Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Young Artist here

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Young Artist here Empty Young Artist here Mon May 23, 2011 5:59 am

Dreadstunlock

Hey Guys, I am new on these forums and after finding JollyJack on the DeviantArt.....sorry admins but FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-me they were absolutely amazing.

The expressions and how he used the lines of various thicknesses to portray the furry girls is amazing!

But then I was wondering this:

For example one of my favorite characters is "Kat" because of her hairstyle and sort of the really cute personality she has, like the sketch he made where she is on top of the guy's head and says:

Awwww, you lost again.

And I even tried to draw it myself on Photoshop, but the thing is I am only 16 and I am currently doing an Art and Design course, and I aim to go a lot more digital, but I really want to learn the art style, and if anyone knows it please tell me!

So anyway, is it allowed to kind of have a character in a cat form, with same hairstyle? Or I have to come up with a character with a completely different look in order so it's not copyright?

Cause to me, JollyJack I think just took all the best designs if you know what I mean Very Happy And I don't really know what on earth to draw, he seems to get all the best ones out >.<

So yeah, how can I draw something similiar of his cat girls and not go into the copyright line and so they look just as...sexy?

But not noticable completely that I took a lot of the things from him?

Cheers.

2Young Artist here Empty Re: Young Artist here Mon May 23, 2011 6:49 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai

Well, look at the Artwork part of this forum and check out some other peoples drawings. See how they emulated JJ's and also changed it over time. Like myself. Thats all I can offer, for I am an amateur as well.

http://nikolai-bartolf.deviantart.com/

3Young Artist here Empty Re: Young Artist here Mon May 23, 2011 11:25 pm

Xenathos

Xenathos

Nikolai wrote:Well, look at the Artwork part of this forum and check out some other peoples drawings. See how they emulated JJ's and also changed it over time. Like myself. Thats all I can offer, for I am an amateur as well.

I'm not that much of an artist myself. But Nikolai IS right... It happenes a lot in the Lego Custom building too.
Copy others. Tweak it. Get your own style. Thats truly the reason why people become so good.

https://www.youtube.com/user/XellXenathos

4Young Artist here Empty Re: Young Artist here Tue May 24, 2011 2:40 am

Dreadstunlock

Thanks guys! I'll give it a shot!

5Young Artist here Empty Re: Young Artist here Tue May 24, 2011 4:13 am

not_cenaris

not_cenaris

Less talk, more action. Don't forget to use brain.

6Young Artist here Empty Re: Young Artist here Tue May 24, 2011 1:28 pm

Dreadstunlock

appleclock wrote:Less talk, more action. Don't forget to use brain.

Huh? Shocked Question Question Question

7Young Artist here Empty Re: Young Artist here Thu May 26, 2011 1:03 am

noctrnlcry

Appleclock means...

Post your art. People here will let you know if you are getting too close to copyright infringement. Hopefully the board members will also give you tips and suggestions on how to improve your art and skills too.

-NOC-

8Young Artist here Empty Re: Young Artist here Thu May 26, 2011 1:58 am

Dreadstunlock

http://dreadstunlock.deviantart.com/

That's all my artwork right here.

I try my best label them with the copyrights that the designs and the ideas are not mine for some of them, but the drawing copy itself is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]