Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.


You are not connected. Please login or register

A Leap of Faith (to Retail Management)!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 A Leap of Faith (to Retail Management)! on Thu May 10, 2012 9:27 am


Yeah, it's a step down and it is probably a lot lower status but, Hilary, it pays! Better a job that pays than watching the money drain away from your bank accounts! Plus, as manager, she'll have peons to boss around; surely that is worth the reduced pay-scale? Smile

In any case, the Job Centres are pretty vicious; refuse three interview offers and you're looking at having your benefits stopped!

You know, Art is right; she is very beautiful but she is also cold and hollow inside.

View user profile

2 Re: A Leap of Faith (to Retail Management)! on Thu May 10, 2012 9:43 am

BenRG wrote:hollow inside.

Must resist urge to make cucumber joke...

...Must resist... urge... to speak.... like Shatner.

View user profile http://cityofsteam.com/

3 Re: A Leap of Faith (to Retail Management)! on Thu May 10, 2012 10:23 am

BenRG wrote:In any case, the Job Centres are pretty vicious; refuse three interview offers and you're looking at having your benefits stopped!
That never happened with me when I was on Job seeker's.

BenRG wrote:You know, Art is right; she is very beautiful but she is also cold and hollow inside.
Well you know Hilary. She probably needs a Thor strapon to even feel anything anymore.

View user profile

4 Re: A Leap of Faith (to Retail Management)! on Thu May 10, 2012 11:43 am

I'm picturing that lady speaking in a Minnisotan accent, but then I 'membered this is set in Jolly 'Ole. Wonder what the Brit equivalent is...?

View user profile

5 Re: A Leap of Faith (to Retail Management)! on Thu May 10, 2012 12:56 pm

Just ten stories and onto shards of glass? Hilary, you crack me up. I seen and heard people fall 50 stories and more landing on cars and crap because they could not get the drugs they needed!!! Just be grateful that you have a job now . Neutral

View user profile

6 Re: A Leap of Faith (to Retail Management)! on Thu May 10, 2012 4:18 pm

I gotta say I am loving this, & not just that Hilary has to actualy work for a living.

No, it's deeper than that.

Hilary is gonna have to deal with people (sans pepper spray) alot kinder & more generous than she's probably ever been, as well as people less fortunate than she is.
Still, who knows, maybe this'll be Hilary's "redemption" & she'll come to see the merits of commpassion & kindness & find her frozen heart thawed with the power of love & grow 3 sizes that day I love you

That, or she'll have a violent allergic reaction & melt into a puddle, leaving only her clothes behind.

View user profile

7 Re: A Leap of Faith (to Retail Management)! on Thu May 10, 2012 7:44 pm

DarkAngel wrote:I gotta say I am loving this, & not just that Hilary has to actualy work for a living.

No, it's deeper than that.

Hilary is gonna have to deal with people (sans pepper spray) alot kinder & more generous than she's probably ever been, as well as people less fortunate than she is.
Still, who knows, maybe this'll be Hilary's "redemption" & she'll come to see the merits of commpassion & kindness & find her frozen heart thawed with the power of love & grow 3 sizes that day I love you

dude share what ever that is you are smoking because it has to be the really good stuff this is Hilary we are talking about.

View user profile

8 Re: A Leap of Faith (to Retail Management)! on Fri May 11, 2012 12:40 am

DarkAngel wrote:. . .

That, or she'll have a violent allergic reaction & melt into a puddle, leaving only her clothes behind.

Naw, she'll just get all puffy and green like a... uh nevermind. geek

View user profile

9 Re: A Leap of Faith (to Retail Management)! on Fri May 11, 2012 1:34 am

This inspires possibilities. Razz

I'm thinking Hilary will end up in the same shopping center/area/whatever where Kat works, perhaps even right next door. Sure, Kat will get a few laughs in at first, but I figure Hilary will realize she can live with the job because then she can take out her frustrations on her old rival. (Basically, a case of what I warned of in the previous thread, of Kat's karma crashing because she was too distracted by Hilary's karma accident. After all, it makes good story fodder. Razz ) Considering how good Hilary appears to have been tormenting Kat in the past, I suspect the latter will not be as happy with the situation as she is now. When Hilary worked at Ann Winters, she was at least out of sight, out of mind.

View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/roadstripe/index.htm

10 Re: A Leap of Faith (to Retail Management)! on Fri May 11, 2012 12:02 pm

I'm thinking that Hilary takes a job as the marketing manager for a small photographer's studio, figuring that she can dominate any boss and end up effectively running the place. Unfortunately it's Kat's company and she finds herself having to do her one-time target's bidding...

"Why do I have to wear this ridiculous foam rubber camera costume?"

"At this end of the size spectrum, 'marketing' means 'handing out leaflets at the mall whilst wearing a theme costume'."

View user profile

11 Re: A Leap of Faith (to Retail Management)! on Fri May 11, 2012 12:05 pm

I think she should end up working in KFC. She'll have to wear gloves so her fur doesn't get on the drumsticks.

View user profile

12 Re: A Leap of Faith (to Retail Management)! on Sun May 13, 2012 12:49 am

Is it just me or DOES the job center employee *enjoy* this "job transaction"?

View user profile

13 Re: A Leap of Faith (to Retail Management)! on Sun May 13, 2012 8:22 am

HSishi wrote:Is it just me or DOES the job center employee *enjoy* this "job transaction"?
Nah, she's just under standing orders to appear cheerful and reassuring to all the hopeless, luckless proles who walk through the door. Unfortunately, instead of reassuring you, it makes you wonder if she's a serial killer with a day job. Razz

View user profile

14 Re: A Leap of Faith (to Retail Management)! on Mon May 14, 2012 7:21 am

BenRG wrote:
HSishi wrote:Is it just me or DOES the job center employee *enjoy* this "job transaction"?
Nah, she's just under standing orders to appear cheerful and reassuring to all the hopeless, luckless proles who walk through the door. Unfortunately, instead of reassuring you, it makes you wonder if she's a serial killer with a day job. Razz

Yah, but it is a rewarding career mind you... Laughing

Cheer up bunny! At least you are getting hits right off the bat, in comparison to the majority of the unemployed out there.. It took me 5 months just to get a single nibble for an interview post-layoff.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum