Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Moral Choice

+6
ShadOBabe
Nighthawke
Ignis
Dark_Avenger
Xenathos
scienceguy8
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Moral Choice Empty Moral Choice Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:08 pm

scienceguy8

scienceguy8

Moral Choice SA_0742_small
This seems vaguely familiar. Short science fiction story/Twilight Zone sketch/basis for a movie that came out a year or two ago?

http://www.gilberti-industries.com/

2Moral Choice Empty Re: Moral Choice Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:38 pm

Xenathos

Xenathos

Now the question remains: Who dies? And... What will those fame and fortune make of Pip himself?

https://www.youtube.com/user/XellXenathos

3Moral Choice Empty Re: Moral Choice Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:54 pm

Dark_Avenger

Dark_Avenger

scienceguy8 wrote:This seems vaguely familiar. Short science fiction story/Twilight Zone sketch/basis for a movie that came out a year or two ago?

Yep, you are right. A good movie too.

Good old Pip!

4Moral Choice Empty Re: Moral Choice Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:46 pm

Ignis

Ok, I am gonna have to call this out:

What the hell is with Art's eyebrows in the last panel? His expression makes him look like he is glaring, but his eyebrows have not moved to match his expression.

It's freaking me out, man.

5Moral Choice Empty Re: Moral Choice Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:26 pm

Nighthawke

Nighthawke

Ignis wrote:Ok, I am gonna have to call this out:

What the hell is with Art's eyebrows in the last panel? His expression makes him look like he is glaring, but his eyebrows have not moved to match his expression.

It's freaking me out, man.

Eyelashes dude.

6Moral Choice Empty Re: Moral Choice Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:20 pm

ShadOBabe

Well we don't get to speculate what the button exactly does anymore, but this still makes me laugh. In a morbid kind of way.

I remember seeing ads for that film that had the same premise. The concept just gives me the willies. Probably because of all the questions it makes you ask.
Who's going to die? Is the button real? Is it just a toy meant to test you? If you pressed the button and someone in the world happened to drop dead right afterwards, is it really because you pushed it? Does that make you a murderer? What if it is real? How will they die? Did they have a family to provide for?

I believe in the film you were assured that person that died would be someone you didn't know, but no such promise here. So let's hope that Kat and the Squirrel Girls are okay.

http://www.shadobabe.deviantart.com

7Moral Choice Empty Re: Moral Choice Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:07 am

KaZe

KaZe

Hah, I'm pretty sure thinkgeek sells these. Pip got a good deal. ;-)

Wait a tick.. you own one of these don't you JJ?

8Moral Choice Empty Re: Moral Choice Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:09 am

vevans0009

vevans0009

Maybe its faulty. Or probably it is just a joke item. At least that is what I hope it is one of the two.

9Moral Choice Empty Re: Moral Choice Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:51 am

BenRG

BenRG

vevans0009 wrote:Maybe its faulty. Or probably it is just a joke item. At least that is what I hope it is one of the two.

Nah, it's a trap. It worked, it just didn't do what the documentation said it would do. The question is, have any countries vanished in a bright, hot white flash recently? Twisted Evil

10Moral Choice Empty Re: Moral Choice Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:57 pm

HSishi

"I even held it down" ... why do I have to think about a long, suffering death of someone now ...

//HSishi

11Moral Choice Empty Re: Moral Choice Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:08 pm

BenRG

BenRG

HSishi wrote:"I even held it down" ... why do I have to think about a long, suffering death of someone now ...
Or, worse, it's a digital device so, as long as THE BUTTON is depressed, it's sending activation signals every processor cycle (several million per second). I did wonder where the population of several medium-sized countries had gone... Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum