Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eldak.

+13
KaZe
artimies7
vevans0009
Kieve
jollyjack
Moonman
wolfman-al
DarkAngel
cenaris
Dreas_Dris
BenRG
Xenathos
The Doctor
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Eldak. Empty Eldak. Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:54 am

The Doctor

The Doctor

You must be exterminated.

Very subtle. I noticed Eldak. Straight away, but I should do really. Shouldn't I.

Eldak. SA_0711_small

2Eldak. Empty Re: Eldak. Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:05 am

Xenathos

Xenathos

Jack was sending things around?

Who send those intercepted scattered transmissions? O_O

Oh wait... We also have the Quintin Computah.

https://www.youtube.com/user/XellXenathos

3Eldak. Empty Re: Eldak. Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:37 am

BenRG

BenRG

The Doctor wrote:Very subtle. I noticed Eldak. Straight away, but I should do really. Shouldn't I.
Yes, I think that you should. Wink

Word-play with a certain five-letter synonym for 'Omnicide' aside, I absolutely loved the look Art shot Kat in panel #3. A definate air of "Stop trying to help me, please."

4Eldak. Empty Re: Eldak. Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:38 am

Dreas_Dris

Dreas_Dris

Xenathos wrote:Jack was sending things around?

No one has to have "sent" the transmission. We broadcast transmissions into space unintentionally all the time. Can you imagine what other being would think of us? They pick up our radio broadcasts, action and horror movies as well as things like Bugs Bunny and anime. Hell, they may think we are a race of giant robot weilding cartoon rabbits who kill aliens for shits and giggles.

5Eldak. Empty Re: Eldak. Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:42 pm

Xenathos

Xenathos

Dreas_Dris wrote:
Xenathos wrote:Jack was sending things around?

No one has to have "sent" the transmission. We broadcast transmissions into space unintentionally all the time. Can you imagine what other being would think of us? They pick up our radio broadcasts, action and horror movies as well as things like Bugs Bunny and anime. Hell, they may think we are a race of giant robot weilding cartoon rabbits who kill aliens for shits and giggles.

You have a valid point.

But then again. If they pick up all of that stuff. I think they would know that we are a race of idiots. Most of us are anyway. We call ourselfs Civilized. But we won't be Civilized until we stop killing eachother. Sadly... That's a long way from happening.

https://www.youtube.com/user/XellXenathos

6Eldak. Empty Re: Eldak. Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:32 pm

cenaris

cenaris

I would have added a rearranged Cybermen name joke but it's not easy to do.

7Eldak. Empty The Sentient Cake is a lie Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:20 pm

DarkAngel

DarkAngel

I love their expressions in the third panel: Art glaring at Kat over the"'sentient cake" comment & Kat's like "...what?" Laughing

8Eldak. Empty Re: Eldak. Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:11 pm

wolfman-al

wolfman-al

Eldak.
Really, JJ?

http://www.airpatrolonline.net

9Eldak. Empty Re: Eldak. Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:07 pm

Moonman

Moonman

Panel 3 expression is win.

"I swear woman I will slap you with my eyebrows."

10Eldak. Empty Re: Eldak. Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:04 am

jollyjack

jollyjack
Admin

wolfman-al wrote:Eldak.
Really, JJ?

What's wrong with "Eldak"?
These guys started out as Dalek designs. I was furious at the latest "redesign" of the true Daleks as I think they missed an opportunity to make them really scary - instead they painted them bubble-gum colours - so I went off and came up with my own idea for a Dalek Advanced. I quite liked it, so thought; F**k the BBC, I'm keeping it for myself.
Smile

https://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

11Eldak. Empty Re: Eldak. Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:30 am

Kieve

Kieve

jollyjack wrote:...I think they missed an opportunity to make them really scary...
...so thought; F**k the BBC, I'm keeping it for myself.
Smile

That's kind of a shame actually.
I've never been able to get into Dr. Who, so maybe I lack perspective, but to me Daleks have always been pretty laughable, in terms of design. Alien-looking yes, but candy machines with plungers for arms don't inspire a sinister or indimidating presence at all - their backstory and the capability of said machines notwithstanding.
Bottom line, it'd be a welcome change to have Daleks that actually inspire credible fear.

12Eldak. Empty Re: Eldak. Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:30 am

The Doctor

The Doctor

Kieve wrote: Daleks have always been pretty laughable, in terms of design.

While this is true you must remember that Doctor Who is firstly and foremost a childrens program. Daleks Kill people. That's what scares the kids about them. Not their design, from my viewpoint the idea behind their design is to think, "what can that thing do to me?" So you stay around to find out. Then "Exerminate", zap, your gone.

I know people with self built daleks. And I've been to events with them (expos, comic cons, etc). It's funny watching daleks go up to a dalek, and saying "You don't look scary mr dalek, I'm not afraid of you!" but as soon as the dalek speaks, and moves. You just see a pee trail lead off into the distance....or behind their parents....

Also Anything scary looking in Doctor who, never stays scary looking for long. *points to weeping angels*

13Eldak. Empty Re: Eldak. Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:38 am

Moonman

Moonman

The Doctor wrote:While this is true you must remember that Doctor Who is firstly and foremost a childrens program.

lol wut?

14Eldak. Empty Re: Eldak. Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:01 am

vevans0009

vevans0009

Come on Kat, this is not the time to be making jokes about Art's fatty situation. Considering that you, Art and Leonard are about to be launched toward a blazing star!!! Very Happy

15Eldak. Empty Re: Eldak. Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:33 am

BenRG

BenRG

Moonman wrote:
The Doctor wrote:While this is true you must remember that Doctor Who is firstly and foremost a childrens program.

lol wut?
"Childrens' program" is going too far but it is a program intended for the entire family to watch together, hence its normal airtime of 6:30pm on Saturdays. So any horror is firmly of the 'Buffy' variety and the special effects are deliberately intended to mix 'naff' and 'funny'.

16Eldak. Empty Re: Eldak. Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:44 am

artimies7

artimies7

The Doctor wrote: Also Anything scary looking in Doctor who, never stays scary looking for long. *points to weeping angels*

NO. JUST NO.
WEEPING ANGELS ARE ONE OF THE SCARIEST THINGS I HAVE EVER SEEN. EVER.

But seriously, these 'Eldaks' really have a logic problem. Don't they have the sense to put Art through a lie detector test or something?

EDIT:
Moonman wrote:"I swear woman I will slap you with my eyebrows."

That's funny, there. Imma use that somewhere.

17Eldak. Empty Re: Eldak. Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:57 am

The Doctor

The Doctor

BenRG wrote: So any horror is firmly of the 'Buffy' variety and the special effects are deliberately intended to mix 'naff' and 'funny'.

Thanks Ben for simplifying what I meant Very Happy

artimies7 wrote:NO. JUST NO.

So a normal statue freaks you out? Because that's what they are, until you see they're angry face, which they normally don't have on for long....

18Eldak. Empty Re: Eldak. Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:29 pm

KaZe

KaZe

cenaris wrote:I would have added a rearranged Cybermen name joke but it's not easy to do.

The Alien Leader's name is Ben McRey.

... because he's a Scottish alien ...

Wut?

19Eldak. Empty Re: Eldak. Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:37 pm

UD

Oh! Oh!
They want to kill him because he used to break all of his technomalogies way back, right?

(what do you mean I'm blatantly ignoring the entire Dr. Who conversation going on here?)

20Eldak. Empty Re: Eldak. Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:17 pm

Sheason

You know what part of the problem is with the Daleks and why they aren't very scary anymore? It's because they stand around yelling "EX-TER-MIN-ATE! EX-TER-MIN-ATE!" a lot... but don't actually do much exterminating.

"So, given that exterminating you would be the most sensible thing to do, why do they always change their minds at the last moment?"

"I'll explain later."

21Eldak. Empty Re: Eldak. Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:20 am

BenRG

BenRG

Sheason wrote:You know what part of the problem is with the Daleks and why they aren't very scary anymore? It's because they stand around yelling "EX-TER-MIN-ATE! EX-TER-MIN-ATE!" a lot... but don't actually do much exterminating.

"So, given that exterminating you would be the most sensible thing to do, why do they always change their minds at the last moment?"

"I'll explain later."

The Daleks can be pretty effective when they want to be. Consider "The Last Dalek" when a single, damaged Dalek wipes out about 50 mercinary soldiers in about five minutes of on-screen combat without taking a scratch. Or the second of the Torchwood intro two-parter when four Daleks take out a company of soldiers augmented with a dozen Cybermen armed with lightning guns without taking a scratch themselves.

Remember, this is a species that took on the Time Lords, previously the universe's undisputed #1 culture and were winning at the point the Doctor flipped over the game table and wiped both species out of existance. They're tough enough for you, pal, omnicidal mobile pepper-pots or not.

I think that the problem is that the Dales just have difficulty handling all the hatred they're programmed to have for all other forms of life. They hate the rest of the universe with such unending burning venom that, sometimes, they've got to just stand around screaming about how they want to destroy everything to let off some steam. I also suspect that they think it's intimidating. They're right, except in the case of the Doctor who, I strongly suspect, pities them on a deep, human level as an unconscionable waste of potential.

22Eldak. Empty Re: Eldak. Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:37 am

cenaris

cenaris

I think he means the Daleks arn't scary to us anymore because they've been overused. It's like with Heroes where Sylar was more threatening and creepy when he hardly ever appeared and was just called "The brain man" or something to that degree. When he did appear and start'a slicing foreheards open early on that was kind of scary. Then season 2 came along and it just became "The Sylar Show". He lost his power to scare because he started appearing in every episode. He started becoming too much of a focal point for the show. He started being written in ways that made us sympathise with him. He became bland and predictable. Sylar was well written in terms of how he evolved with each power he took but that worked against him when there was always a way less powerful characters (Peter with no powers shoots him up with Elephant tranq when he leasts expects it) who could beat him.
"Hello there I'm [assumed identity]. I hear you have a special power. I want to use it. Braaaaaaiiiiiiinssssss"
"You don't have a super power. Get out of my face"

The Daleks arn't scary exactly because their entire modus operandus is just "EXTERMINATE!"

23Eldak. Empty Re: Eldak. Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:37 am

not_cenaris

not_cenaris

They just look like shit.

24Eldak. Empty Re: Eldak. Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:23 pm

artimies7

artimies7

The Doctor wrote:
artimies7 wrote:NO. JUST NO.

So a normal statue freaks you out? Because that's what they are, until you see they're angry face, which they normally don't have on for long....

No, the fact that they a) move as fast as you can think, b) kill you just mites slower than that, c) normally reside in strategically absolutely indefensible locations, d) kill you, e) can break through most any barrier you put up against them, f) KILL YOU, g) cannot die, and h) KILL YOU!

A statue of them I don't mind, even the scary part. But they change from statue to scary statue to your killer in about 1/2 a second of darkness or distraction.

Did I mention that they can kill you rather REALLY REALLY quickly?

25Eldak. Empty It's the perfect time... Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:52 am

EmfinnFZ

vevans0009 wrote:Come on Kat, this is not the time to be making jokes about Art's fatty situation. Considering that you, Art and Leonard are about to be launched toward a blazing star!!! Very Happy

I only hope when my time comes I have the self-possession to retain my reputation as a snarky put-down delivery system till the last...

http://cityofsteam.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum