewhat-but-not-total change for the better, with her staying friends with Pip, and her and Kat TOLLERATING each other, but they still find time to mess with and prank each other.

View user profile http://www.shadobabe.deviantart.com

44 Re: Good Friends on Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:42 pm

Again - we do NOT know if Hillary is "regulary" evil. She irrationally hates Kat and Art(who is always misjudged as Kat's boyfriend) but this is pretty much everything that we know about her personality. Oh, and she is naughty, vain and have no friends judging by her past and some of JJ's old pics. Again - it makes her a potentially difficult person to handle, but it DOESN'T make her evil. The only thing to "change" here is her relationship with Kat which will more like evolve into something a little bit complicated than "they just hate each other because of some stupid thing".

View user profile

45 Re: Good Friends on Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:31 am

ShadOBabe wrote:You forgot the team that I'm on (and that I think a lot of readers are on). The "She's a jerk and has not made a heel-face-turn, but could gradually change into less of a jerk as the story arc progresses" team.
How much she changes could vary. I highly doubt she will EVER be totally good. Like Art said, she's a troll. She loves messing with people. I would approve of a somewhat-but-not-total change for the better, with her staying friends with Pip, and her and Kat TOLLERATING each other, but they still find time to mess with and prank each other.
That would be the team I'm on as well. I honestly don't think it'll happen tho'.

While I believe that this "relationship" won't last, I also think that the possiblity of Hilary moving in - & thus becoming a regular cast member - has some potential.

Oh yeah, I just had a fun thought: If Hilary does choose to move in with Pip, then one must wonder just how...soundproof are the walls in that house? affraid

View user profile

46 Re: Good Friends on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:40 am

Another character in the house? It will become a little difficult to handle. Too much characters, less focus on each one, less fun. JJ did an amazing job to create a wonderful story with 7 characters, but adding another one... Well, maybe I just don't want to ruin the harmony created up to now.

View user profile

47 Re: Good Friends on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:52 am

zombiepancakes wrote:
arminman wrote:Kat has been shown to do evil acts.

Where, when? Do have any examples of her doing anything, or just her talking badly of Hillary? There is absolutely NO evidence of kat being a bully to Hillary ever in school. And all of those incidents WERE unprovoked, Kat has only acted in self defense except 115

apart from the re-union part where she starts insulting Hilary - who at that point has not done anything evil, Kat has done evil acts in the past. Remember shaving Art? Hitting Hilary? Microwaving savegame cards?

Kat isn't innocent and I would like to know how much of a bitch she was towards Hilary.

View user profile

48 Re: Good Friends on Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:24 am

Riikano-Alinaris wrote:Another character in the house? It will become a little difficult to handle. Too much characters, less focus on each one, less fun. JJ did an amazing job to create a wonderful story with 7 characters, but adding another one... Well, maybe I just don't want to ruin the harmony created up to now.
The "harmony", that you are talking about, was there for 3 years already.

Also, you forgot Leonard.

View user profile

49 Re: Good Friends on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:22 am

ShadOBabe wrote:I would approve of a somewhat-but-not-total change for the better, with her staying friends with Pip, and her and Kat TOLLERATING each other, but they still find time to mess with and prank each other.
Yeah, No.
I hope this will NOT happen because that sounds like the plot of a really shitty 1980s sitcom.

View user profile http://www.airpatrolonline.net

50 Re: Good Friends on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:38 am

not_сenaris wrote:
Riikano-Alinaris wrote:Another character in the house? It will become a little difficult to handle. Too much characters, less focus on each one, less fun. JJ did an amazing job to create a wonderful story with 7 characters, but adding another one... Well, maybe I just don't want to ruin the harmony created up to now.
The "harmony", that you are talking about, was there for 3 years already.

Also, you forgot Leonard.

Poor Leonard.

Well, "In Jollyjack we trust!"

View user profile

51 Re: Good Friends Today at 3:10 pm

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum