Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

There's no *ucking way he survived an A-Bomb in this....

+14
not_cenaris
Pietja
BenRG
KaZe
ugilick
Moonman
Nebuchadnezzar
stephanodude
Leak
artimies7
vevans0009
Frist
jollyjack
Nighthawke
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Nighthawke

Nighthawke

There's no *ucking way he survived an A-Bomb in this.... SA_0709_small Well, consider the fact that his fridge was built like a *uckin' tank and lead-lined too!
(Of course, that was a prop, I'm not finding any documentation if any that big were built outside of dedicated units at the nuclear labs. I did find one online that is no bigger than a beer box that weighs 315 lbs.)
The brand name, SMOG, a play on a domestic brand for the island?

But I want one of those OMGZ baby! Pure n simple!

jollyjack

jollyjack
Admin

"SMOG" is a play on "SMEG", an Italian appliance manufacturer.

There's no *ucking way he survived an A-Bomb in this.... Showimage.aspx?id=36164&

https://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

Frist

Frist

Dat Strike Force.

Also, pip must be a wizard or something if he opened an older fridge from the inside.

Frist: Assuming it is an older model.

vevans0009

vevans0009

Good luck girls. God speed. Smile

P.S. Will Gary be a new member to our incidental prone crew?

I Hope So.[b][u]

artimies7

artimies7

Simple. It's a magic fridge.

Either that, or Art has purposfully not touched it with his anti-tech Jedi skills, so as to make it an Uber-Fridge.

vevans0009

vevans0009

I wondered where Pip was this entire time. Last I saw him he was running away from the invaders blasters. Glad he didn't get burnt. Laughing

Leak

Leak

"There's no f**king way he survived an A-bomb in one of these..."

Ah, I see Pip hasn't been introduced to the magic of SPECIAL EFFECTS...

Nighthawke

Nighthawke

Frist wrote:Dat Strike Force.

Also, pip must be a wizard or something if he opened an older fridge from the inside.

Frist: Assuming it is an older model.

Laws made latches on fridges illegal in terms of safety. They are taking facades of older appliances and overlaying them on top of newer ones to retain the art deco or whatever period look the owner wants.

Appliance techs take an oath if they find an old fridge with a latch on it, to break out their tools and disable that latch on the spot. Too many kids have paid the price for playing hide and go seek in those things... Crying or Very sad

stephanodude

stephanodude

Love the subliminal hit on Indiana Razz

Also: I'm baaaack Very Happy

Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar

jollyjack wrote:"SMOG" is a play on "SMEG", an Italian appliance manufacturer.

There's no *ucking way he survived an A-Bomb in this.... Showimage.aspx?id=36164&

Ha! SMEG. As a big Red Dwarf fan that name is fantastic Very Happy:D:D

Moonman

Moonman

Pip, sir...you have to understand. Indiana Jones didn't survive a nuclear explosion because he was in a fridge, he survived a nuclear explosion because he's Indiana Jones.

But yeah...that movie still sucks.

ugilick

That was one of the best punch lines in a long time. I loved it.

KaZe

KaZe

BenRG

BenRG

Okay... Am I the only one that Art is going to open his eyes and realise that everything since the 'fat science' inflation was a hallucination brought on by the 'fat potion' that girls slipped him? Amber's armour being a transforming mecha/spaceship is just pushing things a bit too far. I think he's going to open his eyes and find that (a) he's still slim and (b) it was all a dream whilst the Squirrel Girls babble apologies for not having checked for allergenic and hallucinogenic properties before slipping him the 'fat jooce'.

Either that or we're about to go fully over to 'space opera' here.

[edit]
Just a P.S.: This is my vote for the Quads' armours to combine into a single giant mecha-o-doom. If you're gonna do a tribute riff to the Power Rangers and Gundam Wing, you might as well go all the way... Wink

Pietja

Heh.

If you've played Fallout New Vegas with Wild Wasteland trait, you could have stumbled upon a broken fridge with skeleton in it and a very famillar hat...

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

Frist

Frist

Hey.... WAYD-A-MINUTE!

Amber, Violet and Jade are supposed to be AGORAPHOBIC!

Unless the suits give them a compensating feeling of a closed space, how the hell are they coping with the outside O_O!?

Amber's suit is the only one that I can understand as qualifying as one.

jollyjack

jollyjack
Admin

Frist wrote:Hey.... WAYD-A-MINUTE!

Amber, Violet and Jade are supposed to be AGORAPHOBIC!

Unless the suits give them a compensating feeling of a closed space, how the hell are they coping with the outside O_O!?

Amber's suit is the only one that I can understand as qualifying as one.

They're still agoraphobic Smile

https://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

not_cenaris

not_cenaris

...Oooooooohh...

Frist

Frist

Hmmm....

Frist: Until now, I thought smog was just something random spelled out in fridge letters JJ just threw in forever ago.

There's no *ucking way he survived an A-Bomb in this.... SA_0086_small

Ganthan

Yeah, well, I liked Kingdom of the Crystal Skull just fine, thank you.

ugilick

Glad somebody did. ^^

KaZe

KaZe

Ganthan wrote:Yeah, well, I liked Kingdom of the Crystal Skull just fine, thank you.

Heresy! HERESY I say!

Razz

BenRG

BenRG

@ Frist,

I suspect that Amber, Jade and Violet's suits are presenting them with a 'virtual indoors'. In essence, they are having all the sensory input they would have if they were indoors, but it's just a computer-generated illusion. I'm not sure how that can work with the 'orbital interceptor' mode on Violet's mecha but it apparently works.

KaZe

KaZe

@Ben

It may not be that all complicated. If you look at it from the particular viewpoint that the girls are contained within structures that in some way provides a physical buffer from the outside world, that may be all they need. To me, agoraphobia is all about feeling exposed and vulnerable in the outside world. Give a Agoraphobic power armor and somehow I doubt they'd feel that vulnerable anymore. ;-)

artimies7

artimies7

KaZe wrote:@Ben

It may not be that all complicated. If you look at it from the particular viewpoint that the girls are contained within structures that in some way provides a physical buffer from the outside world, that may be all they need. To me, agoraphobia is all about feeling exposed and vulnerable in the outside world. Give a Agoraphobic power armor and somehow I doubt they'd feel that vulnerable anymore. ;-)

You've just solved agoraphobia. Round of applause.

Now to prototyping...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next