Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is your favorite sketch?

+23
the good samaritan
not_cenaris
Zumbo Prime
HyperMetalix
p1x13st1ck
Frist
jollyjack
Paranoid
Leak
Dutch
cammyjag
CyberCorn Entropic
Pietja
Sylentknight
malinborn
MadxHatter123
uziel
26_9
xivk
MrMenace
cenaris
Zaran
BenRG
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26What is your favorite sketch? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your favorite sketch? Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:34 pm

cammyjag

cammyjag

Don't think so, doesn't sound familiar...

In other news:
What is your favorite sketch? - Page 2 Haibane_Kittens

If only for the reference. Haibane Renmei is highly underviewed. This must be remedied!

27What is your favorite sketch? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your favorite sketch? Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:04 pm

Hmm... I've actually never heard about it, what is it?

28What is your favorite sketch? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your favorite sketch? Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:46 pm

cammyjag

cammyjag

It's about this girl who sort of 'hatches' out of a cocoon and finds herself in this strange town. She probably died somewhere else and was reborn here. We don't know for sure, but she has a vague sense of having another life. She's part of a group of beings called 'Haibane'. After they hatch, they sprout these little grey wings and are given a halo to guide them. The series follows the newest girl, whom they name Rakka, for the most part as she tries to find her way in this new world, to learn who she's meant to be and what her purpose is in this strange new place.

You can find the whole series on YouTube. There are parts that are seven levels of awkward, mostly because of Rakka's shy personality, but it's really a heartfelt movie. Makes you cry in a couple places, that's for sure.

29What is your favorite sketch? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your favorite sketch? Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:09 am

Leak

Leak

cammyjag wrote:You can find the whole series on YouTube.
Oh, come one - it's not like the DVDs wouldn't be going for dirt cheap these days...

np: Flight Of The Conchords - Carol Brown (I Told You I Was Freaky)

30What is your favorite sketch? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your favorite sketch? Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:23 am

cammyjag

cammyjag

true, but if you don't want to buy the thing before you watch it.

And, as in all anime, i recommend subbed to dubbed. Smile

31What is your favorite sketch? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your favorite sketch? Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:50 am

Aaah, I see. I'll check it out on YouTube then.

32What is your favorite sketch? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your favorite sketch? Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:04 pm

Leak

Leak

cammyjag wrote:And, as in all anime, i recommend subbed to dubbed. Smile
See, that's the beauty of DVDs - you get an English dub that you can actually listen to AND subs you can easily choose not to activate.

German dubs, on the other hand... *shudder*

33What is your favorite sketch? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your favorite sketch? Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:23 am

cammyjag

cammyjag

ugh, i despise dubs. The voices just grate me.

Also, there are culture nuances that are lost in the subbed versions, so it makes sense to a Western audience.

But I don't want to turn this thread into some anime translation debate. I have an unhealthy affinity for subtitling anyway, even if I'm watching it in English. Used to drive my college roommates crazy.

34What is your favorite sketch? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your favorite sketch? Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:51 pm

BenRG

BenRG

cammyjag wrote:Also, there are culture nuances that are lost in the subbed versions, so it makes sense to a Western audience.
Additionally, the dubbing company often has this wonderfully patronising attitue that says we poor westerners cannot understand Japanese culture, cusine, etc and that, therefore, they should make a flat-footed attempt to subsitute some western (preferrably American) artifact or behaviour for the Japanese one.

But, as you say, this is off-topic.

So... Who's up for Chloe to become Goodcat's on-off trophy girlfriend? Wink

35What is your favorite sketch? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your favorite sketch? Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:24 pm

cenaris

cenaris

BenRG wrote:

So... Who's up for Chloe to become Goodcat's on-off trophy girlfriend? Wink

I can actually see that. Not that it has anything to do with my favoritism for the character ( Twisted Evil ) but I can imagine they might know each other even on a very basic level. Wonder if anyone will take note? Otherwise I'm gonna have to draw it.

36What is your favorite sketch? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your favorite sketch? Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:38 pm

Paranoid

Paranoid

cenaris wrote:... I'm gonna have to draw it.

doitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoit

37What is your favorite sketch? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your favorite sketch? Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:14 pm

cenaris

cenaris

WilldoWilldoWilldoWilldoWilldoWilldoWilldoWilldoWilldoWilldoWilldo

It'll be a simple sketch of them, nothing naughty (in spite of Chloe's more libertine behaviour)

38What is your favorite sketch? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your favorite sketch? Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:07 am

jollyjack

jollyjack
Admin

They may appear in a pin-up together, but they're from 2 different universes.

https://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

39What is your favorite sketch? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your favorite sketch? Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:28 am

BenRG

BenRG

jollyjack wrote:They may appear in a pin-up together, but they're from 2 different universes.

Weeellllll, since when has that stopped anyone? Wink When it comes to fan activity, dimensional boundaries are so permiable that they are practically collanders!

40What is your favorite sketch? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your favorite sketch? Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:23 pm

malinborn

malinborn

me, i am hoping for Chloe, Helga and Hillary

41What is your favorite sketch? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your favorite sketch? Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:37 am

Frist

Frist

Well, it depends. I can honestly say that I've not yet found a #1 favorite out of all of them (way too hard to easily decide), however, I do have favorites for certain characters.

For Art, I've gotta say I love the sketch of him facing apocalypse with the 3 others close by, holding up the pencil towards the sky with the most inspiring face on ever, kinds looks like it'd be a movie poster.

For Pip, definitely the "+32 Attack Bonus" Realm of Lorecraft one, or the one with him controlling the giant mecha.

For Kat, as much as I love the ones of her *ahem* "with" Scarlet (and for those few sketches, Chloe <3), I love the one of her offering up the 2nd controller.

More in a bit, heading out the door. Razz

42What is your favorite sketch? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your favorite sketch? Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:44 am

Frist

Frist

Scarlet: Dun't make me choose! D: too many to choose.

Chloe: Resist T-Shirt, easily, if that counts as a sketch. If not, then I'll choose the BIIIIG EYES one. I can imagine waking up to that at the foot of my bed <3 freaking ADORABLE!

Hilary: Soapy Goodness Guhhhhhggggguhgh, yaaahhh!

43What is your favorite sketch? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your favorite sketch? Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:23 am

26_9

|______________| /
/ ____________/ -D
/ / \ | \ \
/____|

" No,kid, (blam!) you don't ".

http://www.collectedcurios.com/Nerdette_2008_04_24.jpg

44What is your favorite sketch? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your favorite sketch? Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:23 am

cenaris

cenaris

I like the Hilary Sauced pic, though there's some kind of filthy meaning in it.

45What is your favorite sketch? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your favorite sketch? Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:49 am

New favorite Very Happy

What is your favorite sketch? - Page 2 Honourless_Panda

46What is your favorite sketch? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your favorite sketch? Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:10 pm

p1x13st1ck

p1x13st1ck

What is your favorite sketch? - Page 2 Binary_by_jollyjack

47What is your favorite sketch? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your favorite sketch? Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:44 am

HyperMetalix

Pietja wrote:[MOD EDIT - Dodgy site] here it is, if the previous doesn't work.

It seems the website you linked to holds some of JollyJacks works, a few of which should'nt be there.

Somthing for JJ to look into, but I think one of his 'Apsara' are on there!

48What is your favorite sketch? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your favorite sketch? Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:31 am

cenaris

cenaris

There also appears to be a couple of questionable fan pics on there too. Definitely not one to look at at if you like your Kat and Scarlet clean.

49What is your favorite sketch? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your favorite sketch? Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:11 am

26_9

I think I have problemed perception :"all up here" place is head...but firstly I thought it is databank on hand or something...

1010(2)=11(10)

50What is your favorite sketch? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your favorite sketch? Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:13 am

26_9

----

Last edited by 26_994 on Sat May 22, 2010 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum