Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Pre-emptive steps toward repopulation

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Pre-emptive steps toward repopulation on Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:35 pm

Please forgive me for retrospectively looking at an older episode, but I'm a newcomer to both the forum AND the comic. I've looked back and I can't see a thread for this particular episode (maybe it was purged, or maybe the forum was started AFTER this point in SA).



Three questions:
1) Shouldn't that be FIVE cute girls? Scarlet has established that Kat is only a short distance away.

2) Looking past the impossibly thin gene pool that would be involved here... is that even possible in the SA universe? Males consisting only of a human and penguin, Females consisting of a cat and four squirrels. Or was Pip just being incredibly silly?

3) With the rest of the Earth destroyed, who would Pip buy comics, games and videos from? Laughing

(PS - A far more sensible approach would be for those four sciuridae geniuses to clone as many of the deceased as possible.)

View user profile http://sauerpuss.anobviousdistraction.com/

2 Re: Pre-emptive steps toward repopulation on Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:29 pm

Dude. You're creepy.
I like it :-P

View user profile http://cityofsteam.com/

3 Re: Pre-emptive steps toward repopulation on Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:47 pm

EmfinnFZ wrote:Dude. You're creepy.
I like it :-P
Merely curious to know how it works in the SA universe. Some furry cartoonists freely allow hybrids of any kind. Eg; Max Blackrabbit's character Zigzag the tiger-striped skunk featured in Sabrina Online, or Beatrice the young daughter of Brad (human) and Page (mouse) from Brian Daniels' comic Fur Will Fly. Other furry cartoonists settle for a comprimise; IE it's only possible using advanced medical techniques. Eg: In Suburban Jungle by The Gneech. For most cartoonists however it's just "I don't do hybrids."

Consider the theory of quantum universes, that there are an infinite number of parallel realities where each decision is played out. That means that there are universes where Art, Kat, Pip and the four squirrels are the lone survivors on Earth (unless others managed to evade OzBasic's onslaught). Wink Art would then be in a similar position to Dave Lister from Red Dwarf - "I'm the last human being alive."

Another thing that made me curious was the episode where Vanity assumed that Art and Kat were a couple.

View user profile http://sauerpuss.anobviousdistraction.com/

4 Re: Pre-emptive steps toward repopulation on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:04 am

The persons that follow the strip longer and witnessed the crashdown of the previous forums still dont know if they are or are not a couple... Hell... we like it that way :3

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/XellXenathos

5 Re: Pre-emptive steps toward repopulation on Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:03 am

Xenathos wrote:The persons that follow the strip longer and witnessed the crashdown of the previous forums still dont know if they are or are not a couple... Hell... we like it that way :3
Who knows what love exists in the hearts of Art & Kat? (4th frame)



Only Jolly Jack knows... and I'm sure that like all good writers he's going to keep us in suspense. :p

However we're getting sidetracked here. I'm more interested in whether or not there could be any point in them being a couple, or any other mixed pair.

Like you have to wonder about that Helga & Hamster pair... Twisted Evil

View user profile http://sauerpuss.anobviousdistraction.com/

6 Re: Pre-emptive steps toward repopulation on Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:36 am

Sauerpuss wrote:Like you have to wonder about that Helga & Hamster pair... Twisted Evil

You are aware that the Hamster _is_ Jack in the comics/pictures, right?

View user profile http://cityofsteam.com/

7 Re: Pre-emptive steps toward repopulation on Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:40 am

Pal, about Kat's and Art's relationship... Just wait until the movie will come out, your questions will be answered there.

View user profile

8 Re: Pre-emptive steps toward repopulation on Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:05 am

appleclock wrote:Pal, about Kat's and Art's relationship... Just wait until the movie will come out, your questions will be answered there.

Unless M. Kahnighet Shamawhatsit directs, in which case the actors will leap from pose to pose (each pose lifted straight from the last panel of each strip and stripped of all context), screaming every punchline in an effort to include everything formulaicly important into the allotted time.

Oh, and Kat will be a mongoose for some reason.

(Reference http://jollyjack.deviantart.com/journal/34254789/ <- for the baffled)

View user profile http://cityofsteam.com/

9 Re: Pre-emptive steps toward repopulation on Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:11 am

EmfinnFZ wrote:
Sauerpuss wrote:Like you have to wonder about that Helga & Hamster pair... Twisted Evil

You are aware that the Hamster _is_ Jack in the comics/pictures, right?
Gee, I guess that fact must have got by me... Rolling Eyes





Being wedged in between a pair of mammaries larger than one's whole body might be cute for a while... then what? Wink I'm happy being a foxaroo.

View user profile http://sauerpuss.anobviousdistraction.com/

10 Re: Pre-emptive steps toward repopulation on Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:43 pm

a what?

View user profile

11 Re: Pre-emptive steps toward repopulation on Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:02 pm

Youchip wrote:a what?
Mr Jackson AKA "Jolly Jack" has chosen a cute little hamster for his fursona (furry persona) but I'm happy being something closer to human size; a fox - kangaroo cross breed. Mentioned it in my entry in the introduction thread.

View user profile http://sauerpuss.anobviousdistraction.com/

12 Re: Pre-emptive steps toward repopulation on Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:10 pm

oh right
not much into that stuff but i do know what you mean

View user profile

13 Re: Pre-emptive steps toward repopulation on Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:18 am

Sequential Art is fine as is. I guess a movie could be cool, provided it's animated (in 2D)

View user profile

14 Re: Pre-emptive steps toward repopulation on Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:11 pm

Quoth Sauerpuss:
Three questions:
1) Shouldn't that be FIVE cute girls? Scarlet has established that Kat is only a short distance away.
Kat may be out of sight, out of mind.


2) Looking past the impossibly thin gene pool that would be involved here... is that even possible in the SA universe? Males consisting only of a human and penguin, Females consisting of a cat and four squirrels. Or was Pip just being incredibly silly?
Pip was probably being typically perverted.


3) With the rest of the Earth destroyed, who would Pip buy comics, games and videos from? Laughing
Perhaps that's one of Pip's motivations when things look bleak.

View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/roadstripe/index.htm

15 Re: Pre-emptive steps toward repopulation on Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:25 pm

tigerfan51087 wrote:Sequential Art is fine as is. I guess a movie could be cool, provided it's animated (in 2D)

I agree. Highly.

Also, I just did some research.

Turns out the last 2D rendered Animated movie that wasn't anime was Princess and the frog. Way back in December of 2009.

Woah man. Everything animated is 3D rendered now.. o_o

And as plans would have it, there's none to come in 2010 at all..

..

Frist: Dang man. Sequential art would make an awesome comeback for 2D.

View user profile

16 Re: Pre-emptive steps toward repopulation on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:06 am

Don't forget about Doc Nickle's paintball-themed strip The Whiteboard Http://www.the-whiteboard.com

A polar bear rules the strip and neckless humans populate the place for target practice.

View user profile

17 Re: Pre-emptive steps toward repopulation on Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:42 pm

Nighthawke wrote:Don't forget about Doc Nickle's paintball-themed strip The Whiteboard Http://www.the-whiteboard.com

A polar bear rules the strip and neckless humans populate the place for target practice.
Oh yes, one of my favourites. However in The Whiteboard most of the pairings appear to be within their own species. Swampy & Sandy, Shoey & Tawny. The exception being Jake & Pirta. We'll have to wait and see if they have children. Very Happy

Um... Hi Nighthawke, do I know you from a certain other forum that covers a comic with humans, 1 anthro, 1 sqid and a number of robots? Wink

View user profile http://sauerpuss.anobviousdistraction.com/

18 Re: Pre-emptive steps toward repopulation on Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:33 pm

Sauerpuss wrote:
Xenathos wrote:The persons that follow the strip longer and witnessed the crashdown of the previous forums still dont know if they are or are not a couple... Hell... we like it that way :3
Who knows what love exists in the hearts of Art & Kat? (4th frame)



Only Jolly Jack knows... and I'm sure that like all good writers he's going to keep us in suspense. :p

However we're getting sidetracked here. I'm more interested in whether or not there could be any point in them being a couple, or any other mixed pair.

Like you have to wonder about that Helga & Hamster pair... Twisted Evil

A mite off-topic here, but I love Kat's face in the second (and third) panel. She's so cute when she's making Art's life miserable. Very Happy

View user profile

19 Re: Pre-emptive steps toward repopulation on Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:33 am

the good samaritan wrote:A mite off-topic here, but I love Kat's face in the second (and third) panel. She's so cute when she's making Art's life miserable. Very Happy
Meh. An off-topic post is better than leaving a thread to become inactive. Wink

I like her face in those panels too Very Happy

View user profile http://sauerpuss.anobviousdistraction.com/

20 Re: Pre-emptive steps toward repopulation on Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:05 pm

Sauerpuss wrote:
Youchip wrote:a what?
Mr Jackson AKA "Jolly Jack" has chosen a cute little hamster for his fursona (furry persona) but I'm happy being something closer to human size; a fox - kangaroo cross breed. Mentioned it in my entry in the introduction thread.

He will rip of your left fox testicle for saying that. He HATES the auto-connection that people think "HAI U MAEK FURRAY, U IZ FURRAY". He isn't a furry, he just uses anthromorphic characters to embellish their personalities, and you have to admit that ever character was chosen well for their species.

View user profile

21 Re: Pre-emptive steps toward repopulation on Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:30 pm

I also do not like being tagged a furry for liking some anthro characters..
not to say that I have a problem with you guys, I just dont like being called something im not.

View user profile

22 Re: Pre-emptive steps toward repopulation on Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:11 pm

I'm not a furry either. Furry girls are just kinkier than others, that is why I will always play as a human to any furry RPers.

Then breasts are revealed. Then I win.

View user profile

23 Re: Pre-emptive steps toward repopulation on Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:09 pm

Damien Darkside wrote:He will rip of your left fox testicle for saying that. He HATES the auto-connection that people think "HAI U MAEK FURRAY, U IZ FURRAY". He isn't a furry, he just uses anthromorphic characters to embellish their personalities, and you have to admit that ever character was chosen well for their species.
1) "Fursona" is the definition for "Furry persona" when an artist creates one to portray themselves, like it or not.

2) "HAI U MAEK FURRAY, U IZ FURRAY" and other mindless gibberish are part of an internet sub-culture, not exclusively furry culture. I've never had even one furry communicate to me in such a manner.

3) Testicles on a macropod are well protected.

View user profile http://sauerpuss.anobviousdistraction.com/

24 Re: Pre-emptive steps toward repopulation on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:09 pm

I hate it when my friends joke around and call me a furry. They hardly even know what an anthro is!

View user profile

25 Re: Pre-emptive steps toward repopulation on Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:14 pm

...What the hell happened to the discussion here??

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum