Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The threat of mind-numbing interview prep

+4
vevans0009
Moonman
BenRG
scienceguy8
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

scienceguy8

scienceguy8

The threat of mind-numbing interview prep SA_0771_small

Thankfully, never had to sit through one of those. However, considering I haven't had a steady job since my graduation 1 year and 3 days ago, maybe a little mind-numbing education on the subject wouldn't hurt too much.

http://www.gilberti-industries.com/

BenRG

BenRG

Well done, Hilary, you've learnt the first lesson of interviewing well. Lie. Then lie some more. You see, and I know that this is weird, but for some reason, no employer wants to hear "I'm jobless and need the money" as an answer to the question "Why do you want to work here?"

scienceguy8

scienceguy8

BenRG wrote:You see, and I know that this is weird, but for some reason, no employer wants to hear "I'm jobless and need the money" as an answer to the question "Why do you want to work here?"
Are you sure? Upon hearing that a potential employee is desperate for a job, I'd figure the employer would be ecstatic. The threat of poverty would practically guarantee that the employee would show up to work on time and put in his or her best effort every day to avoid getting a pink slip.

http://www.gilberti-industries.com/

BenRG

BenRG

scienceguy8 wrote:
BenRG wrote:You see, and I know that this is weird, but for some reason, no employer wants to hear "I'm jobless and need the money" as an answer to the question "Why do you want to work here?"
Are you sure? Upon hearing that a potential employee is desperate for a job, I'd figure the employer would be ecstatic. The threat of poverty would practically guarantee that the employee would show up to work on time and put in his or her best effort every day to avoid getting a pink slip.
Like I said, it's weird but it's true. They usually want to hear something similar to what Hilary said - a declaration of admiration for the company (even if you've never heard of it before). I think that the implication they're looking for is that you like them so much that you'd work for them for free, if necessary.

Perhaps a jobseeker asking for money seems distastefully like hiring a mercinary. cyclops

Moonman

Moonman

U MAD?

Yeah...she mad.

Laughing

vevans0009

vevans0009

Good bunny-girl. Know that you are beaten and accept the outcome that is giving to you. Still, it is great to see more of Hilary lately on these strips. Very Happy

wolfman-al

wolfman-al

The threat of mind-numbing interview prep Vg69868_i-came
Seriously seeing that evil c*nt humiliated like that made my day, especially since I have a nasty cold and am coughing up muckus all day, this still made this day beautyfull.

http://www.airpatrolonline.net

DarkAngel

DarkAngel

Am I the only one who thinks she was gritting her teeth on the last panel? Laughing

BenRG

BenRG

DarkAngel wrote:Am I the only one who thinks she was gritting her teeth on the last panel? Laughing
I don't; she's too much of a sales/marketing pro for that. She's living and believing the "wide-eyed supplicant" lie for the benefit of her potential new employer.

Believe me, to avoid Job Club, you'd do the same thing.

cenaris

cenaris

I think she has a rather cute smile. Though I can't really be sure if she's gritting. My screen resolution's too large.

Thank goodness she avoided the interview practise sessions.
It's okay if she was made to do them though. They let you keep the part of the brain they cut out to make you smiley and complacent.

It's bllllliiiiiiiiiiissssssssss
The threat of mind-numbing interview prep Fg_22010

wolfman-al wrote:Seriously seeing that evil c*nt humiliated like that made my day, especially since I have a nasty cold and am coughing up muckus all day, this still made this day beautyfull.
I think her bitchiness is probably a product of some kind of childhood issues. She probably didn't get that pony for her sweet 16 so burned the house down or something.

arminman

wolfman-al wrote:Seriously seeing that evil c*nt humiliated like that made my day, especially since I have a nasty cold and am coughing up muckus all day, this still made this day beautyfull.

as someone who has been humiliated like that I feel just sorry for Hillary. That said, 8 weeks is not that bad - 6 month on the other hand...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum