Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

THE BUTTON

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 THE BUTTON on Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:52 pm

Nothing good can come of this. Nothing.

Best case scenario is that this thing just uploads malware onto Pip's PC. Worst case is that the guys are going to be playing a quick game of Global Thermonuclear War. sunny

BenRG's Rules of Life #1001 in a collection of thousands:

"If it seems too good to be true, it almost certainly IS too good to be true."

View user profile

2 Re: THE BUTTON on Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:03 pm

*Googled*

Ooooh.

View user profile

3 Re: THE BUTTON on Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:24 pm

This comic never ceases to make me laugh. Laughing

View user profile

4 Re: THE BUTTON on Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:33 pm

Yeah, I had to do research to figure out the joke as well. I get the dreadful feeling that Pip really is the sort to choose for someone he's never met to die to get a million in cash.

BenRG wrote:Best case scenario is that this thing just uploads malware onto Pip's PC. Worst case is that the guys are going to be playing a quick game of Global Thermonuclear War. sunny

I wouldn't have gotten that reference either until a couple of months ago when I finally saw Wargames.

View user profile

5 Re: THE BUTTON on Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:46 pm

Why do I have the feeling that little cracked Jack the head denizen is behind this...?

View user profile http://sauerpuss.anobviousdistraction.com/

6 Re: THE BUTTON on Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:24 am

Welp, the question is, who will it occur to?

and @Sauerpuss, you'd probably be right, if it weren't for the reference.

View user profile

7 Re: THE BUTTON on Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:51 am

BenRG wrote:Nothing good can come of this. Nothing.
You ain't kidding... LOL!!
Oh, Pip, I think there's a reason the seller is getting rid of it for nothing (in fact less than nothing, since he'll be paying the postage)...

I can't wait to discover what disaster the undoubtedly despicable device will bring down upon our feathered friend.

View user profile http://www.shadobabe.deviantart.com

8 Re: THE BUTTON on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:46 pm

Last edited by Moonman on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

9 Re: THE BUTTON on Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:00 pm

Arlington Steward is an anagram, I'll bet. But when I run it through the Internet Anagram Server, I get a ton of hits. So what does it actually mean?

View user profile

10 Re: THE BUTTON on Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:14 am

Nighthawke wrote:Arlington Steward is an anagram, I'll bet. But when I run it through the Internet Anagram Server, I get a ton of hits. So what does it actually mean?
That's the rub, isn't it? No doubt Jack will keep us guessing for a while about the mystery foe; we'll probably be able to make more of an educated guess when we find out what THE BUTTON does.

A Prediction - At least for a few strips, the running joke will be Pip and Art acting like schoolboys hovering over THE BUTTON, desperately wanting to push it but knowing that they mustn't! Twisted Evil At that point, someone (possibly Scarlet but more likely Kat) will wander up, tell them that they're being stupid and push it themselves. That's when it will all hit the fan.

View user profile

11 Re: THE BUTTON on Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:49 am

And there will be Hilary. Somehow.

View user profile

12 Re: THE BUTTON on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:52 pm

Hello all Smile

Nighthawke wrote:Arlington Steward is an anagram, I'll bet. But when I run it through the Internet Anagram Server, I get a ton of hits. So what does it actually mean?

Google that name (it's not an anagram) and you'll find several articles about the movie "The Box". The button thing is main part of this movie study .

//HSishi

View user profile

13 Re: THE BUTTON Today at 9:58 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum