Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Not so bad bug.

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Not so bad bug. on Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:23 am

AAAAAAAAAH
*gun goes off*

Poor scarlet. What did she do wrong that she deserved to be scared?

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/XellXenathos

2 Re: Not so bad bug. on Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:25 am

I thought this would go in the sequential art forum... Scarlet has been screaming a lot in this arc

View user profile

3 Re: Not so bad bug. on Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:09 pm

Lol, she's still learning to be independent, look she's outside by herself for the third time now, and she's NOT in distress (initially)

View user profile http://zaranr.deviantart.com

4 Re: Not so bad bug. on Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:14 pm

Scarlet doesn't have the fear of open spaces. Only the other 3 do.

View user profile

5 Re: Not so bad bug. on Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:53 pm

I mean that everytime she was outside by herself, she was always in distress, not from the agoraphobia, but actually in real distress, escaping from the facility and the catchers sent after her. This time she is outside by herself hunting a muto-tated bug.

View user profile http://zaranr.deviantart.com

6 Re: Not so bad bug. on Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:56 pm

Well, she probably not as worried because she knows people won't be after her anymore.

View user profile

7 Re: Not so bad bug. on Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:55 am

Awww....
13~14 hours - and bug is little again!

View user profile

8 Re: Not so bad bug. on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:37 am

Poor bug. If its gone small again it dies. Those kids are way to huge to keep in a body that small.

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/XellXenathos

9 Re: Not so bad bug. on Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:54 am

Xenathos wrote:Poor bug. If its gone small again it dies. Those kids are way to huge to keep in a body that small.

It's a mutant bug, so maybe it absorbs them or something to get bigger...? (O_o)

..or theres like "Super Bug Stomache Lubricant"...
or something...

View user profile

10 Re: Not so bad bug. on Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:30 am

There won't be lubricants.

View user profile

11 Re: Not so bad bug. on Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:14 pm

Xenathos wrote:Poor bug. If its gone small again it dies. Those kids are way to huge to keep in a body that small.
Yeah, well it's a bug. It saw food and ate it. That's about the limit to their cognative capabilities. I doubt that it has even noticed that it has gotten 'big', only that the food has gotten smaller and has more variety.

FWIW, I think that our armoured anthro heroine got it right: Just a bug doing what a bug does best. What Scarlet needs to do now is swat the thing. As motivation, I submit some anti-bug propeganda movies from 'Starship Troopers'. Wink

Hmmm... She'll use the suit's energy sword to carve the thing open and carry away the kids. Then she'll finish the night Trick-or-Treat-ing with them and will get lots of candy.

Quinten Quads + candy + Steel Squirrel armour x 4 = ?

Naturally, tomorrow's papers will be filled with the stories of the adventures of four genius squirrels who are all experiencing a sugar high in their super-powered mecha-armour. affraid

View user profile

12 Re: Not so bad bug. on Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:29 pm

BenRG wrote:Quinten Quads + candy + Steel Squirrel armour x 4 = ?

Naturally, tomorrow's papers will be filled with the stories of the adventures of four genius squirrels who are all experiencing a sugar high in their super-powered mecha-armour. affraid

Sorry, bad of me to quote my own posts but a thought just occured to me. We could be stumbling backwards into a scenario where Jack could include cameos from characters from the "Victory Girl" universe. After all, with sufficient paranormal craziness going on around Art, Kat and Pip's house, how long before the ODA come calling?

View user profile

13 Re: Not so bad bug. on Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:33 pm

The ODA is decades in the past.
That's why Jolly Jack said there will be no crossovers. No

View user profile

14 Re: Not so bad bug. on Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:43 am

GothGuru wrote:The ODA is decades in the past.
That's why Jolly Jack said there will be no crossovers. No

I think that was the cast of Prelude that I was talking about. The ODA are still around, and Little Victory is set in the present.
However, don't expect the SA cast to crop up in the pages of Little Victory!

View user profile http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

15 Re: Not so bad bug. on Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:48 am

Not even among the background crowd?

View user profile

16 Re: Not so bad bug. on Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:55 pm

The problem I see with "swatting the bug" is that it will probably release the mutojuse all over the place. Better to injure/immobilize the bug and get the kids out, then let the stuff metabolize so buggy gets small again without creating more problems.

View user profile

17 Re: Not so bad bug. on Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:13 pm

McClaw wrote:The problem I see with "swatting the bug" is that it will probably release the mutojuse all over the place. Better to injure/immobilize the bug and get the kids out, then let the stuff metabolize so buggy gets small again without creating more problems.

...I say swat it. >_>

View user profile http://xivk.deviantart.com/

18 Re: Not so bad bug. on Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:51 pm

What would happen if the kids ingested the mutojuice inside the bug? GRUESOME! affraid

View user profile

19 Re: Not so bad bug. on Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:48 am

Xang wrote:What would happen if the kids ingested the mutojuice inside the bug? GRUESOME! affraid
Shocked

Smile

Very Happy

Twisted Evil

View user profile http://www.airpatrolonline.net

20 Re: Not so bad bug. on Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:01 am

McClaw wrote:The problem I see with "swatting the bug" is that it will probably release the mutojuse all over the place.
It's already too late for that. Kat's experience proves that the mutojuse isn't metabolically degradable - in other words, it stays viable even after ingestion. The kids have already been pretty much doused in the stuff inside the bug's mouth from its saliva. The only option is to get them out now.

I'd be happier with some briefly super-grown flora and fauna than to have to deal with the unpredictable interaction of mutajuse and all that cellular growth and self-modification potential in an immature human. In the Paranoia world, this is called 'Sudden Mutation Syndrome (SMS)'. A new group of pre-teen metahumans could be imminent unless their exposure is minimised.

View user profile

21 Re: Not so bad bug. on Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:28 am

View user profile

22 Re: Not so bad bug. on Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:34 am

Smelge, you've done it again Very Happy

View user profile

23 Re: Not so bad bug. on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:46 am

May be weird... but i so see a mini game idea here of mecha scarlet vs. giant bug.

(must look into...)

View user profile http://xivk.deviantart.com/

24 Re: Not so bad bug. on Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:16 am

BenRG wrote:
McClaw wrote:The problem I see with "swatting the bug" is that it will probably release the mutojuse all over the place.
It's already too late for that. Kat's experience proves that the mutojuse isn't metabolically degradable - in other words, it stays viable even after ingestion. The kids have already been pretty much doused in the stuff inside the bug's mouth from its saliva. The only option is to get them out now.
The kids are exposed, yes. Mutojuse seems to behave a bit like a communicable disease (or vampiric or lycanthropic curse) and no matter what happens the kids will need observation and maybe containment to keep the problem from spreading. I'm just thinking of all the other things the mutojuse can affect and how difficult it would be to re-gather. What can't be contained needs to "burn it out" without passing it along.

Hmm, does mutojuse have less effect in smaller doses? If so, it might be possible to "dilute" it.

View user profile

25 Re: Not so bad bug. on Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:29 am

McClaw wrote:Hmm, does mutojuse have less effect in smaller doses? If so, it might be possible to "dilute" it.
It does seem to reduce in effect in each successive iteration. So, you get instant giant tree, then just big Kat ears and Scarlet boobies. The kids will be third generation; I'm hoping something fairly benign like temporary exoskeleton or the ability to shoot beams o' death from their eyes. alien

View user profile

26 Re: Not so bad bug. Today at 3:29 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum