Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A poll.

+3
cenaris
Xenathos
26_9
7 posters

So, your opinion:

A poll. Vote_lcap0%A poll. Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
A poll. Vote_lcap29%A poll. Vote_rcap 29% [ 2 ]
A poll. Vote_lcap0%A poll. Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
A poll. Vote_lcap29%A poll. Vote_rcap 29% [ 2 ]
A poll. Vote_lcap42%A poll. Vote_rcap 42% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A poll. Empty A poll. Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:44 am

26_9

Before read: please, don't write since I am not trying to troll. It is just my opinion poll, noth' else.

Sometimes I have to see examples of using the mark "furry" with kinda murky reasons.
And my paper book dictionary says: "Furry: smth., covered with fur". So, who the "furries" are, by your opinion?

P.S. If you don't know/didn't understand, what does meand word "furry".
P.P.S. Don't use the Wikipedia - since it already has opinion #2.

2A poll. Empty Re: A poll. Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:23 am

Xenathos

Xenathos

I go for option 5. I just go for that one XD

https://www.youtube.com/user/XellXenathos

3A poll. Empty Re: A poll. Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:02 am

cenaris

cenaris

In my opinion, "Furry" just describes an animal with fur on it. When applied to anthropomorphism it just becomes a vulgar and tainted stigma.

4A poll. Empty Re: A poll. Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:33 am

Pietja

As an adjective, it's option nr. 5, but it can be also an object, like teddy bear or rug.

As a borrowed noun it describes a group of people who have varied, but strong interests in antrophomorphic or non-anthropomorphic animals and who feel strong connection to works of such nature, wich are also quite varied.

Can't say if it's vulgar, as some folks from the fandom accept that name, other don't. It is stigmatizing for sure, if said from the mouth of of a hater, as it fuels internet hate machine.

All in all, it's just a case of labels and semantics.

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

5A poll. Empty Re: A poll. Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:29 am

26_9

2 Cenaris : Oh, sorry. IMHO, it is about to be #5 - but out of it.

6A poll. Empty Re: A poll. Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:35 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai

I just think of it as a type of Animation style. (cartooning style)

http://nikolai-bartolf.deviantart.com/

7A poll. Empty Re: A poll. Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:08 am

CyberCorn Entropic

CyberCorn Entropic

As far as I'm concerned, "furry" as a noun refers to either "furry characters", anthropomorphic animals in other words, or "furry fans", ie. people who like anthropomorphic animals.

Many fans don't like the noun "furry" in any sense because many people, fans and non-fans alike, associate it with the more adult, perverted, and freakish aspects of the fandom. However, the furry fandom is such a wide and varied thing that it can easily be considered a broken fandom, with breaks upon breaks. One group of fans can't stand another group who can't stand yet another and so on in a virtual Gordian knot of hates and dislikes. Hence, trying to lump any group of fans into any one notion of adult, freakish perversion is pointless, especially since a good chunk of the fandom don't like any sorts of perversions in the first place. About all the various fans have in common is that they like animals that have been anthropomorphosized to some degree.

There is another reason fans don't like "furry" as a noun. It comes across as too cutesy. Many people (usually not the same many people mentioned at the start of the previous chunk of text) think of kiddy, all-ages stuff when they see things with anthropomorphic animals in it. That makes it hard for more serious writers and authors to be taken seriously when they try to present more sophisticated material (not necessarily adults-only, but anything that's more thought-provoking than the average Saturday morning cartoon).

http://www.freewebs.com/roadstripe/index.htm

8A poll. Empty Re: A poll. Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:52 am

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

I think of it as 2, animals with human features but still having some characteristic traits or mannerisms that the animal would have.

For me it isn't a OMGFURRYLOLOLOLOVE, just like Anime isn't abig deal for me. Do I love anime? Fuck yes, but I like it as another media style. I'm not your average anime fan where you keep a shitload of anime. Right beside DNAngel is Dexter, beside that is Cowboy Bebop and Band of Brothers.

Same with "furry", this comic is right beside "LICD" and "Zombie Roomie"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum