Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blighty under Siege?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Blighty under Siege? on Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:57 pm

Was watching some of the riot coverage on Russia Today just last night. Nasty stuff that. Hope all you folks in the UK are doing alright. It's a shame some people think they're justified in acting like hooligans just cause times are tough for everybody. Definitely not making things any better. Realistically speaking, it's probably just the tip of the iceberg with all this crazy economic crap going on. Seems like there's a lot of anger and frustration going around nowadays because of it. Hopefully people get their heads on straight and figure out that this is not how you improve your situation.

Ah well, in the meantime I suppose there's always teargas and rubber bullets to encourage people to make the right decision.

View user profile

2 Re: Blighty under Siege? on Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:38 pm

Most kids (I'm talking early teens to late twenties) in the UK from certain social groups seem to think that they have the inherit and explicit right to a life of ease supported by other people without doing anything to earn this.

They tend to get violent when they don't get what they want. They also feel free to loot, pillage and burn the moment the security situation degenerates to the point where the police are looking elsewhere. Basically, we have created our very own, internal barbarian horde! Sad

View user profile

3 Re: Blighty under Siege? on Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:43 pm

I think it's a fucking disgrace that they act like that. Luckily they were stupid enough to use a messaging service that Blackberry is going to rat them out on. Expect the party van to make plenty of visits to the council estates.

W@nkers. The lot of them.

That said, I went to London today. It was very calm in comparison. I doubt they'll try it again now that there are 16,000 cops in London.

View user profile

4 Re: Blighty under Siege? on Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:40 am

I almost went down to London today. (I live near Cambridge) But my friends and I decided against it.

Sad few days it's been.

View user profile

5 Re: Blighty under Siege? on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:10 pm

It smells like it'd be annother step into having more and more controlled society.

ENNN-DOUBLEYUUU-OOOOO Very Happy

We had few run-ins in Warsaw with Hooligans that were... dissapointed by the fact the their favourite team lost(or won). Cobblestones were ripped and flying, shopwindows were broken, restaurant umbrellas were ripped... etc., etc. But during all those years and - all in all - rare events, no one was hurt(physically, at least) - if I remember correctly.

Now, what I saw in UK was indeed pretty hard-core.

Thing is, UK have spoiled youth that didn't wanted to either educate themselves nor work for minimal wage, while immigrants, like my fellow Polish folk, f.ex., did. Why is that with UK youngsters, I don't know. Sometimes you have to get your belt tightened to build a better place to live and I guess that some of them just don't understand that.

And, yes, instead of cameras, there should be more police force properly equipped on the streets to fight with that kind of pathologies in their embryonal state.

View user profile http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

6 Re: Blighty under Siege? on Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:43 am

@Pietja

I definitely see a potential for a major crack-down coming after this with even MORE draconian laws being put into place in the UK. This kind of stuff is great for those in charge too consolidate their power further. Let things get bad enough and people will BEG you too take what's left of their rights so they can be safe, even just temporarily. It happened here in the states after 9/11 with the Patriot Act, the Military Comissions Act, the John Warner Defense Authorization Bill, and a myriad of other Executive Orders too numerous to mention.

Case in point, the Sun just released a poll that stated that 77% of Brits survey'd said they think the government should bring in the army to deal with this issue, while 33% said they should use LIVE AMMO on the rioters. I don't know what your definition of Marshall Law is, but it sure as hell looks like the British public are ASKING for it now. I seriously hope the UK parliament doesn't get caught up in this hysteria. Deploying troops against your own people is a remarkably dangerous proposition that is not something that tends to end well. (Read up on what happened at Kent State in the US for an example.)

In regards to the cameras, I totally agree with you. Cameras will never replace real cops when it comes to law enforcement and in some ways seem to actually breed resentment among the population from my experience. I mean, come on, who really likes being surveilled 24/7? I'd rather have a policeman on my block who I know and trust then some joker behind a TV screen peeping at me during my daily routine about town. I have to wonder if this kind of depersonalization in the UK isn't a reason why things are the way they are now.

View user profile

7 Re: Blighty under Siege? on Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:01 pm

My opinions, in short:
Cameras = Stupid-assed machines. Easy to hack.
Cops = Good guys with guns. Donuts and coffee on break.
Rioters = Misguided idiots. They are why I don't won't drink.
Laws = Only if they work. If not then strike them out.

EDIT: Found easy and nostalgic solution to riot problem.

View user profile

8 Re: Blighty under Siege? on Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:12 am

artimies7 wrote:My opinions, in short:
Cameras = Stupid-assed machines. Easy to hack.
Cops = Good guys with guns. Donuts and coffee on break.
Rioters = Misguided idiots. They are why I don't won't drink.
Laws = Only if they work. If not then strike them out.

EDIT: Found easy and nostalgic solution to riot problem.

Think you've got that right. The government doesn't really get it, does it. They've been making arrests, rolling these kids through fast track courts like a production line. Then the kids just pose for the camera and laugh. Most of them already have criminal records. What does one more telling off mean to them?

This is why they need to be publicly embarrassed, to demoralise them and make them actually feel bad for it. Put them in stocks, let people throw rotten food at them.

The UK law is waaaaaaay too soft with these losers. They need to be given the worst possible treatment possible. It worked in the past before everyone became politically correct. Now Terrorist sympathisers can simply plead human rights when their abilities to spread hate are challenged.

View user profile

9 Re: Blighty under Siege? on Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:53 pm

Haha, GO Blastoise!

Now all they need is a Pikachu and their crowd control arsenal is complete. Wink

Cenaris wrote: The UK law is waaaaaaay too soft with these losers. They need to be given the worst possible treatment possible. It worked in the past before everyone became politically correct. Now Terrorist sympathisers can simply plead human rights when their abilities to spread hate are challenged.

You guys should send em over here. Our police have a tendency to beat the sh*t out of protesters here in the states. Probably more so if they're colored too.

For example:

Not a good idea to stand out in a crowd here.

Last edited by KaZe on Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Doh! Spelling FAIL...)

View user profile

10 Re: Blighty under Siege? on Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:46 am

KaZe wrote:
Cenaris wrote: The UK law is waaaaaaay too soft with these losers. They need to be given the worst possible treatment possible. It worked in the past before everyone became politically correct. Now Terrorist sympathisers can simply plead human rights when their abilities to spread hate are challenged.

You guys should send em over here. Our police have a tendency to beat the sh*t out of protesters here in the states. Probably more so if they're colored too.

For example:

Not a good idea to stand out in a crowd here.

Every nation should allow their peoples to protest without being brutally crushed [unlike Syria, Libya, Belarus, Zimbabwe, Swaziland etc] Rioting on the other hand is a completely different thing and should be annihilated when possible. KNOW THE DIFFERENCE. your life might be at stake one day when they come for YOU!

Also, what is a terrorist sympathiser?

View user profile

11 Re: Blighty under Siege? on Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:04 am

A person who identifies with, and condones what others would consider terrorist activity. Have you ever heard of the saying "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter"? The man who calls that man's terrorist a freedom fighter is most likely a sympathiser.

View user profile

12 Re: Blighty under Siege? on Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:33 am

cenaris wrote:A person who identifies with, and condones what others would consider terrorist activity. Have you ever heard of the saying "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter"? The man who calls that man's terrorist a freedom fighter is most likely a sympathiser.

Ah ok. So basically that's everyone on earth. [from different perspectives of course]

View user profile

13 Re: Blighty under Siege? on Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:24 pm

From a certain point of view.

But it's blindingly obvious that when you have someone who supports a group like Al Shabaab or Al Quaeeda or Hamas that they're (to most of the world) terrorist sympathizers.

View user profile

14 Re: Blighty under Siege? on Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:07 pm

MicasR wrote:
Every nation should allow their peoples to protest without being brutally crushed [unlike Syria, Libya, Belarus, Zimbabwe, Swaziland etc] Rioting on the other hand is a completely different thing and should be annihilated when possible. KNOW THE DIFFERENCE. your life might be at stake one day when they come for YOU!

Haha, I do, I do. I'm just making the point that if we do that to PEACEFUL protesters over here, what do you think will happen when they're rioters? Wink

Also, I doubt they'd ever "come for me". We live in an area with so many gun-toting SOB's (myself included) that that crap would get quashed pretty quickly here.

View user profile

15 Re: Blighty under Siege? on Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:11 am

They'd get mutilated. What we really need is a bunch of sleeping gas bombs. Then all the rioters would fall asleep and wake up in jail with a bunch of other idiots and stay there all day.

Quick, simple, and lasting. Especially if you tattoo 'Rioter #(rioter number here), 8-16-11' on their bellies. That'd teach them.

@KaZe It's 'Blastoise' btw.

View user profile

16 Re: Blighty under Siege? Today at 11:42 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum