Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just some stuff

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26 Re: Just some stuff on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:37 pm

I feel I can get away with putting this one on here for two reasons; 1: Photographs count as artwork and this is a good photo that I took, and 2: She is my daughter, I am her mother/creator. She was created through a highly complex process within my own body that caused me much grief and stress (just like any other art) and dammit I'm proud!
Ember Cole at somewhere around 6 months.

View user profile

27 Re: Just some stuff on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:06 am

The drawing of your daughter is realy good, the hair is fine, don't worry about it.

View user profile

28 Re: Just some stuff on Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:59 pm

I was going through a trunk of pictures with my mom and we found this. It's the only surviving image of a set I did in '02. It was a set of four seasonal faeries, this one being summer. I don't know why I felt the need to make it so huge, this one was drawn on 4 sheets of standard drawing paper, the biggest was winter on 6 sheets.

Decided to post it (even though I'm sort of embarrassed of it) as a reference to just how far I've come since then. Still have a long way to go, but knowing I've made this much progress feels good.

View user profile

29 Re: Just some stuff on Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:00 pm

Also, she is holding that...whatever-it-is, because back then I was into Sailor Moon and I did everything I could to avoid drawing hands.

View user profile

30 Re: Just some stuff on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:24 pm

I'm a member of a pirate crew in the SCA. Our ship didn't have a flag so I took it upon myself to design one. Pirate flags are meant to be personalized to the captain so that's what's up with it. Cap'n Perion uses a praying mantis as a symbol (he has a mantis puppet) and he is a fencer. Actually, he sometimes uses the mantis as a "non-rigid parrying device" on the battlefield. The mantis thing was originally his little son's idea, wanted him to wear it on his helm when he went to war so he could tell who he was out there. Anyway, another crew-member is supposed to be making the actual flag modeling from this. Hope it turns out well.

View user profile

31 Re: Just some stuff on Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:19 pm

I am ignorant as to what SCA is, could you eplain?

View user profile

32 Re: Just some stuff on Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:28 pm

I just figured if anyone was interested they would look it up. SCA stands for Society for Creative Anachronism. Which is just a fancy way of saying a huge group of role-playing nerds who reenact medieval and renaissance life. Mostly it's a bunch of guys in armor with wooden sticks beating the hell out of each other (my husband), but there are also pirates (I'm a gunner on our ship), vikings, seamstresses, belly dancers, bards, and a lot more. Look up pennsic war on youtube for some videos to show you the gist of it.

View user profile

33 Re: Just some stuff on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:10 pm

Oh god Ide be awesome at that, Im a nerd/athlete/actor. Everything I could possibly need!!!

View user profile

34 Re: Just some stuff on Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:09 am

Dreas_Dris wrote:

Looks a little buggy. Wink

View user profile

35 Re: Just some stuff on Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:36 am

Nighthawke, that made me giggle. and ugilick, chances are there is a local group somewhere around you. It's mainly in the USA but there are groups in Europe too, not sure about everywhere else.

View user profile

36 Re: Just some stuff on Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:29 pm

This was part of a project for a friend's new company, Hobby Lair

View user profile

37 Re: Just some stuff on Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:32 pm

This was a pumpkin I did this year. later I added fake blood but it was too thin and ran off.

Part of an ongoing project I just started. I'm redoing an older one now that I'm getting a hang of photoshop and can color it the way I wanted.

View user profile

38 Re: Just some stuff on Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:36 pm

Another thing I started for Hobby Lair, decided to add to her and turn her into a drawing on her own. I've never really done any kind of background and I'm pleased with how she turned out.

View user profile

39 Re: Just some stuff on Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:41 pm

Did this as an art trade with an old friend. Excuse the poor quality, took this picture with a cell phone and I had to do it at this angle or I couldnm't get the whole thing in the picture and still be able to see it

View user profile

40 Re: Just some stuff on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:15 pm

Been awhile since I posted. This is one I did to throw in a coloring book for adults I was going to do. Never went any further than this but it may eventually. Feel free to tweak if you want.

View user profile

41 Re: Just some stuff on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:19 pm

These are from a mural I did in my friends' bathroom. It was a gift to the 6 year old for her birthday. She's awesome.

And the finished product

View user profile

42 Re: Just some stuff on Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:47 pm

Ha sweet!

Hope she appreciated it.

View user profile

43 Re: Just some stuff on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:10 pm

She loved it. There is still a lot of work to do on it, including admiral ackbar on the toilet saying "It's a crap"

View user profile

44 Re: Just some stuff on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:19 pm

Been a LONG time since I posted anything here Smile

This is another old one but one I still rather like. One day I may finish it up properly.

View user profile

45 Re: Just some stuff on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:20 pm

View user profile

46 Re: Just some stuff on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:22 pm

This was a sketch at a friend's house. I think I may do a finalized version of her eventually. Not too pleased with the hat but I do like the idea.

View user profile

47 Re: Just some stuff on Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:33 pm

your art work is AMAZING, I wish I could draw even half as good, please post more What a Face 

View user profile

48 Re: Just some stuff on Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:47 am

I ask one thing, can I please color in the girl on the car? I ask because it has been a while since anyone looked at this forum.

View user profile

49 Re: Just some stuff on Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:46 pm

here it is if you want I can do a different color, let me know please.
" />

View user profile

50 Re: Just some stuff on Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:33 am

Wow, it's been forever since I checked in here. I like it Bowen. I really wish I had a clearer image for you to work with but I don't have access to the original drawing anymore. I think I shall upload some more modern stuff. Feel free to color anything you like, I don't mind.

View user profile

51 Re: Just some stuff Today at 12:07 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum